Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

25 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

"We didn't go from being ahead of the curve in NIL, to being behind it."

How do they still not understand the difference between NIL and under the table deals? If NIL was the reason for their success last cycle they wouldn't be struggling like they are this cycle. 

It's because everyone kept telling them and anyone else who would listen that A&M was at the forefront of the NIL game. There was a whole damn Houston Chronicle article about it, where the claim is made with absolutely no examples of how they were dominating NIL. It was a propaganda campaign, and of course dumb aggy fan bought it. 

50 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

How do they still not understand the difference between NIL and under the table deals? If NIL was the reason for their success last cycle they wouldn't be struggling like they are this cycle. 

Um, have you ever met aggy?  They are a special type of stupid.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.3f5240f9b53545f56798061ed1796350.png

spacer.png

They despised Mond for his play and having the gall to have an opinion about the SUL Ross statue. They hate all their senior QBs except for Manziel and Limpin' Stephen McGee. 

We can be damn harsh, but it's usually fairer than they ever are. Simms is the only QB about whom I've been mortified about how he was treated by some fans. It was awful.

Aggies are the bestest fans in the world. They're really loud!!!!!!

There's not a fanbase in the country who would lovingly embrace a 5star QB that bombs.  None.

Edited by Chuckie Finster

10 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Every single one of their criticisms is a confession.

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Because they're as dumb as a trash bag full of hair clippings.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

They despised Mond for his play and having the gall to have an opinion about the SUL Ross statue. They hate all their senior QBs except for Manziel and Limpin' Stephen McGee. 

We can be damn harsh, but it's usually fairer than they ever are. Simms is the only QB about whom I've been mortified about how he was treated by some fans. It was awful.

I bartended for Simms on many occasions.  (yeah yeah, cool story bro)  He was an complete asshole everytime I met him, so I got no love for the son of a bitch.  Major was good dude and Ricky was chill as hell.   Can we get back to recruiting now?  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

To be fair, I reffed IM basketball my senior year and a team featuring Garrett Gilbert and Tre Newton would consistently attract student onlookers who would shit talk them.

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, MAGS® said:

I bartended for Simms on many occasions.  (yeah yeah, cool story bro)  He was an complete asshole everytime I met him, so I got no love for the son of a bitch.  Major was good dude and Ricky was chill as hell.   Can we get back to recruiting now?  

CSB I met Major, Marty Cherry, and James Brown at Gene Dahlquist's house one day. I was friends with his step son and we came in from HS and they were all there. James Brown was disinterested, Marty Cherry and Major both stood up to shake my hand. Marty was huge and Major next to him I was thinking, who is this opie looking dude, a walkon? Good luck beating out Cherry next year. Yeah.. looks can be deceiving sometimes. Both were super nice guys though. Also, fun fact, they were reviewing Nebraska film. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

they disliked mond for one other reason too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MAGS® said:

Good dudes don't cheat with their friend's girlfriend and then cheat on their pregnant wife.   

56 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

CSB I met Major, Marty Cherry, and James Brown at Gene Dahlquist's house one day. I was friends with his step son and we came in from HS and they were all there. James Brown was disinterested, Marty Cherry and Major both stood up to shake my hand. Marty was huge and Major next to him I was thinking, who is this opie looking dude, a walkon? Good luck beating out Cherry next year. Yeah.. looks can be deceiving sometimes. Both were super nice guys though. Also, fun fact, they were reviewing Nebraska film. 

Seems that Major is polite.  Not necessarily a good dude.  

• Hook 'Em 3

48 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Good dudes don't cheat with their friend's girlfriend and then cheat on their pregnant wife.   

Seems that Major is polite.  Not necessarily a good dude.  

I believe an argument can be made that Major is in fact quite rude at this point, if that's what gets your gears going.

UH hires Applewhite as offensive coordinator

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, MAGS® said:

Dunno man, I ran into him several times in the Jester garage and he was cool as fuck to me. Also very good looking. 

Just now, texifornia said:

If there is one thing the Texas interwebs need, it's more discourse about two quarterbacks every other fanbase has mostly forgotten existed. We haven't talked about them enough.

This is basically Satya's fault. And since Satya is the Wescott Ebberts of this board, and you continue to shamelessly promote that click-baiting Eeyore here constantly, that basically makes you part of this problem, sir. 

spiderman-pointing.gif

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is basically Satya's fault. And since Satya is the Wescott Ebberts of this board, and you continue to shamelessly promote that click-baiting Eeyore here constantly, that basically makes you part of this problem, sir. 

spiderman-pointing.gif

Honestly, I finally unfollowed Wescott after he started livetweeting Austin FC games. I only see him if his BON mini-me retweets him.

Edited by texifornia
  • Haha 1

On 7/13/2022 at 7:42 AM, WBT said:

How long before they drop the article and start calling it Pool Party?  What a bunch of rubes.

It's just hysterical how obsessed they are with it.  Any other school, I'd be sure it was parody, but these rubes actually do believe for some reason that coming to College Station to swim at an apartment complex and eat burnt BBQ is seriously going to be a life-changing event for a bunch of 17-yo dudes.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

On 7/13/2022 at 9:01 AM, Vertigo said:

This notion that these kids are going to visit an apartment complex pool in college fucking station and completely fall in love with all things aggy has to be the weirdest piece of hope to cling to that I can remember. "Get em to the pool party!" should seem like a screaming red flag to anybody with a brain. One of two things were going on last year there, and maybe both. Either "NIL" deals were being struck at plastic tables over dry BBQ on paper plates, or womenz were "enticing" recruits. To suddenly come out of a mundane and basic event with incredible momentum with all of the top prospects in the country should seem about as natural as Candi's tits. 

image.thumb.png.20d2f6650f9404e9ea5f88071fda2414.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

38 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

It's just hysterical how obsessed they are with it.  Any other school, I'd be sure it was parody, but these rubes actually do believe for some reason that coming to College Station to swim at an apartment complex and eat burnt BBQ is seriously going to be a life-changing event for a bunch of 17-yo dudes.

There might be some life-changing involved

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread