Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

33 minutes ago, Deej said:

Once they start getting those big dollar businesses like Brazos Valley Farm Bureau Insurance involved with their NIL, watch out...

I was curious just to see car dealers in BCS.  They have a Toyota, Dodge/Chrysler and a Chevy deal.  Real luxury brands that players want to align to.

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
typo

42 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I was curious just to see car dealers in BCS.  They have a Toyota, Dodge/Chrysler and a Chevy deal.  Real luxury brands that players want to align to.

You're forgetting about the Big 3 - John Deere/New Holland/Kubota

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I like how they spent the first part of the year minimizing “sliced bread” as some loser with an agenda to get aggies investigated and now they are treating him like a martyr who started a fucking movement in which all other schools realized that paying players was the prudent path to winning recruiting battles. Which is notably the opposite of what jimbo claimed in his bitchfest re “sliced bread”. 

Typical aggie—once you fall behind, immediately resort to claiming to have been the “first” to do whatever it is that you are now failing at.

11 hours ago, Deej said:

Saban knew exactly what he was doing when he called Jimbo out, and Jimbo bit. 

And the beauty of it was the aggies were so proud of their fearless leader for sticking up to the greatest coach of all time.  This cycle just bolsters what everyone knew about last years aggie class. 

On 8/13/2022 at 8:57 PM, Getafix said:

Thought this was pretty good.

Didn’t think I would see “wouldn’t let us lose to Duke” described as “Jordan-Esque” … but here we are. 

image.thumb.png.0ec623bcd2aaa226b66d2d9a175fd72e.png

(In 2013, they finished tied for 7th in the SEC. 4-4 in conference.  Same as Vanderbilt.)

Yep -- Manziel "let" aggy lose to LSU (twice), Bama, Florida, Auburn, and Mizzou during his two starting seasons, so apparently the Jordan-esque competitiveness ebbed and flowed a bit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, SamMan said:

I remember when Muschamp beat them in college station in 2012 (manziel’s first game?) and he said something like “disappointing all these people is a lot of fun.”

Personally, I’d point to a career record with only two losses registered as more indicative of a “Jordan-esque” will to win, but then I’d show the tape of vy bringing his team back from down 28 at the half in Stillwater, the 4th and 18 conversion in Lawrence, the crazy flip pass to benson with four guys wrapped around his legs in Fayetteville, and the late 4th quarter game-winning throw to limas in the loudest part of the horseshoe to add color to his two clutch rose bowl mvp performances (both of which featured a game-winning drive in the final two minutes to complete a comeback)..but to each his own.

When you think about the fact that he went through that entire final season with Nordgren as the ONLY backup (pretty sure one of the mccoy twins was nominally ahead of colt at the time), in the context of the last twelve years, it adds to the “Jordan-esque” aura of vy.

Note: To think bohls witnessed all of that (excluding the USC game) and still decided to fuck vy is rage-inducing. That motherfucker had seen the best player in college football perform up close every goddamn week for two fucking seasons. What a dick.

Manziel was great, but he was more like Allen Iverson.

Generous on the AI comparison. AI won his conference and played for a NBA title. 

7 hours ago, Deej said:

Was he great? He had an offensive line that gave him time to run around before throwing jump balls to Mike Evans. 

Then aggy was dumb enough to fire the coach who recruited that offensive line. 

They fired him because a guy made one kick.  Kick sails wide, he stays. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

And Iverson was arguably better at football than Mike Vick and a WHOLE lot better at football than Johnny Manziel.

Okay, calm down. I know the legend of Iverson the footballer in HS, but this post is silly. Vick actually did produce in unearthly ways at the next two levels as an individual. Manziel actually won a Heisman at the next level. So, no, Allen Iverson was not "a WHOLE lot better at football" than a Heisman trophy winner and isn't arguably better than Michael Vick at the same sport. I say this without having any love for Manziel or Vick. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 8/15/2022 at 12:22 PM, RomaVicta said:

I'm feeling sick, brother. Sick.

MV5BMGIxYmU3NmEtYTUyMS00ODc1LWJlYzktNTIw

I seen where they missed up on some recruits, yo. You holdin'. I do whatever you want. Hook me up, Tex or Frenzy.

I needs what I needs.

It's mostly them jerking each other off about how Ewers is going to suck. Not as fun to read imo, but I can get around to posting them sometime

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Okay, calm down. I know the legend of Iverson the footballer in HS, but this post is silly. Vick actually did produce in unearthly ways at the next two levels as an individual. Manziel actually won a Heisman at the next level. So, no, Allen Iverson was not "a WHOLE lot better at football" than a Heisman trophy winner and isn't arguably better than Michael Vick at the same sport. I say this without having any love for Manziel or Vick. 

Well...the 'arguably' part was put there on purpose. 

When the two played Virginia HS football, many 'argued' that AI was the better player, more talented, better prospect...etc.    Of course he didn't compare at the collegiate or NFL levels, but when he did compare (HS quarterback) , he more than held his own...hell,  it's almost ubiquitous in Virginia football lore (albeit, one of those  'legend' stories wherein the 'fish' gets larger the more time passes) that he was the 'show' in that part of the country in HS football....and, yes, a quick look at his film and Manziel's at Tivey will be even more of a contrast in abilities. 

Either way....agreed.....he wasn't a better collegiate football player nor NFL player than either one of those guys.  Didn't mean to imply otherwise.   We'll never know. 

I was only referring to the time he did spend in the game, not the time he didn't. 

Peace. 

24 minutes ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

Either way....agreed.....he wasn't a better collegiate football player nor NFL player than either one of those guys.  Didn't mean to imply otherwise.   We'll never know.

we literally do know though. one guy didn't play CFB or NFL football, the other two did.

it's like me saying we will never know who was a better collegiate football player, me or Vince Young. we'll never know.

Edited by NoName

we literally do know though. one guy didn't play CFB or NFL football, the other two did.

except I literally didn't say, imply or even believe quietly that AI was a better collegiate or NFL QB than either of these guys.

this is getting semantical and silly.   I was just pointing out that Allen Iverson, his time on the field, vs. Mike Vick was close., with Iverson having a distinct advantage from the 'round the fire pit' stories told

vs. Johnny...not so close.

IN HIGHSCHOOL

AS A PROSPECT ONLY

I will endeavor to be more literal moving forward.

I beg your pardon.

here, maybe this helps

https://www.sportscasting.com/allen-iverson-shocked-nba-fans-absurdly-bold-claim-forgotten-football-career/

34 minutes ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

we literally do know though. one guy didn't play CFB or NFL football, the other two did.

except I literally didn't say, imply or even believe quietly that AI was a better collegiate or NFL QB than either of these guys.

this is getting semantical and silly.   I was just pointing out that Allen Iverson, his time on the field, vs. Mike Vick was close., with Iverson having a distinct advantage from the 'round the fire pit' stories told

vs. Johnny...not so close.

IN HIGHSCHOOL

AS A PROSPECT ONLY

I will endeavor to be more literal moving forward.

I beg your pardon.

here, maybe this helps

https://www.sportscasting.com/allen-iverson-shocked-nba-fans-absurdly-bold-claim-forgotten-football-career/

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 6

Ok, so less than 20 posts, only been a member for 6 weeks, posting with a familiarity and unfounded certainty that can only come from misguided experience and/or a football board IQ...and I'll go ahead and throw on an inability to copy/paste and/or navigate dark/light functionality.

Which dipshit that got crowd-sourced in late June do we think this knob is?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread