Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

46 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

2. No, the Aggy $9.95ers said no such thing. They continue to lie and obfuscate and make lurid insinuations about NIL at other schools, but they've never once admitted that:

A) the 2022 class was a mercenary class bought with illicit under-the-table payments (aka Bags) 

B) The 2022 class requires additional payments to keep the rest of the rats from fleeing the ship

C) The 2019-2021 classes are not content with seeing the payments to 2022 when they didn't get theirs

D) Not only do portal transfers have little-to-no interest in playing for Jimbo and the cesspool that is aggy football, but that they probably have to pay over-market rate to beat offers from other teams.

The aggy fans are in denial and think that they are some great destination and can't understand why players aren't flocking to play there, NIL or not.

One of them absolutely stated something to the effect of the priority was using "resources" or "energy" or something else that absolutely meant "money" to keep the 2022 class on campus.  It was a topic of discussion on either this thread or one of the other Aggy recruiting threads.

1 hour ago, Hornlover said:

The aggy fans are in denial and think that they are some great destination and can't understand why players aren't flocking to play there, NIL or no

Something I quoted earlier epitomizes your apt description of their unjustifiably high opinion of Texas A&M University's place in the college football world:

image.png.205a1d2b263fc712a2117e5a1e1a6d1e.png

This guy with an Agtag sees A&M as merely being lazy and nice at the moment. When they want, they can swing their endless supply of money that they keep stored in their wonderful facilitiesfacilitiesfacilities and take whatever they want from poor ol' tu.

Remember during Jimbo's first recruiting class that Liucci said we were lucky Fisher got such a late start or he would have "picked Texas' class clean."

All they've really achieved since leaving the Big 12 is being able to sew an SEC patch on their jersies and crow like they have something to do with the SEC's reputation.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

Man, I have missed watching them rationalize their obvious reaches on the recruiting end. They didn't even offer that fucking JAG until just before signing day, but, yeah, he's better than Gullette and probably a 5star. Right. 

We also got to see a "the rankings don't matter" post in the wild. They only don't matter when you don't like the results. If, say, your team land the #1 class in the country and people hail it as "the greatest class of all-time", well, then the rankings really matter. 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

“He’s small, but he’s slow.

Could easily be a 4/5 star.”

-TexAgs reader ratings service

Small and slow BUT they beat out Baylor, Ole Miss, and CU as his best option.

Apparently, we saved 25+ major programs (Who's Who offer list, similar to Hill) from dodging the Gullette bullet.  When a young man has an offer list like Gullette, it's a damn strong indicator of potential and ability imo.

Truly a delusional fan base.  

22 hours ago, hookemATL said:

I say this all the damn time.  Anyone that has spent even a modicum of time in B/CS understands how truly uninspiring and downright mundane the place is.  There is no personality, no areas of merit to explore, no natural settings to take in and appreciate, and no legitimate entertainment options (Dixie Chicken/northgate does not count).  It fucking sucks and it is still mindblowing to me when a recruit decides to attend school there.  

Schitts Creek Eww GIF by CBC

True. I often drive through parts of Austin or any city where it's Anywhere, USA with the same chain stores and restaurantes and not a single second spent on beauty. 

Nick Toschkes used an apt phrase about "driving through this market that we used to call a world." Fantastic line.

A&M actually embraces this as a point of pride like small town yokels getting a Pizza Hut or a Sonic. Odessa nearly went orgasmic back in the 90s at the opening of a fucking Chili's. There was a line halfway round a small block to get in.

College Station, proud to be adequate.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Does College Station even exist for Texas tourism? I talk with students on the East Coast, DC mostly, and ask them when they graduate, where do they hope to go, and hear Austin quite a bit.  Not only does College Station not encapsulate the state of Texas, it's simply not a destination place.  When students graduate, the desire is to leave College Station--permanently.  It's a college town, with nothing beyond.  The comparison is that one is a thriving, capital city, and the other is a college town.  I don't know that a lot of Texans could point to College Station on a map of Texas, if the words weren't written on it.        

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Mdhorn said:

Does College Station even exist for Texas tourism? I talk with students on the East Coast, DC mostly, and ask them when they graduate, where do they hope to go, and hear Austin quite a bit.  Not only does College Station not encapsulate the state of Texas, it's simply not a destination place.  When students graduate, the desire is to leave College Station--permanently.  It's a college town, with nothing beyond.  The comparison is that one is a thriving, capital city, and the other is a college town.  I don't know that a lot of Texans could point to College Station on a map of Texas, if the words weren't written on it.        

There is not a human alive without family connections to aggy that is aware of College Station, let alone with a desire to visit it. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I would say its BARELY a college town.  Many college towns have at least SOME level of charm/interest/character that help them stand on their own as a decent place to go to school, visit on a gameday, or spend a quick weekend in exploring.  I have been to Gainesville/Tuscaloosa/Auburn/many more and each had their own little bit of that.  CS has nothing going for it that distinguishes it positively in any way whatsoever. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

I would say its BARELY a college town.  Many college towns have at least SOME level of charm/interest/character that help them stand on their own as a decent place to go to school, visit on a gameday, or spend a quick weekend in exploring.  I have been to Gainesville/Tuscaloosa/Auburn/many more and each had their own little bit of that.  CS has nothing going for it that distinguishes it positively in any way whatsoever. 

I've been in central Texas for 30 years and spent a total of ~30 minutes in B/CS.  Bought a used fender for a '72 Charger sometime in the mid-90's and picked it up there.  Zero desire to ever go back, thank you.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, morehornsepower said:

I've been in central Texas for 30 years and spent a total of ~30 minutes in B/CS.  Bought a used fender for a '72 Charger sometime in the mid-90's and picked it up there.  Zero desire to ever go back, thank you.

I was there for work over the course of a couple years, not routinely but too often for my tastes.  I always brought heaps of weed with me so I could make it through without lobotomizing myself into a drooling husk of a human.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Listen. This is an insult to college towns. Many college towns have a fuck ton of redeeming features and qualities. 

Yeah. When they graduate their goal is to move 65 minutes to The Woodlands so they can be neighbors with @RGBIII. Maybe buy Karen Key Largo's old hovel. The ones with real wanderlust, those who really want to see what the world offers, they move 67 minutes away to Katy. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

Having lived on the East Coast for ten years now, I have met exactly zero people not from Texas who could tell you where in Texas CS is. However, when I say I’m from Austin and went to school there, everyone knows. 

I did always figure that CS was like Baton Rouge, in that everyone just stays there, forever, but A&M is a much bigger school than LSU so I guess they can’t all just live there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, RollingPresidential said:

Having lived on the East Coast for ten years now, I have met exactly zero people not from Texas who could tell you where in Texas CS is. However, when I say I’m from Austin and went to school there, everyone knows. 

I did always figure that CS was like Baton Rouge, in that everyone just stays there, forever, but A&M is a much bigger school than LSU so I guess they can’t all just live there. 

They absolutely could. They just don't want to, then they'll tell each other how it's the greatest place in the world even though they all left forever as soon as they could. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

Give it like 10 years and it'll be a legit suburb of Houston.  Already encroaching on Magnolia.

What they also never seem to consider is…you’re in College fucking Station. That place sucks. It just does. It is a pissant town that doesn’t even feel like a college town - it feels like a suburb with no city attached. I’m not saying this is always a huge factor in athletes’ choices, but goddamnit they never even consider the possibility when they are discussing the reasons nobody wants to be there. 
I never thought about it before, but that's exactly what it feels like...a typical bland burb, (all the aggy branding aside) yet no actual city within sight.

25 minutes ago, ousux said:
6 hours ago, Armybrat said:
Last time we were in CS was 1981, but that was due to Mrs. Brat’s navigation error while we were returning to Austin from Alexandria.

Alexandria Louisiana? May be an even bigger shithole than Collie station

Yeah, my brother spent 10 years there before moving back to Austin in 1989.

They’re trying. The biotech corridor they started and now this “innovation” corridor next to it. Would be interesting to see how those places are filling up, and recruiting. 

Austin is starting to get looked at by the biotech space, so we’ll see where companies decide is best for them. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Correct. It’s Spring with less restaurants and shittier houses. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, RollingPresidential said:

What?  Have you been to houston recently, half the town is lsu grads now.  It’s crazy 

Edited by FORTY NINE TO ZERO
Words
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Js1 said:

Give it like 10 years and it'll be a legit suburb of Houston.  Already encroaching on Magnolia.

So it's like 80% of the Austin/Pflugerville/Roundrock/Manor metro area these days?  Or did Austin finally engulf Taylor?

Man I loved growing up in Central Texas but I am ridiculously glad to be clear if the giant urban sprawl it is slowly being turned into.

Edited by TexasRenegade
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, deft said:

Would you go to cstat for one more aggy cristo sammich?

I bombed out a hot girl in high schools bathroom that had no window and no vent after eating that damn Bennigans Cristo. It was nuclear liquid lava level stuff. Let’s just say the party ended without any party favors.

19 minutes ago, FORTY NINE TO ZERO said:

What?  Have you been to houston recently, have the town is lsu grads now.  It’s crazy 

Way more aggys. Far too many Sooners as well. 

Most college graduates are going to move to nearest major city with jobs. Fortunately / unfortunately that’s been Houston since the 90s. 

I will say it feels like the LSU grads are moving elsewhere for work. Most of the LSU folks I know are well into their 30s and up. 

7 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Way more aggys. Far too many Sooners as well. 

Most college graduates are going to move to nearest major city with jobs. Fortunately / unfortunately that’s been Houston since the 90s. 

I will say it feels like the LSU grads are moving elsewhere for work. Most of the LSU folks I know are well into their 30s and up. 

A lot of them are here in NC. It feels like the Triangle has a decent amount of younger alums from every B1G and SEC school (along with the obvious ACC suspects).

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread