Fentanyl laced Oxy, Valium, and Xanax

crash_davis

I’m sure.

My point is that, as a parent of a 16 yo and as a result am around teenagers a bunch, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of stupid stuff they do and how they consistently underestimate the risk of what they do. They just don’t think like grown ups do. No matter how much lecturing they get.

I don’t know your little brothers at all. I’m sure they are great people. But I’d be willing to bet plenty of money that they routinely do shit that would horrify you if you knew about it. Opiates? Who knows. But they’re doing shit. Because that’s what teenagers do.

• Hook 'Em 4

9 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I’m sure.

My point is that, as a parent of a 16 yo and as a result am around teenagers a bunch, it never ceases to amaze me the amount of stupid stuff they do and how they consistently underestimate the risk of what they do. They just don’t think like grown ups do. No matter how much lecturing they get.

I don’t know your little brothers at all. I’m sure they are great people. But I’d be willing to bet plenty of money that they routinely do shit that would horrify you if you knew about it. Opiates? Who knows. But they’re doing shit. Because that’s what teenagers do.

We forget what it was like when we were teenagers. It's a fact that all teenagers from the dawn of time to now to when we kill ourselves from the face of this planet are fucking idiots. No generation was better than the one which succeeded it. Idiots, every fucking one of us.

edit: In fact, it started when the dumb bitch ate the goddamned apple after being told not to eat the motherfucking apple. Fucking teenagers!

Edited by crash_davis
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I’m sure.

Oh for sure. One of them and his friends are fucking retarded. And I mean that in an endearing way. 

All I'm saying is there's a jump for me between typical teenage dumbassery and watching your friends die and continuing to do what killed them. I don't want to act like Hays ISD isn't doing all they can but that many kids dying in that short of a timeframe is incredibly alarming. I mean - how many ODs have AISD or other surrounding districts had the past couple years?

There seems to be an issue with that community and I'm curious about what it is and why it's apparently so deep-seated. "Kids being kids" doesn't do it for me at this point (and I'm not saying anyone here is brushing it off like that).

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I have three teenage little brothers - all much younger than me. I know all of them very well. They all drink and one of them is a pothead. I'd be fucking horrified if I found out any of them were doing street opioids. 

They also need to bring their own booze and keep it secured at all times. Young women (and men) are getting roofied w fentanyl laced pills

All I'm saying is there's a jump for me between typical teenage dumbassery and watching your friends die and continuing to do what killed them.

I agree with everything you said.

I also bet that for every kid who accidentally OD’s there’s a whole group of adults who know them who’d say I never would have excepted him/her to make the jump from typical teenage dumbassery to accidentally od’ing on fentanyl.

That’s what makes it so insanely scary.

I'm a man, I'm 40, but in my day, everyone was doing pills in high school and college. Xanax, vicodin, valium, etc. 

I would hope that we would have stopped if our friends were dying, but IDK. I saw a teenage acquaintance kill a person while DUI and get locked up. Didnt stop me from getting behind the wheel the very next Friday night.

VICE news story on a group in Vancouver that finally got tired of the overdoses and government inaction.  They give out heroin, coke, and meth that has been tested for Fentanyl. This will never happen here but it sounds like a good idea to me.

12 minutes ago, Foosters said:

I'm a man, I'm 40, but in my day, everyone was doing pills in high school and college. Xanax, vicodin, valium, etc. 

I would hope that we would have stopped if our friends were dying, but IDK. I saw a teenage acquaintance kill a person while DUI and get locked up. Didnt stop me from getting behind the wheel the very next Friday night.

This is the issue. Fucking cartel are also mixing Fentanyl in Adderall, Ritalin types of drugs. These kids aren't OD'ing because they are hooked on heroin. They are taking pills which are prescribed everyday by doctors to millions. When my daughters were at LASA, they knew plenty of kids who took Adderall and Ritalin to help them study. I'm sure this goes for every high school across the nation. Some of those kids are now at or graduated from Ivy League schools, Stanford, etc. So it's not just the kids who are doing drugs just for the fuck of it.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

This is the issue. Fucking cartel are also mixing Fentanyl in Adderall, Ritalin types of drugs. These kids aren't OD'ing because they are hooked on heroin. They are taking pills which are prescribed everyday by doctors to millions. When my daughters were at LASA, they knew plenty of kids who took Adderall and Ritalin to help them study. I'm sure this goes for every high school across the nation. Some of those kids are now at or graduated from Ivy League schools, Stanford, etc. So it's not just the kids who are doing drugs just for the fuck of it.  

100%. Cartels counterfeit everything now.

3 hours ago, We’reTexas said:

Yes, becoming common in hipper bars/restaurants where I live, along with Narcan. 

I was shocked it was such a common thing. Back in my day, we just did the gross drugs we scored. I talked to a hard charging colleague who lives in Miami and I off-hand said something about how scary it is to me these days and I'm glad I sowed my wild oates when I did, and he said "oh we test everything, everytime. no worries" Blew my mind, it's become a best practice in partying.

5 hours ago, crash_davis said:

https://www.kut.org/education/2023-01-11/hays-cisd-student-deaths-drugs

The death of another student from a fentanyl overdose has prompted Hays County officials to escalate their warnings about the drug.

The county sheriff confirmed the death on Sunday.

Tim Savoy, chief communications officer for the Hays Consolidated Independent School District, said this has been an ongoing crisis. Three Hays CISD students died from fentanyl overdoses last summer and a fourth student died the first week of school.

Hays CISD collaborated with students across campuses to create a series of informational posters and videos and distributed the material to schools of all grade levels in the district.

The posters show kids what a lethal dose of fentanyl looks like and how to spot a counterfeit pill from a real one.

realvsfake.png

Savoy says young adults aren't seeking out fentanyl; instead, they think they're taking another drug and accidentally end up overdosing on the synthetic opioid.

Anecdotal and small sample size but I know a young Austin woman (who grew up with my kids in Houston) who very much seeks out fentanyl specifically. Slow-motion, horrible train wreck in action. And if you listen to Bob Forrest's Don't Die podcast, there are very many twentysomethings like her.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Do y'all think the cartel mule that brings the stuff across the border continues on in his shitty truck to all points west, north, and east in the United States?  Would you care to know how fentanyl actually gets into communities?  

image.jpeg.ace4319b3096982faf93a12a515e5ef0.jpeg

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, YGIFS said:

Do y'all think the cartel mule that brings the stuff across the border continues on in his shitty truck to all points west, north, and east in the United States?  Would you care to know how fentanyl actually gets into communities?  

Post up.

Well, would it be wise for cartels to keep using the same guys that got it across the border?  before they divide it up all clean and small, they still need to move it in bulk to myriad hubs.  Obviously by road.  But it's not immigrants, illegals, MS-13, nor brown people.  Once across the border, before being distributed from hubs to wholesalers...it's moved around this country en masse under the protection of..........................you'll figure it out.  People only believe something once the arrived at the conclusion themselves.  This ridiculous notion that it's coyote runners fresh off an illegal  border crossing sending this shit around our country is laughable.  

On 1/12/2023 at 1:42 PM, crash_davis said:

Are kids dying from Adderall and Ritalin procured through a prescription?  Doubt it.

On 1/12/2023 at 5:01 PM, MaybeACoordinator said:

Anecdotal and small sample size but I know a young Austin woman (who grew up with my kids in Houston) who very much seeks out fentanyl specifically. Slow-motion, horrible train wreck in action. And if you listen to Bob Forrest's Don't Die podcast, there are very many twentysomethings like her.

Unreal.  Sorry, or maybe not, but Darwin is real.  We don’t want people that stupid to be procreating.  

• Like 1

On 9/9/2022 at 1:48 PM, Helobious said:

Pro tip I learned just from being broke: if you have a drink, drink it fast. You’ll get drunk faster on fewer drinks, therefore saving you money, and there’s also almost no opportunity for your drink to get fucked with.

Tip I learned from being an alcoholic.  Order all the drinks, drink them fast, drink all of them, every drop, and maybe drink someone else's too.

No one fucks with your drinks.  

Other than that, I don't recommend it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, HouTex said:

Unreal.  Sorry, or maybe not, but Darwin is real.  We don’t want people that stupid to be procreating.  

Well, that's not "stupid," that's addicted with a more patent death wish than the average addict (it's all a death wish, but usually more latent).  Odds are unfortunately decent that she won't be procreating.

• Like 1

Love icon for "agreeance" and not for the situation...She was born a few years after my son and before my daughter and had a girl-crush on him and babysat her. She was born into a bad marriage with a dad who lost himself in his career and a mom who is crazy AF. I don't know the whole situation but I was told she is a "defiant" fentanyl addict. 

• Hook 'Em 1

We’ve had very Frank discussions with our 19 & 17 yo.  Tried scare tactics plus just reality.  You just simply can’t take pills or snort coke.  Fentanyl is everywhere and you just never know.  We know several people who’ve lost kids to fentanyl.  Horrific.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 1/12/2023 at 11:27 AM, Bevo said:

Step 1: Put a small amount (at least 10mg) of your drugs aside

Um, some of those are 20mg tabs. You think some dude is going to spend whatever on a tab., break it in half, and waste half of it to perform testing (while drunk and high)?

Sounds-like-a-plan GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Cartels aren’t counterfeiting 5,10,20mg pills.  They counterfeit 30’s because that’s what commands the most price.  It’s also what most MDs have zero interest in prescribing.  Why would they want to get their patients addicted and have to deal with constantly writing new scripts or send to pain docs to manage?  A few years ago an orthopedic surgeon, in South Bend, got shot and killed by a patient’s husband after telling her he couldn’t write her another pain script and he’d refer her to pain management.  Dude was walking to his car after a day in clinic.  Also, it doesn’t take 10mg to test.  Fake pills flake and chip and crumble.  Real pills don’t.  If a pill flakes, I’d bet you could crush that flake and drop the powder in an ounce of water and get a positive result from a test strip.  Unfortunately, we are too far down the rabbit hole to have a good solution.  This is going to get worse before it gets better and I bet it affects all of us at some point, if it already hasn’t. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HeHateMe said:

Cartels aren’t counterfeiting 5,10,20mg pills.  They counterfeit 30’s because that’s what commands the most price.  It’s also what most MDs have zero interest in prescribing.  Why would they want to get their patients addicted and have to deal with constantly writing new scripts or send to pain docs to manage?  A few years ago an orthopedic surgeon, in South Bend, got shot and killed by a patient’s husband after telling her he couldn’t write her another pain script and he’d refer her to pain management.  Dude was walking to his car after a day in clinic.  Also, it doesn’t take 10mg to test.  Fake pills flake and chip and crumble.  Real pills don’t.  If a pill flakes, I’d bet you could crush that flake and drop the powder in an ounce of water and get a positive result from a test strip.  Unfortunately, we are too far down the rabbit hole to have a good solution.  This is going to get worse before it gets better and I bet it affects all of us at some point, if it already hasn’t. 

The directions that someone copied on this thread said at least 10mg.

You seem like you know what you are talking about. How do drunk and high amateurs at a bar break-off or cut 10mg off a 30mg tab without the pill crumbling?

Having a reversal agent at the bar seems very useful. Naloxone is pretty damn safe.

We’ve had very Frank discussions with our 19 & 17 yo.  Tried scare tactics plus just reality.  You just simply can’t take pills or snort coke.  Fentanyl is everywhere and you just never know.  We know several people who’ve lost kids to fentanyl.  Horrific.

I do this with my 16yo often. Every time I find a story in the news I text it to her and we talk about it. I tell her all the time it’s not if but when it happens to someone she knows. I will never let up.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I do this with my 16yo often. Every time I find a story in the news I text it to her and we talk about it. I tell her all the time it’s not if but when it happens to someone she knows. I will never let up.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, I do this exact thing. There were a couple of kids that died of OD here in The Woodlands a couple of years ago and I sent him that story. I send him every story I see.
  • Like 1

On 9/28/2022 at 3:49 PM, tbone_ said:

They don’t give a shit if you die. Just that you pay. When you die, there’s always a next guy that will pay.

Yep, as the old saying goes "there's a sucker born every minute".

On 9/28/2022 at 3:49 PM, tbone_ said:

They don’t give a shit if you die. Just that you pay. When you die, there’s always a next guy that will pay.

Yep, as the old saying goes "there's a sucker born every minute".

On 1/12/2023 at 12:14 PM, tbone_ said:

Only way to “solve” the problem is for US to release and endless supply of free QC’d product on the market. Make so no one has an incentive to deal with black market shit.

Sure addictions would go up but I bet it would be less of a problem than the violence and OD deaths we currently have. Or not. Who knows.

Clearly controlling the demand side doesn’t work. Supply side is the the only way to “solve” the cartel counterfeit issue.

I’m ok with legalization for you dope fiends, but “free”?  Fuck that shit.

8 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I’m ok with legalization for you dope fiends, but “free”?  Fuck that shit.

I think risk mitigation would be the better approach. NYC’s safe injection sites seem to have had success with averting overdoses (and I think NYC will provide free Narcan kits to bars/clubs?). 

3 hours ago, tbone_ said:

Same here. I have two kids, 16 & 18, in a Hays CISD high school, and this has been an issue for a couple of years now. The increase of fentanyl overdoses in the past year has become terrifying. I appreciate the effort the district is making toward education, awareness, and prevention, but hate the necessity of it. I’ve been having the “no pills, no powder” discussion with them for years, but now they’re seeing that they have classmates overdosing and dying.  I know they’re taking it seriously, but I won’t stop hammering the message into them. I know how much risky partying I did at their age in the 80s, but these days it just isn’t as safe. I was talking to my dad the other day and he told me that it’s surreal what I have to be concerned about as a parent because he never had to worry about me and my sister getting gunned down at school or being in mortal danger from bad drugs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Still genuinely curious how you folks think narcotics/fentanyl make their way around the United States?  It's not the cartels, spoiler alert.  So how do you think it gets from the border to all points between Seattle, Los Angeles, Boston, Atlanta, and Dallas?  Serious question.  

32 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Still genuinely curious how you folks think narcotics/fentanyl make their way around the United States?  It's not the cartels, spoiler alert.  So how do you think it gets from the border to all points between Seattle, Los Angeles, Boston, Atlanta, and Dallas?  Serious question.  

Certainly not by SW Airlines.  

• Haha 4

Explain something to an old. Why would an upper, for example Adderall, laced with a downer, fentanyl, be an item? If I want to study, or otherwise get "up", assuming I live through the first dose, why would I seek that same pill a second time? Is it an "8 ball" thing? Seems counterintuitive. 

8 minutes ago, Not that Bob said:

Explain something to an old. Why would an upper, for example Adderall, laced with a downer, fentanyl, be an item? If I want to study, or otherwise get "up", assuming I live through the first dose, why would I seek that same pill a second time? Is it an "8 ball" thing? Seems counterintuitive. 

Fake adderall is usually laced with meth.

Because they don’t give a fuck. They just press a mixture into a pill that looks like adderall so it will sell. They throw a little something in there for a buzz and that’s that. These are total psychopaths we’re talking about here. No Walter White’s with product integrity in the cartels.

Maybe some do get cut with meth. But that’s how the ones with Fentanyl get it. Shit is probably all over the place. I’m sure they don’t exactly have the most standardized production processes in the world.
  • Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Not that Bob said:

It’s not intentional, most of the time, when uppers get laced with fentanyl. They’re cutting a bunch of different drugs and then not cleaning the area before they move on to the next drug. They’ll cut a bunch of downers with fentanyl, package it up, then turn around and cut cocaine on the same table with the same tools. Fentanyl is so potent that the exposure form that alone is sometimes enough. They just had two people in Galveston overdose on cocaine laced with fentanyl on Christmas. Got it from the same dealer at the same party. 

Street drugs are hardly even close to worth the gamble, right now. Way more deadly that they were in the 80s and 90s. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

Law enforcement

• Like 1