Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

7 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

In the past there were far fewer bowl games and it seemed like it was considered an honor to make a bowl game.  Nowadays,  there's 40+(?), games that so dilutes the quality and interest in the games that they're really not special anymore.  imo

How many of those 40 bowls actually make money……or do they really care?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

ESPN owns a lot of the junk bowls.  They get some local company or a cracker maker to be the sponsor and that defrays the production costs.  They don’t have to pay a bloated bowl committee very much of the cut on these either.  For ESPN it’s holiday airtime filler that will get a guaranteed minimum rating because there are so many honorary members of the Sickos Committee like me that will watch all football. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Hang in there, bro.   Watch some 'marathon' bullshit of some show you like and grab a bottle or two of your favorite spirit.   Monday will be here soon, which will be the official Christmas Holiday...but....after that.....then Tuesday...you can get right back to the grind and not need to worry about this again until next August when the Christmas shit comes back out in the stores. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

An article I read years ago said that the bowls make money because participants have to buy an allotment of tickets, there's a sponsor, and ESPN. The colleges get killed on costs for taking staff and paying to house the team. It's a fucking racket.

The suggested alternative was to have bowl/post season games at one of the school's stadiums. You likely get a crowd and it feels more like a regular game. The schools would get the money instead of local shitty bowl committees.

I thought it sounded good. If we hosted one in DKR Memorial, I'm sure the other team would be amped to play here rather than El Paso or Shreveport. Same if we went to or hosted Notre Dame, Tennessee, Penn State, or Oregon. It would actually be fun. With a 12 team playoff in the future, this really sounds better.

• Hook 'Em 6

13 minutes ago, SHOOTER12 said:

let me know how to get in.   That's what all of this should be about in the first place.   

I made a decision tonight. I, along with my daughter who is fighting cancer, are going to buy a shopping cart full of candy canes and pass then out to every child in every store we can cover. Merry Christmas Assholes.

sorry.   I am still tying to navigate how to respond shit here.

Da Fino is right where I've been and I know.  If he and I are fellow Longhorns too....so much the better.

But I know, from the inside of my being, right where that guy is right now and I'd like to make sure he's ok.

additionally.....I'd love to contribute to your daughter's care.

or, her preferred placement for such a thing if she'd prefer that.

Each way......I don't know anyone here, at all....but I read exactly what I DO KNOW when I read "Da Fina's" post.     

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

catching the thread up since I slept most of the day

Reveal hidden contents

FkqweAMWYAIcVae?format=jpg&name=largeFkqwfCGWYAA4_sZ?format=jpg&name=largeFkqwft2X0AIsIxm?format=jpg&name=largeFkqwgPfXgAExIAv?format=jpg&name=large

Fks59QSUUAAfbym?format=jpg&name=largeFks59nXVsAAJC5m?format=jpg&name=largeFks598uUoAEau5A?format=jpg&name=largeFks5-SZUYAAkgJK?format=jpg&name=largeFks5_-pUUAAZyig?format=jpg&name=largeFks6AYnVUAAWiLK?format=jpg&name=largeFks6AtHUAAEDMRN?format=jpg&name=large

When your mods have to write posts like Howell's here, basically insisting that this is a class you should really be excited about, it all but confirms your school signed a shit class and you should feel bad about it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

When your mods have to write posts like Howell's here, basically insisting that this is a class you should really be excited about, it all but confirms your school signed a shit class and you should feel bad about it.

Yep.  Reading Jimbo's quotes from the signing day presser and this, they are hyping up those LB commits that they offered a week ago.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Noozak said:

The veneer on this aggy class is so thin when Howell has to brag about 4 offensive recruits. I am curious how much this class cost them for what they are getting.  

“Offseason was definitely a net gain. Incoming guys > non factors and potheads that left.”

Apparently, they’re getting upgrades. 

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

It’s relative. They had a big fat zero not too long ago.

Exactly this.  Two weeks before nsd1 they had zero offensive skill players, and much was made of it.

They managed to scrape together 4 so they'll call it a win.

Jimbo is well versed in the art of anchoring expectations low.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread