Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

4 hours ago, irishtexan said:

The contract is fully-guaranteed, and I believe they would need to pay the full amount within like 6 months of being fired. There's literally no reason for him to negotiate a buyout. He has all the leverage. 

This.... I mean he could just do the barest of min (which he is), lose every game (which he could) and collect that money. I assume 'for cause' doesn't include sucking at  your job. The more I think about it... what would I care about any future employment options. There is 90M sitting on the table to collect. He could ride this out and return to WV and cook moonshine for the next 5 generations plus. I would come to work, watch tape (I guess), go to practice, go to games, etc. and just sleep walk my way thru the next X  years.. easy money. 

1 hour ago, TexasBeta said:

This.... I mean he could just do the barest of min (which he is), lose every game (which he could) and collect that money. I assume 'for cause' doesn't include sucking at  your job. The more I think about it... what would I care about any future employment options. There is 90M sitting on the table to collect. He could ride this out and return to WV and cook moonshine for the next 5 generations plus. I would come to work, watch tape (I guess), go to practice, go to games, etc. and just sleep walk my way thru the next X  years.. easy money. 

playnow.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is serious discussion going on around playing the victim card and being shocked to discover that Jimbo was cheating the whole time. Apparently there are a few issues. 

1) Smoking guns - Fisher isn't an idiot. There is a fear that Fisher would go tit for tat.

2) Roster impact - they'd likely need players and families to attest to the cheating, which would go over like a lead balloon. Dropping a cheating bombshell that then gets aired in public means players head for any safe harbor they can find.

3) Coaching future - they'd have to moneywhip the next guy in even bigger ways than the current situation, which is a market they helped set. If they don't do that, they'd have to take a chance on an up and comer and there isn't a ton of interest in that.

No coach worth a shit is going to want to go to ATM if they find a way to fuck the current coach out of a fully guaranteed contract. They're either going to have to pay $15million/year to someone or grab a very young position coach or find a FCS guy with ambition. A guy like Traylor couldn't even be moneywhipped for that place given what things would look like if they really do try to weasel out of paying Fisher.

Aggies impaled themselves on a fish(er) spear.

spacer.png

Neither easy nor painless to extract.

Bet they feel real smart shoving it further into themselves after the fool's gold Covid Season.

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

There is serious discussion going on around playing the victim card and being shocked to discover that Jimbo was cheating the whole time. Apparently there are a few issues. 

1) Smoking guns - Fisher isn't an idiot. There is a fear that Fisher would go tit for tat.

2) Roster impact - they'd likely need players and families to attest to the cheating, which would go over like a lead balloon. Dropping a cheating bombshell that then gets aired in public means players head for any safe harbor they can find.

3) Coaching future - they'd have to moneywhip the next guy in even bigger ways than the current situation, which is a market they helped set. If they don't do that, they'd have to take a chance on an up and comer and there isn't a ton of interest in that.

No coach worth a shit is going to want to go to ATM if they find a way to fuck the current coach out of a fully guaranteed contract. They're either going to have to pay $15million/year to someone or grab a very young position coach or find a FCS guy with ambition. A guy like Traylor couldn't even be moneywhipped for that place given what things would look like if they really do try to weasel out of paying Fisher.

there shouldn't be a fear of that. if you screw the guy out of $80m he is going to burn you to the ground on the way out with staff, coaches, media, players...with

everyone GIF

also if they say he was cheating they are going to have to take a ding from the NCAA around eligibility and/or scholarships. they will have to vacate wins (lol.) and it will get spread out all over the place, and in the media for the length of the trial. it taints their name forever - even if they can pint it exclusively on jimbo, which they can't. they will have to name boosters, which hurts them. they will have to specifically name players across the board, which hurts them.

they are married together for a long time. aiming to get out of it by firing him with cause results in only bad things for them a program for a long time. surely even they can see that.

• Hook 'Em 1

I wonder if Jimbo could just go scorched earth on them. He's a vindictive hillbilly. I could see them pulling some BS 'for cause' reason and Jimbo just dumping everything he knows about their dirt. That would be 1,000 times more enjoyable than the slow bleed of weekly game misfortune.. 

Shoot @closetojumping beat me to it. 

Edited by TexasBeta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

25 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

I wonder if Jimbo could just go scorched earth on them. He's a vindictive hillbilly. I could see them pulling some BS 'for cause' reason and Jimbo just dumping everything he knows about their dirt. That would be 1,000 times more enjoyable than the slow bleed of weekly game misfortune.. 

Shoot @closetojumping beat me to it. 

Let us recall how things played out in Tallahassee. Jimbo won a championship with Jameis Winston, but lots of corners were cut, issues were covered up, and people looked the other way in the interest of winning games at any cost. All the while, aspects of the team were degrading over time, particularly their OL. Jimbo and the athletic department began having a very strained relationship, with Jimbo publicly calling the AD out for not building the facilities he wanted. He used that as his stick against them for his last few seasons, while things on the field were falling apart. In the end, Jimbo needed a way out because his time in Tallahassee was coming to a close whether he wanted it to or not.

Enter stupid farmers from the Ag school of Texas. A 5 win coach about to be fired was just the prize they were willing to sell out for, and they would overpay dramatically just to be able to brag about "Got Jimbo!" Here we are, with a hillbilly midget who is less successful than Tan Fran, who they fired. Jimbo doesn't even have to find a landing spot because the morons overpaid him by so much and then guaranteed it!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Aggies impaled themselves on a fish(er) spear.

spacer.png

Neither easy nor painless to extract.

Bet they feel real smart shoving it further into themselves after the fool's gold Covid Season.

Sir, that is a feline phallus..makes perfect sense why they would be impaled by such an implement.

9 hours ago, Chopper said:

Am I The Asshole for wondering if there's something about Max Wright that really, really stands out to aggy, as opposed to guys who are apparently too individualistic like Achane, Stewart or Muhammad?

Alleged sexual assault? 

Also, come on guys.  If there’s anyone that can afford it, it’s the ags. I’ve been repeatedly told over the last 10 years or so that they have more money than UT and most of the ivies combined. I’m talking wiping you ass with 100’s just because money.  90m plus another 45 for the new guy isn’t a thing.  

Im thinking I need to pick me up one of those Don’t care, got Jimbo shirts up pretty quick.    The “don’t care, got Art” ones aren’t going to piss off my aggy buddies nearly enough. 

4 hours ago, Sejjr said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the “smokin’ blunts in the locker room” story is complete horse shit. The story that these players were talking shit about “The Program” and trying to recruit some other players to jump off the S.S. Jimbo is far more plausible. History has shown that Jimbo won’t suspend players who literally rape and pillage. You think he’d suspend indefinitely for a little weed in the Holy Room of Lockers? 

Agreed. And Marshall and Harris have been walking around the locking room saying “don’t care, got paid”. And it lead to some fights with a couple of Juniors. So the idea that Billy wants to put it out that it is the Freshman being concerned with wining and older guys needing to leave is funny. Billy vetted this kids and got the deals done. He is the one that will look bad with a lot of the alumni. He is making shit up to save his ass. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Yesh said:

I enjoyed the part about how these kids are entitled because they have been given lots of money and told they are great before they accomplished anything...with absolutely no self-awareness about how they treated Jimbo.

Sitting. Natty. Corch.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Sejjr said:

I’m gonna go out on a limb and say the “smokin’ blunts in the locker room” story is complete horse shit. The story that these players were talking shit about “The Program” and trying to recruit some other players to jump off the S.S. Jimbo is far more plausible. History has shown that Jimbo won’t suspend players who literally rape and pillage. You think he’d suspend indefinitely for a little weed in the Holy Room of Lockers? 

Why not both? I'm guessing these guys sitting around smoking a weed vape will saying fuck Ritz Bitz, lets go to __________.

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread