Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

What was the final count of number of players they lost from graduation/transfer vs the number of players signed in the 23 class and transfer portals? How many players are they net losing? That depth chart on defense is lol funny. 

And there’s still the post-spring ball portal window! 

My favorite new Aggy "truth" is that Jimbo isn't working the portal hard because if he were to do so, he would have to engage in tampering, and if he were tampering then the school would have a way to get out of his contract. 

This morning's posts were gold @texifornia thanks for sharing. We should make you a perm poster. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

What was the final count of number of players they lost from graduation/transfer vs the number of players signed in the 23 class and transfer portals? How many players are they net losing? That depth chart on defense is lol 

I believe they have 73 on scholarship (includes NSD2 commits and portal commits, excludes expected early entry NFL).

• Hook 'Em 1

If Jimbo were not such a scumbag I would hire him as an analyst just to trigger Aggy, I legit would give him whatever job pissed them off the most.

That said it is irrelevant, they are so stupid they gave him guaranteed money. The logical thing is for him to get fired, get another HC job and double dip.

47 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

aggy is really talking themselves into circles. They claim our players suck because they play in the BDF, yet they are now calling for their coaches to tamper with them.

Also every guy we’ve gotten they could have used. But they suck for going to a Big 12 team 

29 minutes ago, linux said:

If Jimbo were not such a scumbag I would hire him as an analyst just to trigger Aggy, I legit would give him whatever job pissed them off the most.

That said it is irrelevant, they are so stupid they gave him guaranteed money. The logical thing is for him to get fired, get another HC job and double dip.

Get him a seat at Kyle on 50 behind their bench. Have him wear burnt orange and white. He'll be our permanent scout of the Aggies.

7 hours ago, BigHornedLurker said:

Lol at jimbo anywhere near UT . Dudes going to find himself drinking moonshine in west Virginia 

I’m kind of hoping that takes off. Last time LSU really wanted him, he got a nice little bump and extension.   Come on aggy, another 5 years at 15? So he can’t come to sip. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, SimkinsMan said:

My favorite new Aggy "truth" is that Jimbo isn't working the portal hard because if he were to do so, he would have to engage in tampering, and if he were tampering then the school would have a way to get out of his contract. 

This morning's posts were gold @texifornia thanks for sharing. We should make you a perm poster. 

I don’t think it’s the worst theory. You have to think Aggy is looking under every couch cushion to find a legal way to fire him with cause. Even a moron would understand that he’s under extra scrutiny and $80m dollars are at stake. 

16 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.b8615b8bbb79d0d54a7c8f09739f2484.png

image.png.e2b73ce16024e9a0e003f29bd5891077.png

Uh oh. We're in big trouble now. Dang!

image.png.fb2f57d938d844b9a312169ce65d58ab.png

image.png.acae13fbc1879c232b765bda110ddee5.png

image.png.428802247c463a31a4ad2386ed1584b9.png

image.png.50973ff822c187b05bcc08926d20fe10.png

So much good stuff today.

image.png.5fbd37d5f7c374ec8b118edda8f82c2f.png

Irony deafness.

Dear god in heaven know. We absolutely demand and support jumbos extension at aggy we are actively crowdfunding his next contract extension to keep him there for life. 

• Hook 'Em 1

What they also never seem to consider is…you’re in College fucking Station. That place sucks. It just does. It is a pissant town that doesn’t even feel like a college town - it feels like a suburb with no city attached. I’m not saying this is always a huge factor in athletes’ choices, but goddamnit they never even consider the possibility when they are discussing the reasons nobody wants to be there. 

• Hook 'Em 7

On 1/23/2023 at 8:31 AM, HtownHorn said:

They love their QB room of likely concussion and a bunch of JAGS?

They're real Ags through and through!

They also choose to forget Ewer's brilliance against Alabama and OU and that he looked solid in the bowl game where the receivers let him down.

For them, their guys will always leap forward in the off season. For everybody else, their players will only be as good as their worst game the prior season.

Edited by RomaVicta
they're their It's why I never make fun of that error
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

What they also never seem to consider is…you’re in College fucking Station. That place sucks. It just does. It is a pissant town that doesn’t even feel like a college town - it feels like a suburb with no city attached. I’m not saying this is always a huge factor in athletes’ choices, but goddamnit they never even consider the possibility when they are discussing the reasons nobody wants to be there. 

I say this all the damn time.  Anyone that has spent even a modicum of time in B/CS understands how truly uninspiring and downright mundane the place is.  There is no personality, no areas of merit to explore, no natural settings to take in and appreciate, and no legitimate entertainment options (Dixie Chicken/northgate does not count).  It fucking sucks and it is still mindblowing to me when a recruit decides to attend school there.  

Schitts Creek Eww GIF by CBC

• Hook 'Em 5

I'm a passive follower of recruiting.  Most of my info comes from this board.

I guess I don't understand the hand wringing around this Tyler Harrell kid.

1. His profile says he's from Miami.

2. The Aggy 9.95ers pretty much told their audience that most of the money available for players would be used on retaining the 2022 class.  That should indicate whatever they get in the portal is done with a large of amount of finger crossing.  JAGs that you hope the best for.  Especially if you plan on filling out the roster since they lost 1/3 of it due to graduation and the portal.

Not sure how that changes next year, unless they make more money available for players.  They'll need a large class.  Or a lot of incoming transfers.  And the 2022 class is still expecting money, and they may up their requirements to stay on a train to nowhere if they go 7-5.  The complete mismanagement of the roster and lack of organization on actual NIL is fascinating to watch.

3 minutes ago, WashHorn said:

I married an Aggie. We had to visit there for a wedding, and the wife wanted to bring the kids to show off her old stomping grounds for a long weekend. It took about three hours after arriving before she asked me to Google what to do with the kids for the next two days. We ended up at a third rate bowling alley and other bullshit. Kids have never asked to go back. 

Been there for swim meets. On par with Bakersfield and Fresno for having shitty air quality and fuck-all to do, but without at least being sort of close to Sequoia/Yosemite.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I agree with a lot of what this post touches on. Heading into the 2021 season and then again into the 2022 season, they were getting talked up as a national power to be reckoned with by XM84, ESPN, and various online sites (of course The Athletic was fellating them, but it went beyond that), and I (along with everyone here, sure) was screaming at the radio/monitor/tv asking what in the fuck they'd actually done. There was zero inspection of the 2020 actuals, just surface level "they were a top 5 team". Never mind the rest of their history. 

The SEC hype machine is real, and they were benefitting. I became somewhat despondent that they'd never actually get the real, in-depth review as a cult and program that they so richly deserve.

Then, aggie happened. Because ... of course. What was I worrying about? They pulled the bookshelf on top of themselves, because that's what they do. Jimbo Fisher is the second best coaching representation of an aggie that could have ever existed. No one will ever beat RC Slocum, but I will give this current midget motherfucker some credit for trying. It's glorious. 

Texas A&M has had the last 10+ years to actually do anything and become the "flagship" program in Texas (in their eyes)...and what have they done with it during this timeframe?

image.png.8bff00631950a62ca6fa56b480e26ebc.png

People have called the last 10 years of Texas football a lost decade, but really and truly that applies to Texas A&M football more than anything I can think of.

Now keep in mind the following items about the last decade:

• 2 of the 3 worst coaches in Texas football history (129 years) by winning % have coached Texas during these time frame - bottom 3 by win% are Charlie Strong at 43.3%, Jack Chevigny from 1934-1936 at 48.3% and Steve Sarkesian at 52.0%
  • This is the worst decade of Texas football by win% ever
  • Texas has 5 losing seasons during the last decade, they had 6 total from 1957 to 2012

During the last decade, Texas A&M has won an average of 1 more game per season than Texas (+10 total wins)

During the last 5 years, which include the 3rd worst win% by a coach in Texas football history, Texas A&M has won 1 more game than Texas.

Since COVID (2020, when Texas A&M went 9-1) Texas A&M has won 2 more games than Texas.

So the real difference is the 8-10 FCS games that Texas A&M played vs FCS opponents over the last 10 years?

=====

RC vs Jimbo is a pretty funny comparison also btw. RC won 72.1% of his games overall, won 73.1% of his games in conference won 4 conference championships (one every 3.5 years) and was fired for going 6-6. His last 5 years he went 40-22 and won 64.5% of his games. He was at A&M every single season from 1972 to 2002 except 1981 when he left for 1 year to go be a DC at USC.

Jimbo Fisher has won 65% of his games, 56.1% of his conference games, has 0 conference championships and over his time at Texas A&M is 39-21 which comes out exactly to a 65% win percentage.

one guy who has been the very definition ot loyal for almost 30 years gets fired. the other guy gets a huge extension to his already fully guaranteed contract.

why? that's how Texas A&M does business.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wiler77 said:

I'm a passive follower of recruiting.  Most of my info comes from this board.

I guess I don't understand the hand wringing around this Tyler Harrell kid.

1. His profile says he's from Miami.

2. The Aggy 9.95ers pretty much told their audience that most of the money available for players would be used on retaining the 2022 class.  That should indicate whatever they get in the portal is done with a large of amount of finger crossing.  JAGs that you hope the best for.  Especially if you plan on filling out the roster since they lost 1/3 of it due to graduation and the portal.

Not sure how that changes next year, unless they make more money available for players.  They'll need a large class.  Or a lot of incoming transfers.  And the 2022 class is still expecting money, and they may up their requirements to stay on a train to nowhere if they go 7-5.  The complete mismanagement of the roster and lack of organization on actual NIL is fascinating to watch.

2. No, the Aggy $9.95ers said no such thing. They continue to lie and obfuscate and make lurid insinuations about NIL at other schools, but they've never once admitted that:

A) the 2022 class was a mercenary class bought with illicit under-the-table payments (aka Bags) 

B) The 2022 class requires additional payments to keep the rest of the rats from fleeing the ship

C) The 2019-2021 classes are not content with seeing the payments to 2022 when they didn't get theirs

D) Not only do portal transfers have little-to-no interest in playing for Jimbo and the cesspool that is aggy football, but that they probably have to pay over-market rate to beat offers from other teams.

The aggy fans are in denial and think that they are some great destination and can't understand why players aren't flocking to play there, NIL or not.

Edited by Hornlover
  • Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread