Fentanyl laced Oxy, Valium, and Xanax

crash_davis

As Harold Ramis said to Seth Rogen in Knocked Up: "No Pills, No Powders. If It Grows In The Ground It's Probably OK."
I, too, am having conversations with my kids that my parents never would've had with me.

Yup. It’s fucked up that we have to think this way. But if it’s something they intend to do anyway, as parents, I think we have to consider making the purchases for them. I suppose it’s not a perfect system since pills can vary so much, but whether it’s weed, mollie, or coke, I trust my professional friends who have long time suppliers far more than some shithead kid at Westlake. But there will be a lot of education around not taking other shit. If nothing else, being open about my own experiences will be significantly better than the “don’t do drugs, we never did” bullshit I got from my parents.
  • Hook 'Em 2

As a recovered alcoholic/prescription drug fiend, I won't go that far as to actually procure it. But when my kid is back here in TX from her out of state college, her weed guy is a local civic leader, a fine upstanding citizen that leans libertarian.  But he won't sell weed to 20 somethings unless he's known their parents for a long time.

I was 16 when Len Bias keeled over, and not long after, my dad decided to give me The Talk about cocaine. We were pissing behind some bar in Montrose...."Son, don't mess with this crap up here. If you want to do some blow, go down to Panama and I'll set you up with some friends of mine who will give you some uncut shit three hours from the factory. Not only is this crap up here a rip-off, but it might kill you too."

I never did make it to Panama, yet, but I also didn't do any coke until I was in my twenties. And it never was my thing.

I had no trouble sticking to the three rules -- never buy it, never sell it, never turn it down. 

(Dad had a little phase where he violated the first two, but that was in the '70s.)

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

2 minutes ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

I was 16 when Len Bias keeled over, and not long after, my dad decided to give me The Talk about cocaine. We were pissing behind some bar in Montrose...."Son, don't mess with this crap up here. If you want to do some blow, go down to Panama and I'll set you up with some friends of mine who will give you some uncut shit three hours from the factory. Not only is this crap up here a rip-off, but it might kill you too."

I never did make it to Panama, yet, but I also didn't do any coke until I was in my twenties. And it never was my thing.

I had no trouble sticking to the three rules -- never buy it, never sell it, never turn it down. 

(Dad had a little phase where he violated the first two, but that was in the '70s.)

What's your dad's phone number? Asking for a friend.... lol just kidding. i don't want his phone number.

But... as I get older I find myself thinking of how to shuffle off this mortal coil if things get so bad (health-wise). Keeping a fentanyl-laced whatever might be the way to go. 

2 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

What's your dad's phone number? Asking for a friend.... lol just kidding. i don't want his phone number.

But... as I get older I find myself thinking of how to shuffle off this mortal coil if things get so bad (health-wise). Keeping a fentanyl-laced whatever might be the way to go. 

Lol he wouldn't know these days....Though I still think he wouldn't turn down a bump if he thought it might be good shit. He is just not out in those kinds of scenarios as much as he used to be. 

Seriously, I was grateful for the real talk I got. I've had my issues but those have been with alcohol, and not the boogy men drugs, and I've tried most of them. 

Edited by MaybeACoordinator

3 minutes ago, Asithappens said:

To your other point, Brompton's cocktail is the way to go: a liquid solution of morphine (or heroin), cocaine, alcohol (and sometimes other central nervous system depressants), chloroform water, and flavoring, which probably takes its name from Brompton Hospital, was sometimes provided to patients suffering from pain associated with terminal illness.

Supposedly our government made the Brits stop handing this out because of our war on drugs. 

Hearing that Len Bias had died from cocaine was enough to scare me from ever trying it. I had friends that dealt and friends that pretty much always had some on them, but I never did it. I figured if it could kill someone like Len Bias that it could way more easily kill me.

I’ve known three people (former co-workers) that have died from pills over the last few years. They each left children behind them. I’m not exactly sure how the talk with my son will happen, but I absolutely hope to put the fear of god into him about pills and powders. I hope he doesn’t ever get into drugs at all, but I’m not naive enough to know he won’t at the very least try them. As long as he sticks to shrooms and weed while being in a safe environment it may be all I can reasonably hope for.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tbone_ said:

We’ve all known the “good guy” dealer before, but unless you are buying at Walgreens, someone has dealt with some sketchy motherfuckers somewhere up the line.

And that's fair. But I'm not just talking about the "good guy" dealer. Folks that make their living dealing to high end professionals are going to be better with their sources. Sure, they aren't getting their shit directly from the producer in South America, but it's going through fewer hands. They're selling a better product which is more pure, and less likely to be cut with bad shit. Unlike some high school kid trying to make a few bucks, those folks aren't going to continue doing business with someone who deals them a shitty product. Nothing is fool proof when you're operating outside the law, but people are going to continue using drugs. Best you can do is decrease your chances of buying a product that's been through several low level dealers' hands. 

37 minutes ago, pch said:

Reading this gives me the sad.  My son died on January 23 of this year from a fentanyl overdose. 

I am sorry for your loss...My mother was an opioid addict and it wrecked her life and those of her four kids and pretty much everyone around her but that took her decades to accomplish and she tried and failed to quit time and time again. In the end she switched back and forth between booze and opioids and she died horribly.

Today a kid can be going through a phase and end up dead and that is terrifying. It used to be pretty hard to overdose but now it's like Russian roulette. 

• 1 year later...

Looks like this shit is killing HS kids in central Texas now.  My daughter's friend's brother passed away last night. All signs point to the same. Fuck these mother fuckers who are doing this shit for a buck

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/hays/autopsy-determines-4th-hays-cisd-student-death-linked-to-fentanyl/

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Looks like this shit is killing HS kids in central Texas now.  My daughter's friend's brother passed away last night. All signs point to the same. Fuck these mother fuckers who are doing this shit for a buck

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/hays/autopsy-determines-4th-hays-cisd-student-death-linked-to-fentanyl/

Holy shit 15? That's young to be getting into the hard stuff. 

Right... that's young to be doing Xanax. 
What bubble did you emerge from.

I'm mid 40s, by the end of eighth grade we had multiple pregnancies, alcholics, cop killers, murderers, acid heads; people huffed gas, freon and glue. Pcp, plenty of pot heads shrooms .And random pills passed around like candy. Even the nerds ate speed to study and everyone smoked cigs at some point.

I didn't personally partake, but saw it all go down.

Kids today; largely are much better humans both in my NW Austin bubble and in general as studies also reflect. But we didn't have Fentanl killing kids that decided to take a "minor risk" or try to numb anxiety despite the added pressure they feel now days. .
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I'm mid 40s, by the end of eighth grade we had multiple pregnancies, alcholics, cop killers, murderers, acid heads; people huffed gas, freon and glue. Pcp, plenty of pot heads shrooms .And random pills passed around like candy. Even the nerds ate speed to study and everyone smoked cigs at some point.

Kids today; largely are much better humans both in my NW Austin bubble and in general as studies also reflect. But we didn't have Fentanl killing kids that decided to take a "minor risk" or try to numb anxiety despite the added pressure they feel now days. .

Not everyone had that experience. I can't name one person from middle school who did any of that other than cigs. High school there was of course pot and coke but probably not alcoholics (unless weekenders who were numerous) count. No murderers and surprisingly no pregnancies my year at least.

I think Xanax at 15 is young but I don't find it surprising. Fentanyl would be a little more surprising but as you said passing around random stuff is pretty common. At UT in my age group X was pretty big and if a hot girl handed a guy a random pill and said it was X, I assume he would take it if only in an attempt to get laid. If it was laced...

2 minutes ago, 4th_and_18 said:

Gray death is making its way through west campus. We were warned today that if we find gray powder in the building to leave it and call 911.

How would you know what it looks like? Does it look any different than your standard opioid pill?

10 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

I'm aware that kids get into drugs at young ages. Xanax is a very hard drug for a 15 year old to be using. If you disagree then that's fine. It's unfortunate that all this fentanyl shit has made it so much more dangerous - but Xanax can ruin your life or kill you on its own. 

I'm not blaming the kid - it's tragic. I was mainly surprised to see that he was just 15 - and that he was the 4th kid to die in that school district. That's a serious community issue. If fentanyl wasn't going around then a couple 15 year olds popping pills wouldn't be a news story. But it is and it is. 

• Like 1

Not everyone had that experience. I can't name one person from middle school who did any of that other than cigs. High school there was of course pot and coke but probably not alcoholics (unless weekenders who were numerous) count. No murderers and surprisingly no pregnancies my year at least.
I think Xanax at 15 is young but I don't find it surprising. Fentanyl would be a little more surprising but as you said passing around random stuff is pretty common. At UT in my age group X was pretty big and if a hot girl handed a guy a random pill and said it was X, I assume he would take it if only in an attempt to get laid. If it was laced...
I saw plenty of fuckery at UT, but not like middle school. Ut in the 90s was a shit load of X and occasional pills, we didn't fuck with the latter. But quite a few cats got into Meth and day trading and dropped out.

I'm aware that kids get into drugs at young ages. Xanax is a very hard drug for a 15 year old to be using. If you disagree then that's fine. It's unfortunate that all this fentanyl shit has made it so much more dangerous - but Xanax can ruin your life or kill you on its own. 
I'm not blaming the kid - it's tragic. I was mainly surprised to see that he was just 15 - and that he was the 4th kid to die in that school district. That's a serious community issue. If fentanyl wasn't going around then a couple 15 year olds popping pills wouldn't be a news story. But it is and it is. 
Fair enough.

I'm lucky that my high schooler is into athletics, lifting weights, healthy diet and doing all the fun shit in life that drugs take away from you- sports, travel, surfing, bikes, snowboarding, hiking. Fuck pills and powders.

46 minutes ago, Born to Run said:

Did we go to the same middle school? 

Is my understanding right? Kids want to get a buzz, so they get some pills- Adderall, Xanax, whatever. But the problem is- the pills aren’t really Adderall or Xanax. They’re some bs product made with fentanyl. So the kid that thinks he can gobble a few Adderall, instead gobbles a few fentanyl pills,  and then dies. Is that how it works?

Because, if that’s how it is- that’s terrifying. In my day, the risk of buying speed was that you were just getting caffeine pills, and dope might be heavy on the oregano instead of cannabis. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Is my understanding right? Kids want to get a buzz, so they get some pills- Adderall, Xanax, whatever. But the problem is- the pills aren’t really Adderall or Xanax. They’re some bs product made with fentanyl. So the kid that thinks he can gobble a few Adderall, instead gobbles a few fentanyl pills,  and then dies. Is that how it works?

Because, if that’s how it is- that’s terrifying. In my day, the risk of buying speed was that you were just getting caffeine pills, and dope might be heavy on the oregano instead of cannabis. 
Yes, that's the problem, even low level doses of casual party pills can kill you if accidentally cross contaminated with Fentanl. They all can be contaminated. It's a roll of the the dice, like spinning a chamber in Russian roulette. I tell my kid over and over this truth. Not even once man.

14 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I dunno, pretty credible story that one remedial kid went away for other crimes, but also fucked a miniature horse. I kinda hope that detail was unique to NW Houston.

Was this kid, by any chance, Colombian?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Rip76 said:

Two of my girlfriend’s kid’s friends died from this shit in the Woodlands in the last 6 months.

Yep.  I used this to talk to my son about pills.  I also talk about it every time this thread is bumped.  I tell him that as we walks through the halls he should look around a think to himself that at least one kid in that hallway is likely to die from taking pills.  It's awful to have these discussions and to have to scare your children, but it seems there isn't another option. 

• Hook 'Em 3

At least this is making the news unlike the heroin problem that hit Lake Travis HS and Dripping Springs HS 15-20 years ago. There were a dozen ODs and a handful of deaths back then but they fought hard to keep that under wraps.

7 hours ago, Born to Run said:
9 hours ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I dunno, pretty credible story that one remedial kid went away for other crimes, but also fucked a miniature horse. I kinda hope that detail was unique to NW Houston.

Close...Port Arthur. And I know of a dude that fucked a goat. 

I can't imagine the shit kids have to go through now. In some ways, they have it much easier than we did. In other ways, they have shit to deal with that we never even thought of having to deal with. 

My daughters and their friends only ever smoked pot. Pot is everywhere starting in middle school. High school is where kids get introduced to all the other shit. Lots of high school kids take Xanax and other shit to deal with the stress, from chilling out to helping them stay awake and focused for studying. I don't blame the kids. If this shit were the norm when we were in school, I'm sure many of friends would've taken the shit too. I told my girls no pills and nothing up their noses. Luckily for me, they've listened.

Some shit is beyond their control. They are of legal drinking age and going to bars. There have been at least 3 confirmed instances where their friends have been drugged from drinks at bars. They try to be hyper aware of holding their drinks and never accepting drinks from strangers. Even with that, 3 friends have been drugged. Luckily their friend groups were able to care for them.