Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

11 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Well, the guy is right to call bullshit. The "flu" here is a bunch of guys quitting on the team. Some overtly, some less so.

Funny that you say that. Was just having a discussion with my partner about if we should bet aggy (I said yes) this week and we were talking about how weird it was that they were able to circle the wagons and not open up a can of Quit and continue to play hard. I’m gruntled that this might not be the case any longer. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

Shifting gears, I love how they don’t mind claiming success by association with Texas if it allows them to distract others from their 8+ decades of absolute futility. Keep in mind, they haven’t sniffed a national championship game (in any major sport) since their last one. Note also the idiot quoted below that post offering a conspiracy as to why Texas was #24 in the cfb playoff rankings.

9FA5B7D0-23D8-4C83-ABBB-7B4665D96233.thumb.jpeg.e42b0772ec37fe69f8e5aeea5c14f202.jpeg

In the past two decades, Texas has won one national championship and played for another in football, made a final four in basketball, and won two national championships + finished runner-up twice in baseball. Those are seven things that the aggies have not done in a literal lifetime, but here they are saying “oh heavens, Texas AND a&m have only won one championship in fifty years (forget those THREE in the decade prior)..they are just as incompetent as we are despite the vast resources.” I know, no ag tag, but that guy is definitely not a troll.

A sampling of schools who have achieved more (played for or won a NC) in the last 30 years than the aggies have in the last 80—Rice, Texas Tech, Baylor, Virginia Tech, UVA, Maryland, Syracuse, Ga Tech, South Carolina, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Oregon State, Utah, Fresno State, Pepperdine, Gonzaga, Butler, Wichita State, Coastal Carolina. To quote a man who has a futility streak somewhat similar to the school he was once associated with, they really are “ass, my dude.”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

so jumbo knows now that he sent CW back into a game with a concussion.  Can't sit him this week and tell anyone he is in the protocol, so decides to come up with the flu thing.  Others on the team who are far less "bought in"  pick up on it and use it to their benefit - this way they can stop playing, but their portal destinations don't have any concern about them being quitters.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

What about this are they not picking up on? The kid is in concussion protocol and can’t play because the decision was taken out of Jimbo’s stubby hands after Saturday night. 

Wouldn’t there be some sort of reckoning required if he is in concussion after the hit but was allowed to finish the game?  Reprimand to medical staff and/or coaching staff?

also, is weigman capable of making the decision to transfer to Alabama on his own?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Wouldn’t there be some sort of reckoning required if he is in concussion after the hit but was allowed to finish the game?  Reprimand to medical staff and/or coaching staff?

also, is weigman capable of making the decision to transfer to Alabama on his own?

From what I saw, the trainer had no say. Jimbo called the kid away and sent him back in. 

37 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

From what I saw, the trainer had no say. Jimbo called the kid away and sent him back in. 

Ritzbitz pleads ignorance: Lou didn't tell me. Lou can either stfu, quit or get fired.

Oh but Jimbo you said Lou gave you the sign that CW was okay. Sure, he'll say, that's what I thought he said.

Clearly Lou should have intervened with Jimbo and insisted on checking for a concussion. But that's expecting a lot considering he's dependent on Ritz Bitz for his job. However once it all shakes out Lou probably loses his job or gets transferred to the women's golf team.

38 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

And to make matters even worse, he played a dude with his marbles scrambled and still lost.  What was the point?  He showed everybody where his priorities were.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Weigman’s dad was in CS this week meeting with Ritz Bit and it wasn’t to exchange pleasantries. I don’t give one fuck how many Bridgeland games someone has seen, that data point comes from someone else that would know with absolute certainty. I doubt Weigman plays this weekend, but one thing ol’Jimbo is making clear is that 18-23 year old men should be able to make their own decisions. 

Sir, the Weigmans are notoriously tight lipped*

*Other than with respect to yokel high school football fans

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Ritzbitz pleads ignorance: Lou didn't tell me. Lou can either stfu, quit or get fired.

Oh but Jimbo you said Lou gave you the sign that CW was okay. Sure, he'll say, that's what I thought he said.

Clearly Lou should have intervened with Jimbo and insisted on checking for a concussion. But that's expecting a lot considering he's dependent on Ritz Bitz for his job. However once it all shakes out Lou probably loses his job or gets transferred to the women's golf team.

Weigman should have been taken into the injury tent and properly evaluated. That didn’t happen. I think Lou was trying to do the right thing, but Jimbo just called Weigman over and that was it.

That sort of thing happened some when the UIL protocol started, but coaches got their wings clipped pretty quickly. This is a liability issue and a health issue, not a football issue. Jimbo is learning that right now, I can assure you. Of course, this could be aggys way out of that contract, too. 

• Hook 'Em 3

23 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Sam looked to have needed to sit one game that I don’t recall, but they claimed it was a shoulder injury I think and cleared him.  How can you tell when the system is being gamed?

You count on med and coaching staff with integrity. Med staff should always win out. This isn’t an ankle injury.

Now Sam? I remember when that happened, but don’t remember the specifics. I wouldn’t put it past Herman to make Sam go back out,  but I don’t believe our med staff would go along with that at all. 

51 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Weigman should have been taken into the injury tent and properly evaluated. That didn’t happen. I think Lou was trying to do the right thing, but Jimbo just called Weigman over and that was it.

That sort of thing happened some when the UIL protocol started, but coaches got their wings clipped pretty quickly. This is a liability issue and a health issue, not a football issue. Jimbo is learning that right now, I can assure you. Of course, this could be aggys way out of that contract, too. 

The true nightmare scenario. I do NOT want aggy getting a golden parachute.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The true nightmare scenario. I do NOT want aggy getting a golden parachute.

Agreed. But Jimbo may just be dumb enough. That’s why being at war with the Athletic Department (like at FSU) is stupid. This could move him into that territory. Lou could be the deal breaker. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread