Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Greenspoint gonna have a stroke of this happens.76e295c32283258110e28e8b8a28e9ad.jpg

Holy shit. One post there brings to light a whole wealth of comedy from aggy that is yet to be fully realized. How many gomer cubs were named Jimbo in the glory days of his reign there?

How many parents are having their kids names legally changed at age 2? Does cps get involved if they don’t?
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, deft said:

Holy shit. One post there brings to light a whole wealth of comedy from aggy that is yet to be fully realized. How many gomer cubs were named Jimbo in the glory days of his reign there?

How many parents are having their kids names legally changed at age 2? Does cps get involved if they don’t?

Glory days?!? 

Good lord you are a kind and generous man deserving of sainthood.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Enchubben said:

People may think she's an outlier when watching this, but they don't realize that anyone who has ever known an aggy has had this same argument with them, with exactly the same Walter Sobchak "calmer than you are, dude" tone to their defensiveness.

She really put together a nice case study in arguing with aggy's overconfident wrongness here.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

where in the fuck does that stupid bimbo get that aggy has more money than UT.  She ever heard of the PUF split?

Because people on txaggy repeat it constantly.  And they don’t understand financial reporting. And they are dumb.   Add it up, throw some tits on it, and you get Kayce. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Went to the Dixie Chicken cause one of my red ass aggy buddies had his fucking rehearsal dinner there (Shit you not). I thought to myself, this will be fucking awful just drinking in a sea of "whoops" but I bet the food will be great, everyone raves about it and I def wanted to get some fucking baller fried chicken. Go to order (Yes, you have to walk up to a window at this rehearsal dinner) the only chicken at all on the menu was chicken strips...no fried chicken, no chicken fried steak, no wings, just some tyson frozen chicken tenders. Had a below average burger and fries that had kraft cheese slices melted on them. I would rather visit a leper colony than go back there

I love this clip, the way she backs herself into the Oklahoma, oklahoma state reference is just classic

I love that part.  It just sums up aggy completely.  Totally delusional and talking out of their ass.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, RGBIII said:

Went to the Dixie Chicken cause one of my red ass aggy buddies had his fucking rehearsal dinner there (Shit you not). I thought to myself, this will be fucking awful just drinking in a sea of "whoops" but I bet the food will be great, everyone raves about it and I def wanted to get some fucking baller fried chicken. Go to order (Yes, you have to walk up to a window at this rehearsal dinner) the only chicken at all on the menu was chicken strips...no fried chicken, no chicken fried steak, no wings, just some tyson frozen chicken tenders. Had a below average burger and fries that had kraft cheese slices melted on them. I would rather visit a leper colony than go back there

I love this clip, the way she backs herself into the Oklahoma, oklahoma state reference is just classic

Did you have to pay for it yourself?

6 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

where in the fuck does that stupid bimbo get that aggy has more money than UT.  She ever heard of the PUF split?

As stated earlier, it's something all aggys repeat. From what I can tell, this idea came about because they had a 9-year capital campaign that ended in 2021, raising over $4 billion. And in their minds this means "WeZ gOtZ MoR MoNeyZ tHaN tU! wHoOp!"

Never mind the facts:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/221147/the-20-richest-colleges-in-the-us/

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Born Burnt said:

As stated earlier, it's something all aggys repeat. From what I can tell, this idea came about because they had a 9-year capital campaign that ended in 2021, raising over $4 billion. And in their minds this means "WeZ gOtZ MoR MoNeyZ tHaN tU! wHoOp!"

Never mind the facts:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/221147/the-20-richest-colleges-in-the-us/

I can't believe they have more than Michigan.  Huh.    Anyhow, I've seen it where they count the PUF in a particular fashion that UT doesn't, and it boogers up the numbers as well.  RD used to have some pretty in depth breakdowns of their balance sheet tricks.  

2 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

I can't believe they have more than Michigan.  Huh.    Anyhow, I've seen it where they count the PUF in a particular fashion that UT doesn't, and it boogers up the numbers as well.  RD used to have some pretty in depth breakdowns of their balance sheet tricks.  

Didn't they count issuing debt for the stadium renovations as athletic revenue? Peak redneck accounting 

Dumbass ags who bitch about the refs favoring Texas obviously didn't watch the Okie Lite game.

BTW, is it wrong that part of me kinda hopes aggy beats LSU simply to take the heat off Jimbo, ensure that he won't get run off because of some trumped-up "for cause" reason, and enhance the chances that he'll stay at aggy for many years to come?  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Dumbass ags who bitch about the refs favoring Texas obviously didn't watch the Okie Lite game.

BTW, is it wrong that part of me kinda hopes aggy beats LSU simply to take the heat off Jimbo, ensure that he won't get run off because of some trumped-up "for cause" reason, and enhance the chances that he'll stay at aggy for many years to come?  

He’s staying until they can afford to lose him, which they currently cannot. 

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

LSU would be a really nice win for aggy. It would be literally their only selling point, and much better than any of our wins. We'd have to recruit against that, and it might keep a couple guys we need out of the portal. 

So no, don't root for aggy. Ever. 

You worry too much. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 hours ago, fattyflattie said:

He’s staying until they can afford to lose him, which they currently cannot. 

I think they are at the point where an internal investigation will find that one of their outbound players took illegal benefits.  They'll take the infractions hit in order to get out of that contract.

6 minutes ago, JBJ said:

I think they are at the point where an internal investigation will find that one of their outbound players took illegal benefits.  They'll take the infractions hit in order to get out of that contract.

It would be pretty dumb for them to turn their own players in. I’m sure that even if they only turned in players who were leaving, current players from the same class who stay would be getting looked at too.  

Also who’s gonna trust them giving bags in the future knowing that they might turn you in and fuck your eligibility out of spite/convenience?

It would be so shortsighted and stupid. So I guess I’m saying there’s at least a 50/50 chance they do it, maybe more. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, JBJ said:

And no coach worth a shit will ever go to a school when it’s shown they openly will conspire to get out of any contract the coach isn’t meeting expectations. They’d cut their own throat forever with coaching hires. So, yeah, that is totally Aggy and call it a coin toss.

Now do the same paradigm for recruits and recruiting. We should all be cheering for this. But it won’t happen. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
Damn, Jebus beat me to it point by point
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

And no coach worth a shit will ever go to a school when it’s shown they openly will conspire to get out of any contract the coach isn’t meeting expectations. They’d cut their own throat forever with coaching hires. So, yeah, that is totally Aggy and call it a coin toss.

Now do the same paradigm for recruits and recruiting. We should all be cheering for this. But it won’t happen. 

Yeah I tried to edit my post to include the whole coaching hire aspect too, but it said I was too late. 

They would never even sniff another jimmy sexton client, and good luck getting ANYONE with options to trust you after pulling some shit like that.  The best they’d be able to do is hugh freeze, art briles types.  Which the famous Aggie code would surely prevent them from hiring, right? 

Tennessee named 12 players in their internal investigation and Huepel seems like a decent hire for the time being.  We don't know the full extent of what their punishment will be yet. Pruitt's buyout was $12MM, which is about the same that we paid Herman.

Edited by JBJ

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Boosters have brainstormed on what to do and calling out infractions and blaming Fisher was discussed. That seems like a more desperate stunt than where they think they’re at with things though. Maybe a 2023-2025 kind of maneuver. 

The aggie faithful have convinced themselves that injuries are the 2022 culprit, including the big money. If Fisher actually hires an OC quickly, the spigot will open up a bit for retention, acquisition and recruiting, and hope will spring eternal that next year is indeed the year.

They’ll convince themselves that whoever the OC is, and there are at least 4 names I’ve heard that I could see going there, he’s going to be amazing. After the inevitable flop on offense next season where Ritz Bit meddles and the OC winds up dickless, I’m curious who the aggies turn on then. I think if they’re heading to a typical 8-4, the OC gets heat. If it is another season like this one, they’re really going to call Fisher a big meanie and wag their fingers at him while he cashes in again. 

One of the more laughable certitudes I’ve read and heard the aggies espousing with a growing frequency is “Jimbo Fisher - CEO”. This guy is a simple dumbass. He’s won by playing the bag game when most didn’t, and inheriting other people’s talent. He can’t manage a roster or a coaching staff for shit. He has Napoleon Complex. He sounds like a used car salesman. The notion that this room temperature IQ rube is going to knowingly step back, think strategically and inspire his staff and players to a big turnaround while being tactically hands off is as absurd as the contract they’ve given him. 

Absolutely incredible that they could convince themselves that this guy with a literal spiral notebook of plays in his hand on the sideline is going to 'step away' from the offense.

WATCH: Jimbo Fisher offseason press conference - Good Bull Hunting

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

And no coach worth a shit will ever go to a school when it’s shown they openly will conspire to get out of any contract the coach isn’t meeting expectations.

Jimbo has said he loves it at A&M. I bet he would have coached there for $10k a game. He gets it. A&M is heaven for a coach! They have facilities! They have the 12th Man! Coaches will be lining up to move to College Station to rouse the sleeping giant who everybody fears!

I still find it amusing how oddly proud they were that it took an obscene amount of money written into an absurdly long and guaranteed contract to get Jimbo to walk the red carpet. A sitting national championship coach who knows how to win a natty. 

So far, all they've got are a few national championship level practices.

Fucking idiots.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

The aggie faithful have convinced themselves that injuries are the 2022 culprit, including the big money.

The also like to wax on about their brave 18 and 19 year old kids out there fighting their hearts out against men who are 22 or 23. This band of brothers will stick together and become a dreaded force in a year or two.

They're Ags through and through (until they're through at the end of the season).

49 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

The also like to wax on about their brave 18 and 19 year old kids out there fighting their hearts out against men who are 22 or 23. This band of brothers will stick together and become a dreaded force in a year or two.

They're Ags through and through (until they're through at the end of the season).

It may be true, but they will all be playing for different teams.

2 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Wait a minute. Is this a serious post? LSU is a much bigger recruiting threat to us right now than whatever the fuck is going on in College Station. LSU losing this weekend and then to Georgia (ending up with 4 losses) would be much better for us than anything that could happen at ATM the rest of the season. The only thing we are recruiting against at ATM is bag money. You can't point to beating LSU in a year where you lost to App State, both Miss. schools, South Carolina, the worst Florida team in years, and Auburn without a coach as any sort of positive data point. All of that when you were preseason #6 in the polls and coming off the bestest recruiting class evah! Good luck selling that. Not that they're beating LSU, anyway, but come the fuck on.

I've been following this shit for about 35 years and I can't recall a lower point for the ATM football program. Even for them -- the bottomless pit of incompetence -- this is some uncharted territory. They are locked in to a terrible head coach running an unsellable scheme coached by an incompetent staff, their recruiting is straight up dogshit, and they are staring down the barrel of a mass portal exodus. The team has quit. The fans have quit. The only one who isn't quitting is the coach and that's because he's got 85 million reasons not to. They are beyond neutered. Any recruit that wants to sign up for that deserves whatever he gets for going there.

Perhaps the question isn’t whether or not it’s a serious post…but whether or not that is a serious POSTER. 

just a little rubbin’, bill. And rubbin’ is racin’. 

If aggy somehow beats LSU, they might get the opportunity to prove that they're the best 5 win team in the country. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-bowl-projections-the-chances-of-a-5-7-team-in-a-bowl-are-high-172122533.html

Spoiler

At least seven teams with five wins need to get victories in the final week of the season to have enough .500 or better teams for all the bowl spots.

8 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

If aggy somehow beats LSU, they might get the opportunity to prove that they're the best 5 win team in the country. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/college-football-bowl-projections-the-chances-of-a-5-7-team-in-a-bowl-are-high-172122533.html

Hide contents

At least seven teams with five wins need to get victories in the final week of the season to have enough .500 or better teams for all the bowl spots.

They are tied for the 94th best APR rate out 130, so it is very very unlikely

Jimbo sounded confident that Achane will play. We'll see. 

An upset at home is plausible with Achane. Impossible without. LSU did not play well against Arkansas and their truly awful QB Malik Hornsby. If Perkins doesn't dominant, LSU probably would have lost. 

I could kind of see another Arkansas style rock fight. More Perkins sacks than total TD's sems like an a pretty easy prop bet. 

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread