Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Has anyone informed RiverRat that Holstein visited Bama' in the fall and is set to visit them again in March/April?

It's interesting, but the Bama insiders don't think they can win that recruitment.  I guess you can never count out Saban, but they were pretty matter of fact about not being able to win that one. 

19 minutes ago, RabidM said:

It's interesting, but the Bama insiders don't think they can win that recruitment.  I guess you can never count out Saban, but they were pretty matter of fact about not being able to win that one. 

Per 247, they are focused on Manning and Iamaleava.  South had Iamaleava in his early, projected 2023 class, but thinks they are "in the thick of it" for Manning, as well.  So what you heard could be the result of the guy being a backup, at this point. 

("Saban's skeered of Jimbo!"  - Aggies, probably.)

• 2 weeks later...

Woke stadium renovation is a new one. But my goodness, how quickly they forget that the season that just catapulted them into this lofty national spotlight was an 8-4 record with a bowl game forfeit. We also split the top 10 talent in state with them 4-4 while going 5-7.  So um.. ok. 

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Woke stadium renovation is a new one. But my goodness, how quickly they forget that the season that just catapulted them into this lofty national spotlight was an 8-4 record with a bowl game forfeit. We also split the top 10 talent in state with them 4-4 while going 5-7.  So um.. ok. 

The highlight of their stadium this past season was a grackle. How soon do they forget.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/wandering-bird-steals-the-show-at-kyle-field-as-crowd-erupts/

Wandering bird steals the show at Kyle Field as crowd erupts

Edited by UDontKnow
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I'm trying to understand how the renovations were woke. 

only thing I can come up with is that we renamed the field after 2 black people (who happen to be our 2 Heisman trophy winners, but that's obviously beside the point)

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 2/18/2022 at 3:09 PM, RomaVicta said:

What Aggy sees in mirror:

What the world sees:

…I’m not li'l brother! They are!

Pos Rep for understanding that the apostrophe is replacing the T’s in “little”.

This has bothered me since at least the early ‘90s.

(As does- Class of 94’ )

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

Pos Rep for understanding that the apostrophe is replacing the T’s in “little”.

This has bothered me since at least the early ‘90s.

(As does- Class of 94’ )

I may have been doing it wrong prior to that post. I put the apostrophe after the l and realized what you describe. I'm never going back!

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/18/2022 at 1:15 PM, UDontKnow said:

The highlight of their stadium this past season was a grackle. How soon do they forget.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/tamu-football/wandering-bird-steals-the-show-at-kyle-field-as-crowd-erupts/

That pic was moments before a corps member drew his sabre and was attacked and taken down by a wren.

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2022 at 1:15 PM, UDontKnow said:

Im sorry if this has been covered but we as Texans can agree, that’s a fucking sickly looking Grackle, right?

I’ve watched those things dive and attack chicks on campus and while frightening to few and hilarious to many, those things looked fairly healthy. That thing looks like a roadrunner fucked a pigeon with the unfortunate offspring then developing cancer.   

*dammit, I just zoomed in and noticed it was a juvenile. Welp. Fuck me.

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Haha 1

In an article full of very aggie things, this was the most aggie, to me:

“I don’t know whether [Bettencourt did call Patrick] or not; I wasn’t there, so I don’t know. I was just concerned about who they were nominating for regents and frankly just wanted a good Ag, somebody that actually understood A&M.

What in the ever living fuck.

“We will look into the possibility of taking over Fish Camp as it exists. It may require stealth to do it, and it may require two to four years. We will probably start another camp to run concurrently until the takeover is complete,”

“Plan is to build rapport, get to know them, ask for a follow-up meeting. Don’t want to scare them away. We have to be very careful how we enlighten them."

"TRA has met with the Athletic Director to strongly express our concerns with some student athlete's divisive political activism under the guise of "unity". A Fish Camp type experience for athletes is being discussed to make sure student athletes are as well versed in Aggie traditions and values as the 12th man"

Can you imagine the mercenaries they bought from Tennessee or Penn or Miami sitting through Fish Camp indoctrination? 😂

Thought this was funny. The Battalion showing some balls:

"Further examination by The Battalion revealed, however, that the censored text could be copied and pasted into a text document to be viewed in its entirety, due to TRA using a digital black highlighter to censor. Following quotes are from the uncensored text." 😂😂

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread