Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

I have a lot of friends and some family who are Aggies.  They are all smart and successful people. Granted, these are mostly professionals and business owners who live in the nicer parts of Houston proper?

Where do they get the mentally handicapped people who populate Texags and other A&M message boards.  Are Cypress, Katy and Tomball just full of these yokels?

Same. I’m guessing it’s like anything else, age and IQ.  Many of the aggys I know are smart, successful people that could have gone to school anywhere. Their parents raised them in maroon houses and that’s what it was.   Fwiw, most of the ags where I’m at seem to be 2%, but then again, I don’t talk football with them. 

27 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Then stop fucking living in Montgomery County. You lost all ability to feign indignance when the entire board found out you lived like 1 neighborhood over from Karen Key Largo. 

Excuse you sir, I live in Harris County and she moved to Nebraska. I would imagine due to property taxes and/or her doxxing herself and me reporting her as a sexual predator

• Haha 9

46 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Excuse you sir, I live in Harris County and she moved to Nebraska. I would imagine due to property taxes and/or her doxxing herself and me reporting her as a sexual predator

You ate her butt didn't you?

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

I have a lot of friends and some family who are Aggies.  They are all smart and successful people. Granted, these are mostly professionals and business owners who live in the nicer parts of Houston proper?

Where do they get the mentally handicapped people who populate Texags and other A&M message boards.  Are Cypress, Katy and Tomball just full of these yokels?

Same place we find most of the posters on the football board.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

Aggy in August:  Haynes King is gonna tear up the SEC!  Whoop!

Aggy in September:  Haynes is trash.  Max Johnson has experience and is a proven winner who will take us to the Promised Land!  Whoop!

Aggy in October:  Haynes and Max can't cut it and are too injury-prone.  Weigman is elite!  Whoop!

Aggy in November:  Which portal QBs wanna come learn at the knee of the QB Whisperer??

before the '21 season, we were "glamping" in Zion, and the couple in the next tent were aggie.   Nice enough folks, all told.  Of course, I asked who would replace Mond, and he told me all about the can't-miss guy that was coming in, Haynes King, and how he was gonna make the SEC his bitch. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, hook me said:

What in the actual fuck are they talking about? No, seriously. On scoreboards & on TV it's usually "Texas". Sometimes you see a "TEX" or "Longhorns" but it's not very common. On official SEC releases they use the logos of the school & Tennessee has the "T" in prison jumpsuit orange that they use so using "UT" would be perfectly fine, but I'd imagine we'd go with the Longhorn as it's one of the most recognized logos in American sports right after the Cowboy Star & the Yankee "NY". So what are they talking about? Are they trying to police the way message boards refer to us? Was that what the SEC gave them in order to have a unanimous vote to allow us in the SEC? They couldn't keep us out, they can't keep us out of their division, they're not going to get a say on when/where we play them, but sure, go ahead & try to determine the usage of "UT" on the message boards. What would the SEC do without Farva policing the message boards?

Super Troopers Ramrod GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Remember, these are the people who think USC refers to Souf Carolina.

9 hours ago, C-Man said:

Somebody with a log-in there should jump in and let them know the Big 12 is highest-rated conference in the country thus far this season. I would LOVE to see what record aggy would put up against our remaining schedule. Methinks it wouldn't be as stellar as they think.

Kansas, without their qb, would woodshed aggy to the tune of 45-12 or some shit. God they're just comic cartoon stupid. 

6 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

before the '21 season, we were "glamping" in Zion, and the couple in the next tent were aggie.   Nice enough folks, all told.  Of course, I asked who would replace Mond, and he told me all about the can't-miss guy that was coming in, Haynes King, and how he was gonna make the SEC his bitch. 

BreakableLeafyIrishsetter-size_restricte

• Haha 1

These fucksticks were sucking King's dick all through Mond's last year. They were sure he was the next Marino/Manziel/Brady/Aikman/what-the-fuck. Now they are doing the same fucking thing with Weigman. After Weigman sucks, it'll be Joe fucking Shmoe.

Motherfucking idiots. The whole fucking lot of them.

• Hook 'Em 4

14 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love "They're both elite." Getting VY and Reggie McNeal vibes, which most aggies will still insist they were similar level talents. 

I bet if you started a poll thread over there about who was the best cfb QB, McNeal or VY...60% would still say McNeal.  They're idiots. 

There is a very real scenario in which Weigman becomes the white stag in aggie Internet fandom.

-He was highly ranked

-He's not playing for a reason

-If King comes back and somehow stays healthy, there's a shot CW doesn't play much at all this season

-He's allegedly also a star in baseball

-A bad offseason for aggieland with transfers and the like plus a strong baseball season for Weigman is a real possibility

Folks who would know believe there is an element of concern from Fisher about Weigman getting a lot of PT on the baseball team in the spring. If that dude winds up being really good at the collegiate level, heading back to football workouts in order to get the shit kicked out of him might next season might not be very appetizing. 

Were Weigman not to play much this year and then never come back due to baseball, he'd be the new Chip Ambres on steroids. Much in the same way that no one has won more games they didn't play than Texas A&M, no one has had more would-be Heisman winners and HOFers that never played than ATM. This would be another one. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, utee94 said:

It's been mentioned many times around here, but one of their biggest problems, is their cultural insistence on hero worship, which is a manifestation of their cultural insistence on institutional worship.  They cant help but build up every new QB, or every new coach, or their school's overall program, as being the very best.  So when reality disproves them, the resulting cognitive dissonance forces them to make ever-wilder rationalizations and increasingly stupid assertions.

They're culturally incapable of making rational observations that would result in realistic conclusions.

In many ways they are the complete opposite of Texas fans.  On our message boards, the "Fire Coach ______" threads begin even before we hire the guy.  Which is perhaps not the healthiest approach either, but I'd rather be free-thinking and pessimistic, than a blind moron like the ags.

Us: I can't believe we hired Sark

Them: I can't believe we hired Fran

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, utee94 said:

It's been mentioned many times around here, but one of their biggest problems, is their cultural insistence on hero worship, which is a manifestation of their cultural insistence on institutional worship.  They cant help but build up every new QB, or every new coach, or their school's overall program, as being the very best.  So when reality disproves them, the resulting cognitive dissonance forces them to make ever-wilder rationalizations and increasingly stupid assertions.

They're culturally incapable of making rational observations that would result in realistic conclusions.

In many ways they are the complete opposite of Texas fans.  On our message boards, the "Fire Coach ______" threads begin even before we hire the guy.  Which is perhaps not the healthiest approach either, but I'd rather be free-thinking and pessimistic, than a blind moron like the ags.

Yeah when you start from the position of “our program, coaches, and players are the best and that’s a fact,” and they don’t perform, you have to go to nefarious outside forces because looking inward is impossible. 

• Hook 'Em 4

15 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

-1_orig_1470697678104753.jpg.bf445ec74ebf5b6a4a3d430a0906ed14.jpg

None of this happened.

3 minutes ago, Da Fino said:

That poster has an ag tag. It must be incredibly easy to graduate from that place. 

While they're terrible at spelling, grammar, and critical thinking, they do seem to have creative writing down.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

3 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I bet if you started a poll thread over there about who was the best cfb QB, McNeal or VY...60% would still say McNeal.  They're idiots. 

I have it on good authority that a plurality of Big 12 assistant coaches are secretly discussing among themselves, in anonymity, that Derrick Farmer Weigmann is really a better prospect than Cedric Benson Ewers. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, Alphie Solomons. said:

I have it on good authority that a plurality of Big 12 assistant coaches are secretly discussing among themselves, in anonymity, that Derrick Farmer Weigmann is really a better prospect than Cedric Benson Ewers. 

And re-affirming that the 2001 Houston Madison football team was in fact carried by tailback Courtney Lewis and not its qb. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, closetojumping said:

There is a very real scenario in which Weigman becomes the white stag in aggie Internet fandom.

-He was highly ranked

-He's not playing for a reason

-If King comes back and somehow stays healthy, there's a shot CW doesn't play much at all this season

-He's allegedly also a star in baseball

-A bad offseason for aggieland with transfers and the like plus a strong baseball season for Weigman is a real possibility

Folks who would know believe there is an element of concern from Fisher about Weigman getting a lot of PT on the baseball team in the spring. If that dude winds up being really good at the collegiate level, heading back to football workouts in order to get the shit kicked out of him might next season might not be very appetizing. 

Were Weigman not to play much this year and then never come back due to baseball, he'd be the new Chip Ambres on steroids. Much in the same way that no one has won more games they didn't play than Texas A&M, no one has had more would-be Heisman winners and HOFers that never played than ATM. This would be another one. 

Jimbo won’t ever let him play baseball if he didn’t let him play last year before a football season that was always going to be a rs year. 

“There’s no bigger Aggie football fan than I am. There’s no bigger Conner Weigman football fan than me, other than maybe Coach Fisher. He’s welcome to be here but not until he’s ready and not until Coach Fisher is comfortable with that. Coach Fisher has at least said to me, ‘Whatever he wants to do, I’m supportive.’”

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread