Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 minute ago, Jebus said:

I’m having some trouble understanding Olin’s contention that 7 points would make their record go from 5-7 to 10-2.  I’m sitting here trying to figure out how 7 points could convert 5 losses into 5 wins.  

Even if all 5 losses were by 1 point each, that means that 5 points are required just to convert them into 5 ties. So how does the remaining 2 points get you from 5 ties to 5 wins?  Are they able to use fractions of a point in their games somehow?  Anyway, their closest loss this season was by 3 points so it still doesn’t make sense.  

I guess he actually means 7 points in each of the 5 games, which would actually be 35 points?  They scored a total of 273 points during the season so in that case he’s asking them to increase their season scoring output by about 13%. In the 5 close losses they scored a total of 134 points, just under 27 points per game. So yeah if they had just scored 25% more points in those 5 losses they would have been 10-2 with losses to unranked Mississippi state and Florida. 

so close!  (To a season that still wouldn’t have justified their preseason ranking)

confused-confused-math.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Jebus said:

I’m having some trouble understanding Olin’s contention that 7 points would make their record go from 5-7 to 10-2.  I’m sitting here trying to figure out how 7 points could convert 5 losses into 5 wins.  

Even if all 5 losses were by 1 point each, that means that 5 points are required just to convert them into 5 ties. So how does the remaining 2 points get you from 5 ties to 5 wins?  Are they able to use fractions of a point in their games somehow?  Anyway, their closest loss this season was by 3 points so it still doesn’t make sense.  

I guess he actually means 7 points in each of the 5 games, which would actually be 35 points?  They scored a total of 273 points during the season so in that case he’s asking them to increase their season scoring output by about 13%. In the 5 close losses they scored a total of 134 points, just under 27 points per game. So yeah if they had just scored 25% more points in those 5 losses they would have been 10-2 with losses to unranked Mississippi state and Florida. 

so close!  (To a season that still wouldn’t have justified their preseason ranking)

Olin sounds like he survived WWI. Always jarring to see him on video. 

1 hour ago, Jebus said:

I think your guess is correct. He's trying to say that if the Ags had scored seven more points in each game they lost, their record would have been 10-2. 

So, yeah, if they'd scored more than they actually did, their record would have been better. Duh. To quote Vince Lombardi, that's just how losers talk.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Nivek said:

From what I understand, Fisher's son has some illness that shortened his stature and will lead to premature death.  In that case, Fisher is going a great job fleecing the aggy and providing for his son, and doing whatever makes the young man happy.   From being involved in his professional life to letting him make whatever fashion choices he wants.    I would back off on making fun of the kid.   Heck, I celebrate Jimbo Fisher and his coaching.   I hope he does well enough this year so they give him another extension and then mails it in for the remainder of his contract. 

No one's making fun of his stature or anything connected to his illness. Everyone's making fun of a cognitively-normal 17 year old for dressing like a moron.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

No one's making fun of his stature or anything connected to his illness. Everyone's making fun of a cognitively-normal 17 year old for dressing like a moron.

To be fair, the examples he has to follow are Jimbo and aggy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Exactly. Life’s too short (sounds like especially so in his case) to look like an idiot. Kudos to Jimbo though for looking after that idiot even though it probably isn’t his.

Edited by Hank_Hill

Imagine trying to convince yourself that a 61 year old that hasn't been a playcaller at the D1 level in 5 years is an "innovative offensive football mind."
aggys continue to amaze me. 
If he had been continuously a successful OC in all the time since his last run in the booth that might be true regardless of age, but for now they simply found Jimbo's match made in heaven. aggy gonna party like most SEC defenses don't know the concept of the forward pass!

9 hours ago, Jebus said:

Stupid Sip, from the outside looking in, you can’t understand it. And from the inside looking out, you can’t explain it.

• Haha 1

By all means rank aggy top 4 to start the year. Don't meant a shit , last thing they can handle is expectations 
Please baby jeebus put aggy top 5 preseason...

I don't ask for much, entertainment options are getting a little stale these days, too many Marvel movies and such.
  • Haha 1

Which is a lot of words to say that in all those games, they just ran out of time.
  • Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, texifornia said:

Is it possible that illness disrupts cognition?   I recall trying to stand out rather than fit in back in my day.  But hey, feel free to make fun of children.   

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Where will we be ranked thread and one of those beautiful crayon eating mother fuckers put 20-30!!! I about fuckin spit my coffee everywhere. Only aggy can find a list for the top 25 and come in 30th lol. 

Angling for the coveted #5 slot in Others Receiving Votes.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Jimbo-wisdom.jpg

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Quote aside, what a tragic publicity still. Short legged, pot belly, looks like he's yelling at his grandkids to get him a beer.

Up until a few months ago and not beginning again until this summer, the Aggies when they saw this shot.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

The “negative recruiting against us will stop because TCU can show that 84 year long droughts can stop” is a strong one. 

Also the “I haven’t developed a strong hate for Georgia.” Maybe because you’ve played them as many times as Texas has since you joined the conference. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/7/2023 at 4:23 PM, texifornia said:

To be fair, I'm also making fun of his haircut. 

On 1/8/2023 at 8:48 AM, Nivek said:

Is it possible that illness disrupts cognition?   I recall trying to stand out rather than fit in back in my day.  But hey, feel free to make fun of children.   

Well, only a child would think they can pwn a chimpanzee in a fight, Kevin, so don't worry there is an outstanding chance this board will continue to heartily make fun of children. 

• Haha 1

On 1/7/2023 at 1:06 PM, Jebus said:

it's badly written and a bad concept for an article in the first place trying to justify what was at best their like 5th? choice for the job after being told multiple times no by guys they clearly wanted to hire - including petrino in the first place.

if they WANTED to hire Petrino, Missouri State played their last game on 11/19. A&M played their last game 11/26. UNLV hired him 12/15. A&M hired him 1/5.

Seven more points. One more touchdown.

That would’ve been the difference in Texas A&M going 10-2 instead of 5-7 last season.

Losses:

• *App State: 3 points
  • Miss St: 18 points
  • *Alabama: 4 points
  • *South Carolina: 6 points
  • *Ole Miss: 3 points
  • Florida: 17 points
  • *Auburn: 3 points

Texas A&M was the #101 ranked team in the country in scoring offense at 22.8 points per game.

• +7 points per game would make them the #56 scoring team in the country
  • +1 TD over 12 would take them from the #102 to #66 TD scoring team by count
  • +1 TD per game would take them from the #101 offense in TD per game to #58 in the country (2.75 TD to 3.75)

basically if their offense was +7 points better, per game, they would have been twice as good in raw ranking - going from ~100th in the country to ~50th in the country offensively in raw scoring.

going to go way out on a limb here and say that literally any team in the country, if you give them "just one more TD per game" would also go from real shitty to really good.

Texas for comparison:

• #25 in scoring offense (34.5 per game)
  • +7 points per game would make them the #2 overall scoring offense in the country behind Tennessee
  • +1 TD over 13 games would take them from the #33 team in total TD #6
  • +1 TD per game would take them from #30 in TDs per game to #5

can you imagine if someone wrote an article like this about Texas? they would be laughed out of the fucking business.

for the record: +7 points per game would make Texas go from 8-4 (6-3) to 12-0 (9-0)* - and playing for the B12 championship and with a shot at CFP and National Championship. Texas lost to Alabama by 2, TTU by 3, OkState by 6, TCU by 7. I took out the Washington game for this exercise.

Fuck Off Brian Cox GIF by SuccessionHBO

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, NoName said:

i have bad news for you...

Animal%20fights%202-01.png

i am never sure what is worse - that more people that 17% of people think they can beat a chimpanzee, 8% think they can beat an elephant or gorilla, 6% think they can beat a grizzly bear or that 28% don't think they can beat a rat.

Does the rat have plague?

Also, 22% of the American population are children, so I am not Not Wrong. 

Quote aside, what a tragic publicity still. Short legged, pot belly, looks like he's yelling at his grandkids to get him a beer.

Don’t you got damn sass Jimbo Fisher the Patron Saint of aggy Fleece.

We should build a statue of him. A small one. Located in a bathroom. But a statue.

Well, only a child would think they can pwn a chimpanzee in a fight, Kevin, so don't worry there is an outstanding chance this board will continue to heartily make fun of children. 

Here we go again.

But kidding aside, I declared that dogs are little bitch asses. Not chimps.
  • Hook 'Em 2

"UGA is one of the few SEC programs that I haven't developed a nice hate for." 

Probably because aggy's bitch asses have only played them once in the past decade. If Georgia saw more of aggy, I'm sure they'd mock the shit out of them like everyone else

Edit: Dammit. @Doc Daneeka beat me to it

Edited by campcrunk

28 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Here we go again.

But kidding aside, I declared that dogs are little bitch asses. Not chimps.

Every single one of those guys is incredibly lucky to still have their head/face/arms/legs/scrotum still attached to their body. Why would you EVER agree to do that? 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, pyrofiend said:

A couple months ago, his dad was posting on social media that Bobby would be playing for Deion Sanders in 2023. Now his most recent Twitter follow is the Colorado DBs coach. 0720808cd2f0c857bfa72d9db8ea3e9f.jpg

This coach is my cousin. 

Fo reals.

He brought Deion and a bunch of Cowboys to Gainesville for a charity basketball game. It was cool and hilarious at the same time. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread