Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Duane Moore said:

5D9AB0C8-46C8-42AD-AF63-D02CDC1A6573.thumb.jpeg.b78bc6a2d68f6580ba97e3ae4004e431.jpeg

Unlike the Fighting Texas Aggies, who after 10 years without so much as a division title are gamely soldiering on, taking their beatings and conference TV money paychecks like the true stalwarts that they are. 

The Ags did that after 14 years of futility in the Big 12. Now in year 11 in the SEC, I guess they've got 3 years left before they jump.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/19/2022 at 5:17 PM, JesusSweatDuck said:

Half of them are international students as well.  We've hired so many aggys lately (not my fault) but they've all been from India or China.

Yep, I work with a guy who recently graduated from A&M.  He doesn't understand American sports and moved back to India after he got hired on.  I can't even raz him about being an aggy because it wouldn't resonate with him.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, ATXHorn94 said:

Yep, I work with a guy who recently graduated from A&M.  He doesn't understand American sports and moved back to India after he got hired on.  I can't even raz him about being an aggy because it wouldn't resonate with him.

Does aggy being aggy Truely resonate with any aggy???

• Hook 'Em 1

It is going to become impossible to keep politics out of discussing the Aggies. There are Aggies on those threads being fair. They are ignored by the usual parrot chorus whose cultivated ignorance and feelings of agrievement make them dismiss or hate anything tu.

The woke and CRT attacks on Acho as well as the slur come from a different aspect of the Aggie not really in the sports world. Austin and UT are really believed to be evil. Imagine that springing from a football rivalry. There can surely not be anything remotely near this passionate insane jihad anywhere else in college or even pro sports.

Outside of sports, it's all too common.

• Hook 'Em 5

25 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Yuck monkey is used by The Ticket (radio station) in DFW to describe the host that is just there to provide laughs, but useless otherwise.  I've never heard it used outside of listening to the ticket.

Aaah, I googled it and didn't find anything. So this guy decided to call a black commentator a thing that only people that listen to one DFW radio station will understand and could very easily be seen as super racist.

Smart!

Edited by texifornia

57 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Aaah, I googled it and didn't find anything. So this guy decided to call a black commentator a thing that only people that listen to one DFW radio station will understand and could very easily be seen as super racist.

Smart!

aggies aren't really known for their self-awareness about...well, anything...

• Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread