Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Weigman should have been taken into the injury tent and properly evaluated. That didn’t happen. I think Lou was trying to do the right thing, but Jimbo just called Weigman over and that was it.

That sort of thing happened some when the UIL protocol started, but coaches got their wings clipped pretty quickly. This is a liability issue and a health issue, not a football issue. Jimbo is learning that right now, I can assure you. Of course, this could be aggys way out of that contract, too. 

I don't disagree at all. I was alluding to the apparent fact that the trainer is hired at the discretion of the head coach and faces his wrath for any actions.

If Lou had yelled "NO" when RitzBitz told Weigman to get in the game, Lou would have likely, ultimately, lost his job as retribution.

But Lou didn't interfere with Jimbo's plans, so Lou now has a choice of backing up Jimbo's lies, or not. Either choice will cause a different domino to fall.

Of course, Lou should have made sure Weigman got properly evaluated. But neither should he have to put his job at risk by not bowing down to his employer's improper demands. Both ritzbitz and Lou fucked up.

Edited by Chopper

8 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Isn't all this the perfect scenario for Jimbo to use as an excuse for a loss (missing their QB and many other players) or if they win its because he did such a great job of coaching the backups up to beat the former National Champion Florida Gators!

Would anyone but gomer homers believe this ? no 

Does it matter for anyone else ? also no 

win / win 

So how much of the “flu” is a player revolt once they found out there was no QB on the roster?

My guess is that several of the guys waiting to shutdown for the new NFL, a la making the business decision, was waiting on loss #7 and now see the writing on the wall and said fuck it. 

Combine that with general apathy and many just don’t like being in CS and it is real easy to see this being an easy way to show solidarity for your teammates by using Weigman as the catalyst.

10 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Isn't all this the perfect scenario for Jimbo to use as an excuse for a loss (missing their QB and many other players) or if they win its because he did such a great job of coaching the backups up to beat the former National Champion Florida Gators!

He's just making sure key players are rested and ready for UMass. They can't let that win slip away. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Viper said:

wasn't he moved to TE something like a week or two into practice when they didn't have a lot of QB depth?

that was spring practice, he came in as a QB then they moved him to TE.

i think he played all last season as TE - then moved him back to QB this fall?

3 minutes ago, Viper said:

wasn't he moved to TE something like a week or two into practice when they didn't have a lot of QB depth?

"Well now he is an expert on the TE routes and knows exactly where to throw the ball ya stupid sip.  Jimbo is a QB whisperer don't ya know.  Kinda like that Chinaman teaching Daniel Larusso how to do karate.  Outside the box thinking right there." - All Aggies

• Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

You count on med and coaching staff with integrity. Med staff should always win out. This isn’t an ankle injury.

Now Sam? I remember when that happened, but don’t remember the specifics. I wouldn’t put it past Herman to make Sam go back out,  but I don’t believe our med staff would go along with that at all. 

Well, and players want to play. Part of football is a display of toughness, and Sam was/is a tough SOB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

3B285CEB-3FF7-4BF1-BA67-91713C905D8A.jpeg

When I referenced the tete a tete on Tuesday, part of what was happening ahead of it is that Fisher had indicated to Weigman and the team that Weigman would be ready to play on Saturday and the game plan was being put together around that "fact". Supposedly the guy is still really struggling. Enter dad. I'd do the same fucking thing as a father. Fucking Ritz Bit is a dinosaur.

24 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

You gin up some really pussified scenarios to worry over in regard to the aggies. If memory serves, you were going overboard in your handwringing before the Ole Miss game as well.

There is no media buy-in right now regarding Fisher and that program. The only people who would be giving a shit about either scenario would be aggies. I heard one of the talking heads on XM84 talking about what a cocky dickhead Fisher was to them at the SEC Media Days and you could feel the visceral disgust the guy had for him.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

When I referenced the tete a tete on Tuesday, part of what was happening ahead of it is that Fisher had indicated to Weigman and the team that Weigman would be ready to play on Saturday and the game plan was being put together around that "fact". Supposedly the guy is still really struggling. Enter dad. I'd do the same fucking thing as a father. Fucking Ritz Bit is a dinosaur.

You gin up some really pussified scenarios to worry over in regard to the aggies. If memory serves, you were going overboard in your handwringing before the Ole Miss game as well.

There is no media buy-in right now regarding Fisher and that program. The only people who would be giving a shit about either scenario would be aggies. I heard one of the talking heads on XM84 talking about what a cocky dickhead Fisher was to them at the SEC Media Days and you could feel the visceral disgust the guy had for him.

Yeah, there’s no way Jimbo can spin losing to UF and ultimately missing a bowl in Year 5. At that point they either outspend everyone else massively (probably not even possible) or the wheels really start to fall off the bus and the roster implodes a la Jimbo’s last year at FSU. 

The real question to me is whether A&M is dumb enough to fire Jimbo by the end of next year. There’s no way Jimbo goes quietly when he’s owed north of $70 million, but aggy is probably dumb and desperate enough to do it anyways. 

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I lean towards Beantown on this one because I think there is something more important for him to cover-up: the locker room situation.

There are Aggies on the boards still making excuses including that they're so very, tenderly young and have so many tear-inducing injuries. Oh my! These aren't the Aggies CTJ talks to, but they're still important to the conversation. If the better players on the team are getting Maroon Flu and checking out and the 2022 class are also beginning to get the sniffles, Jimbo needs to keep a can on that.

They can't force him out, but he would likely prefer to keep some of the fans behind him. Even a dick like Fisher likely doesn't want to go to an office where everybody hates his guts. He'd have to pay KarenKeyLargo to move to CS and have coffee with him in his office just to have a friend.

If he can't recruit, can't win, and can't leave his house without open scorn, he may take a generous buyout instead of sticking. "Okay, I'll leave for $40MM in my pocket by the end of the week. Now get the fuck out of my office."

Stack that on the 40 or so million they've already paid him and you're talking about some serious money. In fact, it would equal the value of his orignal contract. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Yeah, there’s no way Jimbo can spin losing to UF and ultimately missing a bowl in Year 5. At that point they either outspend everyone else massively (probably not even possible) or the wheels really start to fall off the bus and the roster implodes a la Jimbo’s last year at FSU. 

The real question to me is whether A&M is dumb enough to fire Jimbo by the end of next year. There’s no way Jimbo goes quietly when he’s owed north of $70 million, but aggy is probably dumb and desperate enough to do it anyways. 

I don't think they'll fire him and I don't think they have the money to do so and add the kind of HC that they think they require. I think he somehow gets to 6-6, blames injuries, they do whatever they can to hold on to Hicks and Hill, buy Owens, finish with a smaller class that is in the top 20, and land a big name or two in the portal. That would be enough for Fisher to spin his way into the future, and that's enough for aggies at every level to see and hear to convince themselves yet again that next year is the year.

The cult thinking goes all the way to the top, as we know, and admitting colossal mistakes that the entire population of aggies celebrated and bragged about will be something that happens only as some sort of last resort. That will only happen when they absolutely have enough data to craft a new narrative that they can get behind regarding why Ritz Bit cheated them and is a used car salesman. They'll also need to have another guy on the hook that they have already convinced themselves is the big time hire that will take them to the promised land.

When they do axe him, I think they're going to target another "big time" hire that they have to moneywhip and who has hair all over their veneer as a HC that only aggie and then the media will be all too ready to overlook. I don't see how they get someone like Swinney, when he would just get a comparable raise to whatever the idiots offer him. Same for Heupel. I doubt Fickell is flashy enough. Who knows who will be flashy in a year or two? 

The fun part of this never ends. They'll eventually convince themselves that they need to hire an up and comer and I assume get that one wrong for all of the same wrong reasons as well.  

• Hook 'Em 3

If A&M's depth chart is dual threat Stowers and then walk-on Bost, if they use Stowers most effectively by running him a lot, they're also risking him getting injured and being stuck with only a walk-on QB and presumably another walk-on backup

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't think they'll fire him and I don't think they have the money to do so and add the kind of HC that they think they require. I think he somehow gets to 6-6, blames injuries, they do whatever they can to hold on to Hicks and Hill, buy Owens, finish with a smaller class that is in the top 20, and land a big name or two in the portal. That would be enough for Fisher to spin his way into the future, and that's enough for aggies at every level to see and hear to convince themselves yet again that next year is the year.

The cult thinking goes all the way to the top, as we know, and admitting colossal mistakes that the entire population of aggies celebrated and bragged about will be something that happens only as some sort of last resort. That will only happen when they absolutely have enough data to craft a new narrative that they can get behind regarding why Ritz Bit cheated them and is a used car salesman. They'll also need to have another guy on the hook that they have already convinced themselves is the big time hire that will take them to the promised land.

When they do axe him, I think they're going to target another "big time" hire that they have to moneywhip and who has hair all over their veneer as a HC that only aggie and then the media will be all too ready to overlook. I don't see how they get someone like Swinney, when he would just get a comparable raise to whatever the idiots offer him. Same for Heupel. I doubt Fickell is flashy enough. Who knows who will be flashy in a year or two? 

The fun part of this never ends. They'll eventually convince themselves that they need to hire an up and comer and I assume get that one wrong for all of the same wrong reasons as well.  

I was talking about them firing him for cause so they wouldn’t have to drum up funds for his buyout. I agree it probably won’t happen, but it’s certainly fun to think about and nothing is really out of the realm of possibility with them. 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

If A&M's depth chart is dual threat Stowers and then walk-on Bost, if they use Stowers most effectively by running him a lot, they're also risking him getting injured and being stuck with only a walk-on QB and presumably another walk-on backup

Well that and Jimbo still considers the QB running a failure of his offense. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I lean towards Beantown on this one because I think there is something more important for him to cover-up: the locker room situation.

There are Aggies on the boards still making excuses including that they're so very, tenderly young and have so many tear-inducing injuries. Oh my! These aren't the Aggies CTJ talks to, but they're still important to the conversation. If the better players on the team are getting Maroon Flu and checking out and the 2022 class are also beginning to get the sniffles, Jimbo needs to keep a can on that.

They can't force him out, but he would likely prefer to keep some of the fans behind him. Even a dick like Fisher likely doesn't want to go to an office where everybody hates his guts. He'd have to pay KarenKeyLargo to move to CS and have coffee with him in his office just to have a friend.

If he can't recruit, can't win, and can't leave his house without open scorn, he may take a generous buyout instead of sticking. "Okay, I'll leave for $40MM in my pocket by the end of the week. Now get the fuck out of my office."

Stack that on the 40 or so million they've already paid him and you're talking about some serious money. In fact, it would equal the value of his orignal contract. 

I might not have been clear, but I agree wholeheartedly with Beantown that aggies will say one thing or the other depending upon the outcome, and that Jimbo will help lean into either. I just don't see how that's a "perfect scenario" for anyone but the rest of us. I am all for Fisher and his crew staying at BCS for as long as they possibly can. 

Also, it isn't just everyday aggies that need Jimbo to work out there. The money has had unfettered access to the guy and he's buttered up a bunch of them. He goes on trips with some of them and lets them inside the inner sanctum and shows them his grand plans. He seemed like a fucking genius to these folks as recently as 3 months ago. None of them are interested in having egg on their faces yet. It's a collective alignment that works in the dude's (and ours) favor through the 2023 season, at least.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I was talking about them firing him for cause so they wouldn’t have to drum up funds for his buyout. I agree it probably won’t happen, but it’s certainly fun to think about and nothing is really out of the realm of possibility with them. 

Well that and Jimbo still considers the QB running a failure of his offense. 

Well, you're perfectly correct with the sentiment that nothing is out of the realm of possibility for the aggies. I forget that sometimes and then they shock me back to the truth, usually while I am laughing very hard. 

I know they were talking about cause a while back, but that was for cheating and sounded like a MAD issue that wouldn't help either side. I guess if they tried to use the concussion issue as a cudgel, what keeps him from going scorched earth on the cheating stuff anyway? Wanting another job? If he shows that it was really boosters and not him, and poor Jimbo had no idea until players confided in him once they got on campus, they're going to be playing a dangerous game to respond in kind if they want to land another splash hire. 

I feel like we cannot lose with any direction this goes, and that is a welcomed feeling right now for me, given what I see with regard to the UT program.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Drool 1

56 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I don't think Beantown was being completely serious.  He's having some fun anticipating how some (most) of the ags will rationalize keeping Jimbo around and/or how Jimbo might survive his current predicament, which would only engender even more jokes at aggy expense in the future.   

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I guess if they tried to use the concussion issue as a cudgel, what keeps him from going scorched earth on the cheating stuff anyway? Wanting another job?

This is the key to me. Regardless of why they fire him, he can burn their program to the ground if he wants to and being owed $70+ million is a lot of motivation. 

If they don’t fire him for cause, then when’s the first time they pull afford to fire him and go moneywhip a new coach? 3 or 4 years from now? Can you imagine the state of their roster by then? 

Seems like a win-win for us. 

As far as I can tell with some quick googling, the largest buyout ever paid to fire a coach was 21.5MM to Gus Malzahn. I assume A&M will be willing to at least triple that (because of course they will), but they'll still have to wait until after the 2024 season when Jimbo's remaining salary drops to 67.5MM.

Edited by Bodacious Bevo

46 minutes ago, Fud said:

This is Jimbo's best scenario. He would then get to blame the entire season on QB injuries and get a pass by the fanbase because in Jimbo they trust.

They'll sell the promise of youth going into the dude's 6th fucking year. That's their sell now in trying to keep the class together and flip some dudes. That plus $$$ will convince some to stay and other idiot recruits to board the Titanic.

They'll continue to hold their Champions of Mediocrity title which they've held for 70+ years.

9 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

As far as I can tell with some quick googling, the largest buyout ever paid to fire a coach was 21.5MM to Gus Malzahn. I assume A&M will be willing to at least triple that (because of course they will), but they'll still have to wait until after the 2024 season when Jimbo's remaining salary drops to 67.5MM.

They would spin it as “Look how rich we are!”

If Jimbo is fired this is payout structure(I'm only going next 3 years)

Due within 60 days:

2022:  $21,487,500

2023: $19,200,00

2024: $16,887,500

120 Days after the payment amount due within 60 days starts the recurring payments start.

Recurring Payment Amount:

2022: $7,162,500

2023: $7,200,00

2024: $7,237,500

So within the first 6 months he's due 25% of his buyout plus the recurring payment through 2031.

Total Due Within 6 months:

2022: $28,650,000

2023: $26,400,000

2024: $24,125,000

Add in you'll have 10-15 million in buyouts for assistants regardless of year and it's very very pricey plus the cost of bringing in an entire new staff.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Due within 60 days:

120 Days after the payment amount due within 60 days starts the recurring payments start.

So within the first 6 months he's due 25% of his buyout plus the recurring payment through 2031.

Add in you'll have 10-15 million in buyouts for assistants regardless of year and it's very very pricey plus the cost of bringing in an entire new staff.

Plus the cost of paying the current players to stay and pay new recruits to come there. 

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Due within 60 days:

Say It Again Paul Rudd GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread