Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I hate to rip the kid because he's got the health issues.  But the kicking ass and taking names stare doesn't work when it's on a skinny kid that's leveled off at 5'-5".   

Was it Jimbo's nephew or some family member that got punched after the LSU game for being a dick?

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Fulmer, at least, won 10  games five times after he won the MNC and even 11 games once.  What's happening in B/CS has the feel of something much worse.

True, perhaps it’s more like if Tennessee gave Fulmer a 10 year guaranteed contract after he won the SEC East in 2004. 

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

I don't think they're mental health issues, so his appearance is fair game. He looks like an insufferable dick.

No doubt.  And he's got the best medical care in the world, or enough $$$ for it anyhow.  Still a soft spot for kids with legit issues.  I think of his fashion as an additional gift to us. 

2 minutes ago, Butch Had Not said:

Was it Jimbo's nephew or some family member that got punched after the LSU game for being a dick?

Yeah, nephew iirc.  It wasn't his kid.   Still surprised that dude didnt fold when he took that one to the jaw. 

• Hook 'Em 1

spacer.png

I wonder if the band will play him out in five years. Nice of them to give this embarrassing tape and the dateless "Natty" trophy to the world watching this magnificent crash.

I think the Aggies insisting that Jimbo's flaw is stubborness generally like that quality in him. It's candy coating the miasmic sink hole that Jimbo is dragging them into. 

spacer.png

Still trusting in Jimbo! Gig 'Em! Next year is natty year! Whoop!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

If I was an aggy, and thank the Good Lord I’m not, I’d be putting all of my emotional wishcasting into Jimbo admitting defeat and turning over the offense to a younger innovative OC who will call plays. Then hope either Weigman or a transfer can run it. Ed Orgeron was able to do it, and 2019 LSU is what I’d be clinging to if I was a fan. Otherwise, they are in for a long stretch of frustration turning to apathy due to that ridiculous contract they gave him. What they should really be worried about is that Jimbo is Mack, Les Miles, or Phillip Fulmer post-national championship. Those guys never climbed back up the mountain. 

Jimbo is more like Chizik post national championship

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

-Addazio and Durkin both being shitty and emblematic of Fisher's history of getting stale and hiring downgrades when coaches leave. I don't know how you downgrade from Dickey, Addazio and Craig in the offseason, but I expect to see Fisher pull it off.

This would be turning over:

• OL Coach after 1 year
  • DC after 1 year
  • dumping Dameyune Craig
  • dumping one of Coley or Dickey to open up the OC title

at this point he has to dump Addazio, and this isn't going to be a situation where they find him a cushy job to fall to. everyone could have told you this was going to be a dumpster fire. jimbo has a history of bad OL coaching hires and the odds of him stumbling into another Josh Henson is basically zero.

Durkin was not a good hire, but moving from him is going to basically 3 schemes in 3 years which is bad. and you are going to follow the same hiring process that identified him as "the guy" in the first place.

if they want to bring in another OC they are going to want to bring in some of their guys, which will require you to move on from some combo of Dickey/Coley to open the OC title. who knows what Tommie Robinson is doing these days. he's like Stan Drayton but a shittier recruiter.

really, the more i look at it this is just a god awful offensive coaching staff, no matter what deck chairs they are in or position group they are coaching.

• Darrell Dickey at OC/TE coach
  • Dameyune Craig at QB coach
  • Steve Addazio at OL coach
  • James Coley at OC/WR coach
  • Tommie Robinson at RB coach

good grief.

pretty much anyone who is a hotshot coming to A&M as OC will want to bring in some of their guys. which makes sense if you are rebooting your offense but will Jimbo jettison "his guys"? how many of them are still under contract and have to be paid out? can he take the ego hit? what change does that have to scheme and how does that impact players currently on campus?

...also keep in mind they have to try and hold on to Elijah Robinson another year - if Matt Ruhle gets hired somewhere he has to pretty much instantly go after Robinson considering they had 3 years together at Temple + 1 at Baylor

so offensively, it can get WORSE?!

Russian Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Hank Chinaski said:

993246F7-5FB6-4F39-90F7-7169ADF154CC.thumb.jpeg.82b6ca0126df44f50d802445f4edb247.jpeg

Harbaugh is a different situation. he got a year extension + got a bump of like 400k / year while reducing the buyout.

Jimbo is different. Jimbo should never renegotiate his fully guaranteed contract. what reason is there for him to ever negotiate down a single dollar? if they don't want him they can fire him, pay him out and jump off a bridge.

27 minutes ago, Noah Fence said:

Jimbo is more like Chizik post national championship

Auburn fired Chizik 2 years after winning the MNC, so I used the other examples because they had a longer, slower decline, similar to what we’re seeing from Jimbo post-2013. 

It brings up another good question - has any coach won his first and second national championships 10 or more years apart? Because that’s what the Aggies are betting on with Jimbo since he sure isn’t winning another one this year.  The further you get out from that first one, the more it looks like an outlier. 

1 minute ago, Duane Moore said:

Auburn fired Chizik 2 years after winning the MNC, so I used the other examples because they had a longer, slower decline, similar to what we’re seeing from Jimbo post-2013. 

It brings up another good question - has any coach won his first and second national championships 10 or more years apart? Because that’s what the Aggies are betting on with Jimbo since he sure isn’t winning another one this year.  The further you get out from that first one, the more it looks like an outlier. 

Orgeron might be an even better comparison.

40 minutes ago, NoName said:

Harbaugh is a different situation. he got a year extension + got a bump of like 400k / year while reducing the buyout.

Jimbo is different. Jimbo should never renegotiate his fully guaranteed contract. what reason is there for him to ever negotiate down a single dollar? if they don't want him they can fire him, pay him out and jump off a bridge.

Harbaugh is an alumni that cares about the university he works for. 

Jimbo is a mercenary that aggie gave a record breaking contract to. Fat chance other than some serious blackmail he's going to renegotiate anything that isnt pointed upwards for himself. 

This is  like comparing apple pie to shit sandwiches 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

This is backward, I believe. Jimbo's nephew blindside punched an LSU analyst and former coach who had Parkinson's and a pacemaker 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Not that many coaches win more than one. I think the outlier is anyone who wins more than two. I think this proves how much depends on the stars aligning after you get everything (coaches, talented players, good schemes, cohesive team) in place.

Mack had that five year period where we were elite all but one year. We won the championship in 2005, had the best team in America in 2008, and played in the championship game in 2009. We quite possibly shouild have pulled down 3 championships, but variables other than the list above in parentheses thwarted us.

The Aggies think that the formula is simple. Stack up good recruiting classes and hire someone who knows how to win a national championship. They talked like Jimbo had special navigating skills and understanding because he'd won one before. How could they miss?

They maybe only have one of coaches, talented players, good schemes, and a cohesive team.  Many of their players are highly regarded high school recruits. Coaches? Mebbe not. Schemes? Probly not. Cohesive team? Doesn't seem like it; I thought they came together against Arkansas but it didn't look that way at MSU.

Herman was right about winning is hard if you apply it to the highest levels of competition. The statement shouid not have been uttered as some philosophical point to the team. The Aggies seem to think that once they get a few elements in place that they will have Alabama shaking in their boots. 

Long post. Sorry. I don't know why their stupidity fascinates me so.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 5

It's like they are reliving our last years with Mack. The only difference is that they have boosters still stupid enough to throw millions at signing HS kids. 

- Oline is complete shit

- QB situation is complete shit

- A collection of players which no where near resembles a team

- Locker room seems to be a mess

- Revolving door of shitty coaches

- Split fanbase

- Obstinate BMDs committed to sticking with the status quo

They are going to wander mediocrity for another however many years he has on his contract and another 10 years after that. Fuck who I am kidding, they've been lost in mediocrity for 79 years.

4 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I hate to rip the kid because he's got the health issues.  But the kicking ass and taking names stare doesn't work when it's on a skinny kid that's leveled off at 5'-5".   

Unless his health issues result in a 77 IQ, I don't think there's anything wrong with ripping on him. His 77 IQ is merely the result of inbreeding, and is attributable to his father.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Ara Parseghian took the longest at seven years.

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread