Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

9 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Harris was not in the act or just after throwing a pass. Harris had no focus downfield as he tucked the ball, tried to avoid the sack, and lowered his shoulders. 

No part of that definition was in play. 

Agree

14 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

This is the rule NCAA updated this season that is coming into play for Overshown.. QB is basically considered defensless when in pocket looking downfield.  Yes it's obviously a very (too) broad rule.

Terrible rule, but it should still be overturned. Harris wasnt looking downfield; he was looking into DMO's eyes right before #0 stole his soul from directly in front of him. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

Terrible rule, but it should still be overturned. Harris wasnt looking downfield; he was looking into DMO's eyes right before #0 stole his soul from directly in front of him. 

He wasn’t looking him in the eyes as he’d already ducked his head in complete subservience to the domination bearing down on him. Hence, the facemask collision.
  • Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Harris was not in the act or just after throwing a pass. Harris had no focus downfield as he tucked the ball, tried to avoid the sack, and lowered his shoulders. 

No part of that definition was in play. 

It's what they are using though. The QB was in passing posture but pulled back at last second as he sees Overshown about to hit him. I just don't know how they can rule defenseless when guy is coming straight at him and he's obviously looking at him and sees him.  But the rules problem is "when in question" is defenseless.  

10 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Again, the insecurities are seen in full display by their desperation here in this bizarre dick measuring contest about the environment during big games.

The guy writing that "multiple people" he knows in different sections were "meh" about the bama atmosphere manufactured that post out of thin air. There isn't a person on this planet that attended that game who would honestly have that take. It also fits directly into what they want to believe - "oh, the dern fancy t-sippers were just complaining about the weather and start time". Right. 

Then you get all of the laudatory self-proclamations about sound systems and what not where Kyle Field is hands down the best, because, because? 

I went to plenty of ATM games when Texas came to town, all as an adult. I'd heard the propaganda from aggies I knew about how amazing Kyle Field was and how loud it was. I was excited to witness it. Nope. Just another game at another stadium. And the stadium itself was a shithole. 

Did they scrap the plans to bowl in the SEZ? I thought at some point that was a thing and I heard the capacity would push to something like 120K. 

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Again, the insecurities are seen in full display by their desperation here in this bizarre dick measuring contest about the environment during big games.

The guy writing that "multiple people" he knows in different sections were "meh" about the bama atmosphere manufactured that post out of thin air. There isn't a person on this planet that attended that game who would honestly have that take. It also fits directly into what they want to believe - "oh, the dern fancy t-sippers were just complaining about the weather and start time". Right. 

Then you get all of the laudatory self-proclamations about sound systems and what not where Kyle Field is hands down the best, because, because? 

I went to plenty of ATM games when Texas came to town, all as an adult. I'd heard the propaganda from aggies I knew about how amazing Kyle Field was and how loud it was. I was excited to witness it. Nope. Just another game at another stadium. And the stadium itself was a shithole. 

A few years ago when all of my sister's kids were attending A&M we decided to go watch a game with all of them.  I had been to a couple of Kyle field games in the 90's including the 1993 game where Texas and a&m were both undefeated in conference play going in to the thanksgiving game (loud but not special)  It was my wife's (no pics) first time to witness all this and she had kept hearing over and over from aggies she knew, customers etc how "epic" and "loud" it all was going to be and "OH! you have to watch the band at halftime! Don't go to the bathroom at halftime."  We met some of her customers at their tailgate, they were all nice enough decent guys to host us.  Listening to her recount her experience, she thought the "that's another fighting texas aggy first down!" after every first down was somehow more annoying than boomer sooner after every first down.  "Sawing 'em off" 6 times a game (against New Mexico State) was gooberish but her biggest laugh is about the band and the cross t or whatever aggies call it (you know, the things that the computer program says is impossible to do or some such lore) She was thoroughly unimpressed and said she has been more entertained by high school marching bands in the past. But that is who they are. They are legends in their own mind and if the world could just experience it, they'd all awestruck by all the awesomeness that is aggieland.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Did they scrap the plans to bowl in the SEZ? I thought at some point that was a thing and I heard the capacity would push to something like 120K. 

I think it was talked about a few years back, prior to them doing the SEZ renovation but it sounds like the current format won out. I suppose you could still technically add an upper deck on that side if you really wanted to. 

Edited by Vertigo

I guess I was never meant to be aggy... 

it would never have even crossed my mind to gauge a game experience by the "coordination of the yells" or even consider the  importance of yelling in unison.  

It's like ranking Madonna higher as a vocalist than Aretha Franklin or Whitney Houston because of her choreography.

image.thumb.png.fe2b950edb3861e63c5ff3329938bddf.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

That aggie tweet about attendance is a perfect example of their absurd insecurities about themselves in comparison to Texas. UT could have sold 150,000 tickets to that fucking Bama game. To attempt that level of desperation in being misleading is flat out sad to witness. The person running that account has either never been laid, or got laughed at the one time it happened for him.

FdB9dGDXEAsXMOT?format=jpg&name=mediumFdB9dk3WYAEMFSH?format=jpg&name=mediumFdB9eAGXEAEfEOK?format=jpg&name=medium

• Haha 2

image.png.77bb1aa0d4f6167342e8db20d086b783.png

Yes, putting bias aside, they don't cheer in the unique way we do, so they're bad.

I wonder if they're adding the astonishing regimentation of their cheering  yelling (more manly) to their obsession with loudness in finding some way to distinguish themselves while their team wallows in mediocrity.

As for the stadium, has anyone ever said that our stadium is ugly? I've never heard such. I think it's rather gorgeous inside and out. I haven't been to Kroger-Kyle Field for direct comparison. I do recall all the Mario Brothers/Donkey Kong photoshops indicating the confusion of lines within the interior design.

Anyway, does anybody else brag about their stadium and the other shit the Aggies brag about? I've never heard anyone do it.

Small peen.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

image.png.e5b285d120d1eb69d35d92372e68fc7a.png

So, this jackass is admitting that the bestest fans in the world don't sell out their stadium? Their sophistry is always lowest rate mainly because they self-immolate without even hearing themselves.

Do they really not realize that all colleges save seats so they can declare big games the biggest crowd ever?

6 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

image.png.c6bfb6a3093c1839d92f901b0400c2c3.png

This part is not getting enough love.  I get that there are not a lot of "college stationites" so many of the cultists travel in from out of town, but is he really insinuating it is difficult to find something to do in Austin on a Saturday?  

Yes, they are idiots

8 minutes ago, MIkeHoncho said:

image.png.c6bfb6a3093c1839d92f901b0400c2c3.png

This part is not getting enough love.  I get that there are not a lot of "college stationites" so many of the cultists travel in from out of town, but is he really insinuating it is difficult to find something to do in Austin on a Saturday?  

Do you have any idea how infrequent the stock sales are in Austin proper?

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t think waving a little white hanky towel makes a stadium loud….

4 hours ago, ricky queso said:

I guess I was never meant to be aggy... 

it would never have even crossed my mind to gauge a game experience by the "coordination of the yells" or even consider the  importance of yelling in unison.  

It's like ranking Madonna higher as a vocalist than Aretha Franklin or Whitney Houston because of her choreography.

image.thumb.png.fe2b950edb3861e63c5ff3329938bddf.png

To be fair, they do practice yelling a lot.  

It's not surprising how large their crowds are given they have 80,000+ students in Bryan (A&M and blinn A&M light). It's quantity or quality in everything but championships.

As UT grads we often joke about would we be able to get in to UT now... our aggy friends are so proud when their kids get accepted to a&m until they find out everyone else who also got in or better when they can't find anyone who applied that wasn't accepted.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

It's cute that they're back to being fully delusional after a one-week bout with reality following the App State debacle.  You knew it wouldn't last . . .

So close to October.  App State was just an early setback.  You'll also notice no more Achane for Heisman blather.

2014ShameWeek7-2.png

• Haha 1

Their Vision 2025 finally made it a permanent diploma mill, once and for all. Those engineering degrees are going to be heavily watered down with something like 10k students in their engineering program on their main campus. 
And since there’s fuckall to do in that town, of course they’re all going to line up like good sheep (pun very much intended) and go to the home games - all 8 per year (also laughable)

I've only been to A&M games in Kyle when they were playing us. I'd have to say that those games were definitely loud, big time college football environments. The swaying and singing has a bit of a soccer feel that is fairly unique. That said, obviously playing against "TU" is the absolute fucking super bowl for A&M, and I wouldn't say that those games were louder than truly big games in DKR. The biggest issue with DKR is that we don't play OU there, and in general nobody gives a fuck about the rest of the big 12. So you typically only get big games with top notch OOC foes like Bama or LSU. The Bama crowd was absolutely insane. It was definitely up there with, and maybe even above all, the all time loudest games I can remember which would include the second half of Okie State in 2004, Missouri in 2008 and WVU in 2012.

• Hook 'Em 3

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread