Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

1 hour ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Dude lives in Jackson Mississippi right now.  You know the town where he had to make sure his team had clean drinking water? BCS is an upgrade from that disaster area 

The entire state of MS is arguably a disaster area. But Deion lives on an estate property in Canton, a half hour drive from JSU.

Spoiler

Jackson is a city with 150k population, 87% of whom are Black, and it's state tradition to fuck it over as hard as possible, similarly to how the state ledge tries to fuck over Austin. Only in Jackson the state has an easier target that's far less effective in defending itself.

• Hook 'Em 3

Dude lives in Jackson Mississippi right now.  You know the town where he had to make sure his team had clean drinking water? BCS is an upgrade from that disaster area 
Deion could live in Mogadishu and it would still be a mansion with triple filtered water. Having said that, I can't picture him in aggy gear much less coaching aggy

Someone mentioned earlier that allegedly, to keep weigman is around 700k. They have to pay it unless he really just wants out which is understandable. They don’t have anyone else. I guess max Johnson but they don’t even have a qb for this class so they will be desperate.

Shame they didn't get Arch in for the pool party. They'd be set.

Their QB situation will be an interesting study in the new free-agency world of college football. If Weigman leaves, the portal QBs hold enormous leverage. Even if Weigman stays, a QB recruit or portal QB would be in a strong position to bargain.

Maybe the pool party should be moved to right before ESD. 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Someone mentioned earlier that allegedly, to keep weigman is around 700k. They have to pay it unless he really just wants out which is understandable. They don’t have anyone else. I guess max Johnson but they don’t even have a qb for this class so they will be desperate.

Weigman’s folks are Texas Exes, right? I’d never let my kid go to aggy, but a full scholarship and paying off the house/cars walks. 

His parents should triple that number and see what aggy does.
  • Hook 'Em 2

I did my best. The Aggies are largely demoralized now. Only a few still hold out for Aggie greatness. 

When they were bad back in the Big 12, they actually had some amusing gallows humor posts.  I like laughing at them like everybody else, but it must suck bad to be an Aggie fan (not redass fuckwad) now. All that build up and then this. We couldn't have scripted it better.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

I did my best. The Aggies are largely demoralized now. Only a few still hold out for Aggie greatness. 

When they were bad back in the Big 12, they actually had some amusing gallows humor posts.  I like laughing at them like everybody else, but it must suck bad to be an Aggie fan (not redass fuckwad) now. All that build up and then this. We couldn't have scripted it better.

Yeah, at this point all but the true red ass fans have accepted reality that a) they suck, b) Jimbo sucks, and c) they probably can't do much about it. But don't worry, when they get a solid moral victory against LSU the delusion will be back!

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread