Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

6 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

In the back of my mind for five years has been the thought that Jimbo came to A&M to fleece the rubes and semi-retire while still coaching. I kept thinking that couldn’t be possible because I couldn’t envision someone lacking that much self respect. After today, it sure seems like that’s been his plan all along.  He’s cruising. 

Sounds kinda familiar.

1 minute ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Nah.  He is just not a great coach.  Jameis Winston covered up a lot of warts along with all that talent he had at FSU.  A great QB in college can make any coach look better.  Look what Lamar Jackson did for Charlie Strong and Watson.  

Lamar Jackson did stuff for Bobby Petrino.

Teddy Bridgewater did stuff for Charlie Strong and Watson

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, utexas8 said:

How is their number 1 class looking. Are a lot playing? I see Denver and Stewart but I don’t watch long enough to see how they’re doing.

The two you mention look pretty good.  Their Oline and QB are trash and are the reason they suck.  RB depth is also a problem.  If Achane gets hurt they are fucked even worse.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ClubWhatever said:

The two you mention look pretty good.  Their Oline and QB are trash and are the reason they suck.  RB depth is also a problem.  If Achane gets hurt they are fucked even worse.  

Stewart didn't look good today. Fumble and another dropped pass out of like his 5 targets all game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ajax said:

I wonder if aggy still thinks Haynes King is better than Ewers.

Reading some of those responses are pure gold

”I thought Ewers wasn’t any good!”

”These practice reports told us we are practicing like Jimbo’s Natty Team!”

“All our players are going to portal to OU and Texas now”

I think Evan Stewart and any player that took the bag should be forced to stay on the Titanic as it sinks. 

And Fuck the Brocks. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

”These practice reports told us we are practicing like Jimbo’s Natty Team!”

Just remember, as big of a sunshine pumper Looch is, that idiot Tarp on the 247 board did a preview a few weeks ago of every team on the aggy schedule and basically claimed they would roll into Tuscaloosa undefeated.

4 hours ago, McQ said:

I think we’re done hearing about the Kansas loss…😂

I'm just returning the internet after a really gratifying afternoon of football. 

Have the Aggies made the argument yet that Appalachian State would kick Bama's ass thus meaning their loss was more impressive than our loss? 

What a sweet afternoon. 

I'm proud of the Longhorns, the fans, the coaches, and everything burnt orange. Total effort. Heart. Toughness.

Then to watch the Ags do October in September to a team that body punched their vaunted D-line throughout the game. App State taking a knee near the Aggie endzone? Glorious.

• Hook 'Em 4

3 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

In the back of my mind for five years has been the thought that Jimbo came to A&M to fleece the rubes and semi-retire while still coaching. I kept thinking that couldn’t be possible because I couldn’t envision someone lacking that much self respect. After today, it sure seems like that’s been his plan all along.  He’s cruising. 

I don’t think he’s semi retired. I think he’s coaching to his normal abilities 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Fud said:

He’s good at bringing in defensive line prospects, which helps set a floor 

Definitely but I think there's starting to be enough evidence to indicate Jimbo has a set ceiling without a great QB. 

The aggy program is a mirror image of what Jimbo left at FSU. Terrible OL, bad QB play, an offense that isn't modern, and a reshuffling of assistants who should be fired. It's exactly what Jimbo left at FSU. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just want to add that with all their bellowing last week about how Sam Houston would beat ULM easily because they are one of the worst fbs teams, they beat nicholls pretty handily today while Sam could only muster 3 points in a loss to northern Arizona. 

This is astounding to me. Only they would want to compare complete shit hooks. Ok so let’s preteens Sam Houston state can beat ULM. That changes….nothing. That’s the point of these games. Tune up. Or in aggys case, a dog fight with app state 

8 hours ago, Tree Fidy said:

I hear all this, but what does @bizzle have to say?   That’s all that matters (assuming he hasn’t retreated to the Internet desert in Vancouver). 

We won’t hear from him all year.  He’ll come back next offseason and say he was in Seattle without internet and then proclaim aggy will have 11-12 wins lol 

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread