Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

On 6/24/2022 at 12:39 PM, texifornia said:

The precipice is BACK!

FWCPexGWQAQ_cxc?format=jpg&name=large

Elite...traditions?

no national championships since 1939.

no conference championships since 1998 (and only 4 in the last 30 years)

no division championships since 1998 (sorry, 2010 doesn't count)

losing records in their rivalries vs Texas (76-37-5), LSU (35-22-3), Arkansas (42-33-3)

...good news though they have winning records vs Baylor (68-31-9), TTU (37-32-1) and TCU (56-29-7)!

image.thumb.png.98649e7e586ba0859eaf375300fb887d.png

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, NoName said:

Elite...traditions?

losing records in their rivalries vs Texas (76-37-5), LSU (35-22-3), Arkansas (42-33-3)

...good news though they have winning records vs Baylor (68-31-9), TTU (37-32-1) and TCU (56-29-7)!

Lulz. 2-10+ win seasons in the last 26 seasons to go with an 8-12 bowl record and 5 different coaches.

It's also funny to think that Texas is done recruiting any position save QB this cycle. Not easier to go big game hunting with a solid floor in place. aggy is already hoping for their 5th choice at QB. Is likely to strike out at RB and several of their WR top of the board targets.

Edited by HtownHorn

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

It's also funny to think that Texas is done recruiting any position save QB this cycle. Not easier to go big game hunting with a solid floor in place. aggy is already hoping for their 5th choice at QB. Is likely to strike out at RB and several of their WR top of the board targets.

New aggy targets:

CD06CE80-9185-4182-B359-46CB0DC4C381.thumb.jpeg.e8fc8c2c5407090c43667ee46ed9ea8a.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Elite...traditions?

Yeah, there's something different in the water there alright...it's called sewage.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

OU Mod is big mad over Arch to Texas:

OUInsider

TexasHeatMizer
VIP+

Curious case for Arch Manning #1 QB ranking
BBishop
STAFF

There never seems to be enough 'news' to satisfy the Arch Manning cult, and add that to several million Burnt Orange fanatics and you get the perfect storm for an epic bust or breakout as Texas absolutely believes that they are back,

And I agree, they are indeed 'back' -- back to massive top ten recruiting victories while on-the-field success avoids them. The feeding frenzy over Arch Manning's commitment just spilled a thousand gallons of fresh blood in the water.

The real question is not is 'Texas back', but : "How is Arch Manning the top QB in the 2023 class?"

The Elite 11 Finals gets way this weekend in Los Angeles. The event that usually pits the top 20 quarterbacks in the country against each other under like conditions to see who really is the best. However, this year comes with an asterisk bigger than a Bevo 'field muffin.'. You see, the nation's proclaimed Número uno QB has decided to take his ball, stay home and play video games instead of competing against flesh and blood.

But it's not the first time Arch has avoided competition. Usually, top ranked high school stars are eager to attend camps, combines and 7 v 7 events to prove their worth. But Manning avoids camps and combines like the Covid-19. Unless it's a camp run by his family, you wont see Arch.

I don't pretend that Manning is not a highly talented prospect. Any QB lucky (or good) enough to land a D1 'power five' offer is very good; I'm just not ready to say he's the nation's top QB based on his surname.

it's unlikely that any of the 'recruiting services' will have the guts to admit that the 'Emperor has no clothes' -- so it's up to we the people to crown the real champ, and this weekend will go a long way in helping us find the right guy.

Just for fun I'll rank my top three Elite 11 favorites, and throw Arch Manning's stats on the bus for comic relief. My top three favorites are: Five-star Malachi Nelson (6-3, 180); Five-star Jackson Arnold (6-1, 200) and new Miami pledge, Four-star Jaden Rashada, (6-3.5, 185), who held my number one QB ranking just six months ago.

Here are some stats from last fall, the first full season for most of these guys. To be fair, they were not all competing against similar competition. Nor do we know how many snaps each player took, but with the data we do have, here’s how they compare:

Passing Attempts- Completed-Percentage

1) J.Arnold: 445 - 296 - 67%
2) A.Manning: 228 - 148 - 65%
3) M. Nelson: 275 - 170 - 62%
4) J.Rashada: 256 - 146 - 57%

As far as completion percentage, Arnold tops Manning, Nelson and Rashada, who surprised me with a fairly average 57% completion. But the top three are more or less equal.

Passing TD’s- Rushing TD’s- Interceptions

1) J.Arnold: 34 - 12 - 5
2) A.Manning: 26 - 7 - 4
3) J.Rashada: 27 - 1 - 5
4) M.Nelson: 39 - 2 - 9

Let’s look at total TD’s and interceptions, (which roughly translates as 'accuracy'). Arnold tops the list with 44 TD’s, but what’s most impressive is that he only had 5 int’s in 445 attempts, (just over 1% of his throws were picked off).

Manning had 33 total TD’s, and had an interception rate of 1.7%. Here’s where Malachi Nelson drops a bit, with an INT rate of 3.2%. Rashada also had a higher INT rate of 1.95%.

'40' times are not a factor in Elite 11, but they are vital in todays college game. I was somewhat surprised to see Nelson's verified 40 time at 4.9. When committed to OU, a member of the former staff had assured us that Nelson was ‘comparable’ to Caleb Williams. That (among other things), turns out to be false.

Yards Passing - Yards Rushing -Total Yards

1) J. Arnold: 3,921 - 659 - 4,580
2) M. Nelson: 2,690 - 192 - 2,882
3) J. Rashada: 2,220 - 193 - 2,413
4) A.Manning: 1,947 - 381 - 2,328

Arnold did churn out the most Total Yards, In fact, he was WAY out in front, with the other three close, but, as stated we don't know how many snaps, how many games, etc. In these three categories, Arnold ranks #1 and would have to be no worse than the #2 QB nationally, and I think we could make a case that no one is superior.

Now you've got to admit, the Manning name and legacy is hard to argue, so we all settle in on naming him the "top 2023 QB' with a perfect recruiting 'score' of 1000. (based on what?) And he may be, but there are probably a dozen other QB's (including Jackson Arnold) that SHOULD be in the conversation.

Any of the 20 competitors have a chance to win this thing. And many times a QB ranked somewhere outside the Top Ten comes to Elite 11 and goes home with a 'QB1' designation that we all should recognize, and one that should have a huge impact on the new rankings.

Personally, I don't think 'generational talent' Quinn Ewers is what he's advertised to be -- but he at least has a resume that verifies his claim. Put Manning on the field at UT in 2023 and I think he'll be lucky to be their 3rd best QB.

Time will tell, even if the ranking services won't

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

<text>

I mean, Malachi Nelson is really fucking good. the odds of Manning finishing as a 1.000 are very small BUT but using all of these stats in general without doing just the bare minimum is hilarious.

• Manning last year had was 148 / 228 attempts with 41 rushing attempts
  • Nelson was 170 / 275 with 34 rushing attempts
  • Rashada was 147 / 256 with 25 rushing attempts
  • Arnold was 296 / 445 with 208 rushing attempts

so of course Arnold is going to have more TDs, more passing yards and more rushing yards...when you average the first 3 out, he has 76% more passing attempts, 82% more completed passes and an eye popping 524% more rushing attempts.

in total those other 3 dudes have 100 rushing attempts - he has 208 on his own. he isn't very good at it though, as he averages 3.1 YPC using the numbers from 247 lol also he had 1 TD every 17 rushing attempts (Arch was 1 TD every 5.8 attempts, Nelson was 1 per 17 and Rashada was 1 per 25)

...who wants to guess where Jackson Arnold is committed?

Spoiler

Oklahoma, of course

11 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Good Lord. They truly have nothing to fall back on except that recruits won't want to play in the B12, trust Jimbo, and Arch is overrated... Give me a 3 star linebacker instead!

So, in '24 when we are out of the XII, jumbo is still running a 1960's offense and Arch is lighting their asses up...

natalie-dormer-apples.gif.618e001be64a1a9481ef62572dd5c781.gif

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread