Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

image.png.531639741ac796104a74c858719f8d30.png

This is the kind of thing that just amazes and amuses me to no end when I come across it.  It is like watching someone weave a flowing tapestry of flawed logic, and then without noticing it, they start knitting themselves right into it, and eventually close the loop and just go to sleep.  Like returning to the womb.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

It is both entertaining and hilarious to watch those mouthbreathers attempt to rationalize their ongoing failures in recruiting and the portal with the notion that Jimbo Fisher and their program are simply unwilling to break their moral standards that winning on those fronts would require. This coming on the heels of that cheating motherfucker buying the #1 recruiting class for 2022 without even having a DC on staff. Yeah, ol'Jimbo simply has too much integrity to stoop to tampering with players from other programs. Right. 

I've been saying it for more than a calendar year and now it is coming to fruition for all to see - Fisher viewed NIL as a joke and ignored the scope of the portal as it relates to NIL in the future. Good luck fixing it.

the whole "Jimbo is a morally upstanding guy" is quite a turn for a guy known to be dirty AF for his entire coaching career. the fact that they believe it is even more crazy.

two words that should never, ever be together: Jimbo and integrity.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

1. The problem is just about never internal. It's external forces stopping A&M from a slew of nattys.

image.png.3a23c7c176b1f334c8e41753abdd4069.png

They went from speculating that Texas tampered on the Georgia receiver to assuming everybody is tampering but Jimbo, so it's those mean schools who are not as pure as A&M cheating their way to keeping Ol' Rock down. (External forces)

Above, it's the media blackballing A&M and being really mean.

This guy gets it. What a frustrating existence his must be.

image.png.b88776ce6505d024f679e09f77954913.png

2. The one internal problem they mention, they never understand.

Let's start with Aggie logic on Jimbos worries about being fired for cause if he, for the first time ever, starts cheating:

image.png.051a8fc7805872df5998bfb952c504f3.png

And their ire at Jimbo not earning his paycheck with the suggested meaning they can do something about it. Good God, man!

image.png.2aa8b29f3bc46349cb40b1c7b31aa9aa.png

A middle school volleyball coach, indeed. He had the balls to go there. What will be the next simile? Elementary school janitor? This genius is merciless.

Oh, and you set the market price for Jimbo by guaranteeing so much money over so much time with him coming off a losing season at FSU. Nobody held a gun to your head. You were proud of the deal. You got exactly what you paid for. To A&M, he is indeed worth his salary.

Aptly named Aggie:

image.png.128e3f7e145e5cb16887cc1a97d050fd.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

1. The problem is just about never internal. It's external forces stopping A&M from a slew of nattys.

image.png.3a23c7c176b1f334c8e41753abdd4069.png

They went from speculating that Texas tampered on the Georgia receiver to assuming everybody is tampering but Jimbo, so it's those mean schools who are not as pure as A&M cheating their way to keeping Ol' Rock down. (External forces)

Above, it's the media blackballing A&M and being really mean.

This guy gets it. What a frustrating existence his must be.

image.png.b88776ce6505d024f679e09f77954913.png

2. The one internal problem they mention, they never understand.

Let's start with Aggie logic on Jimbos worries about being fired for cause if he, for the first time ever, starts cheating:

image.png.051a8fc7805872df5998bfb952c504f3.png

And their ire at Jimbo not earning his paycheck with the suggested meaning they can do something about it. Good God, man!

image.png.2aa8b29f3bc46349cb40b1c7b31aa9aa.png

A middle school volleyball coach, indeed. He had the balls to go there. What will be the next simile? Elementary school janitor? This genius is merciless.

Oh, and you set the market price for Jimbo by guaranteeing so much money over so much time with him coming off a losing season at FSU. Nobody held a gun to your head. You were proud of the deal. You got exactly what you paid for. To A&M, he is indeed worth his salary.

Aptly named Aggie:

image.png.128e3f7e145e5cb16887cc1a97d050fd.png

oh, it's very comforting to me, sweet "oh no".  Very comforting indeed.

I've been struggling for a while to figure out who the typical TA poster reminds me of and I think I've hit it.  They are all the kids that hang around the main bully in most movies.  They aren't the leader, they are typically dumber, uglier and derive all their power from being associated with the leader.  It doesn't matter whether the leader is actually popular as in some movies or just a bigger, slightly brighter version of the these kids.  In the end, they deify the bully and even when the bully gets knocked down by the protagonist, they fail to adjust to the new paradigm.  

Also, who the fuck uses a political statement as their sig on a football forum?  

props to @texifornia for posting and for @RomaVicta for the analysis.  It's somewhat akin to what researchers must have felt seeing Goodall's work for the first time, but without a feeling that chimpanzee were closer to us than we thought.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

It’s amazing to me that an entire site of rubes can’t figure out what’s really going on with their own program. This entire site knows exactly what’s happening. How is it that there’s not one poster over there with real knowledge of what’s really happening?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

It’s amazing to me that an entire site of rubes can’t figure out what’s really going on with their own program. This entire site knows exactly what’s happening. How is it that there’s not one poster over there with real knowledge of what’s really happening?

They know.  They can’t talk about it, because as you know, speaking things makes them reality in agland. But they absolutely know.  

• Hook 'Em 2

I think I understand. All of the “usual suspects” that cheat in recruiting stopped cheating for the ‘22 cycle, and thus aggy was able to put together that ridiculous class. And then the usual suspects just as suddenly decided to cheat again, all because of the totally fake post by sliced bread who is an anonymous message board poster. 

how else to explain that class, with a coach that’s too scared or upstanding to cheat?

• Like 1

My absolute favorite part is how they thought they’d just pop into the portal and grab a seasoned Oline, maybe a few corners, and fuck it another solid RB. Because that’s what they were told when they were getting drug in HS recruiting this year.  No worries, we’ll get 12-15 quality kids from the portal.  Easy peasy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Posters with actual knowledge don’t post there, or are run out on a rail when they post anything negative, truth or not. 

I believe their “better” posters congregate on a discord chat. That spot has more inside info, and also discusses info and posters from our site and others. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 4

My favorite thing about Looch and his pussy getting hurt is that he censors and bans people who have a difference of opinion from him or call him out for the lying sack of shit that he is. It’s almost like he doesn’t believe in free speech and the 1st amendment. How Aggie of him. 

Typical Aggie voice:  “That’s not the ‘murica them fighting Texas A&M Aggies died defending. It’s almost like Billy is a “dicktater” like that Chinese dude named after them there golf clubs.” 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Screenshot_20230120_164243_Chrome.jpg

I posted this in the Football/Tell me about A&M thread, but I've updated the Texas Football Depth Chart file (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=1253781136) to include tabs for tracking attrition by class (look for Texas by Class and Aggie by Class). I also added an aggie depth chart. Here's their defense (not sure if Russell is returning at LB): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TzoBTIvCXfZIk7Sz3C9txMg0yPvrXyVM/edit#gid=529379820

image.png.d8ee91fc1a692fe2f5adef510091e4ea.png

Edited by AP101S
sp.
  • Haha 1

They really can’t afford to play 3 dl.  It’s where 75% of their talent is, and they don’t have enough good players to play 8 lbs and dbs. 

but man it looks like you’d run 11 formation and throw all over them with quick hitters, longer routes if you have the OL to hold up. 

that’s also only 35 total players lol. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Haha 1

They really don’t get it. HS recruiting is like college graduate recruiting- older guys spin a story of what it’s like at their company, and most graduating seniors are too naive to dig deep. 

Portal recruits are like the new hires two to three years later- they understand more about the real world, know about real opportunity and benefits and are wary of toxic environments. 

The Ags have a very tough story to tell to portal recruits. It’s pretty much- “the pay is ok here. Things might work out”. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread