Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

10 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

If you’re feeling nostalgic for restaurant chains that closed in every major city 10 years ago, I recommend College Station. 

10 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

The got a bennigans? Well shit bruther that’s all you had to say

Butters Stotch GIF by South Park - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Way more aggys. Far too many Sooners as well. 

Most college graduates are going to move to nearest major city with jobs. Fortunately / unfortunately that’s been Houston since the 90s. 

I will say it feels like the LSU grads are moving elsewhere for work. Most of the LSU folks I know are well into their 30s and up. 

I went to University Lab on the LSU campus for high school. It seemed like everyone I knew was a Baton Rouge lifer whose family had been there for decades and never planned to leave, LSU alum or no. Something like 65% of my graduating class went to LSU. The Tulane, SE-LA, LA-Monroe, etc grads still came home and were still all in on LSU - that's how I envisioned how someone who grew up in CS would be. However, I graduated HS in 2008 and have not been back since, nor have I really spent much time as an adult in Houston post college, so I'm probably a bad source.

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It's possible I missed the thread saying "we're SEC ready" but I swear to God, I have not seen or heard anyone from Texas say the term "SEC ready" in any form. 

Nor declaring that we are national championship contenders next season. 

and why don’t they do the same calculus on their 9-1 team wrt wins vs teams with losing records or cr inferior conferences?

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

One of those fucking morons said a freshman has NEVER won a heisman LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. That's incredible. They have the first one to ever do it. My goodness the inbreeding is strong on texags. 

I think he said true freshman. Johnny FBall was a redshirt. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It's possible I missed the thread saying "we're SEC ready" but I swear to God, I have not seen or heard anyone from Texas say the term "SEC ready" in any form. 

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Nor declaring that we are national championship contenders next season. 

Like that one guy who claims he talked to someone close to the tu program.

spacer.png

spacer.png

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It's mind boggling that most of them still have no fucking clue how NIL works and that their beloved program is awful at it.  I mean, I know they're aggy-dumb, but JFC.

My favorite part is they can't even comprehend that they are bad at it.  "We're doing a terrible job at promoting our situation."????!!!  Promotion isn't actually their problem...the problem is that their situation *is* terrible...and anyone smart enough to promote it, probably realizes that they shouldn't.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

My dear god these guys are the best.

”can you believe they’re posting NIL stuff on social media?!?”

”Arch is overrated and horrible, so horrible that he when can’t beat out Ewers (also horrible), he’ll transfer to Georgia, and then they’ll really be screwed!” (Seriously, try unpacking the logic in that one.)

”#5 LSU”

I used to assume that they don’t actually believe the things they say; I think I was wrong.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, ousux said:

It seems many texaggy posters have friends that are well connected sip insiders..

Counterintel maybe lol

I have wondered over the last few years if the gushing letters they compose from visiting schools and their incessant made-up shit about Texas allegedly sourced from a "buddy close to the tu program" is justified as some sort of psy-ops mission.

They fancy themselves a military school which makes every student more connected to that world than anyone anywhere else could possibly be. It's not hard to imagine group of redass ags getting together and someone yelling, "Listen up! I got a psy-ops mission for ya, Ags!" "Whooop!"

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, morehornsepower said:

My favorite part is they can't even comprehend that they are bad at it.  "We're doing a terrible job at promoting our situation."????!!!  Promotion isn't actually their problem...the problem is that their situation *is* terrible...and anyone smart enough to promote it, probably realizes that they shouldn't.

Well, aggy players are a bit limited with Dixie Chicken and Bucee’s.

• Hook 'Em 1

Cut & Paste newbie ...

1966883459_ScreenShot2023-01-26at10_30_59AM.png.86820546e134671e2d32714c19d6f18e.png

269880597_ScreenShot2023-01-26at10_26_54AM.png.53d532a7ac2ec1169f7ff398103d8948.png

684507665_ScreenShot2023-01-26at10_29_06AM.thumb.png.6c2c9582f131268491beb09115e32c12.png

"RC's recruitment pitch was powerful. This was back before kid's had internet, ...

RC got in their living room and preached; I mean old tyme gospel hour preached, values to their parents.

But that turned to hypocrisy after what happened and many HS coaches refused to even meet with him. It can't be discussed much more on TexAgs without getting deleted and i may have already said too much."

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, PTINS said:

Cut & Paste newbie ...

1966883459_ScreenShot2023-01-26at10_30_59AM.png.86820546e134671e2d32714c19d6f18e.png

269880597_ScreenShot2023-01-26at10_26_54AM.png.53d532a7ac2ec1169f7ff398103d8948.png

684507665_ScreenShot2023-01-26at10_29_06AM.thumb.png.6c2c9582f131268491beb09115e32c12.png

"RC's recruitment pitch was powerful. This was back before kid's had internet, ...

RC got in their living room and preached; I mean old tyme gospel hour preached, values to their parents.

But that turned to hypocrisy after what happened and many HS coaches refused to even meet with him. It can't be discussed much more on TexAgs without getting deleted and i may have already said too much."

Is he talking about RC's affair with his secretary?

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

FnV1k1rWIAIWSBM?format=jpg&name=mediumFnV1lO8XoAEcz2F?format=jpg&name=mediumFnV1lj6WIAgMXvP?format=jpg&name=mediumFnV1l_UXEAgjbwW?format=jpg&name=mediumFnV1nWcWIBAL_oI?format=jpg&name=mediumFnV1nv-WIAE6_Ib?format=jpg&name=mediumFnV1oKnWIAACO2h?format=jpg&name=mediumFnV1ogUWIAA6r8R?format=jpg&name=mediumFnV9JnZWIAkhYdU?format=jpg&name=mediumFnV9KDyWIAUrzTw?format=jpg&name=medium

These guys are acting like they didn't just get their ass handed to them at home by App State, Florida at home, and Auburn without a head coach. The bottom of the SEC and a fucking sunbelt school. With wins against UMass, Troy, and Sam Houston St making up over 50% of their win total. They get one win against an overrated and uninspired LSU team and they just conveniently wish the rest away. Unbelievable. 

Edited by Vertigo
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

These guys are acting like they didn't just get their ass handed to them at home by App State, Florida at home, and Auburn without a head coach. The bottom of the SEC and a fucking sunbelt school. With wins against UMass, Troy, and Sam Houston St making up over 50% of their win total. They get one win against an overrated and uninspired LSU team and they just conveniently wish the rest away. Unbelievable. 

Sooo business as usual ? I certainly don't expect aggy to suddenly become self aware or rational anytime this century 

10 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

It's mind boggling that most of them still have no fucking clue how NIL works and that their beloved program is awful at it.  I mean, I know they're aggy-dumb, but JFC.

My favorite part is them throwing the Worthy situation around. Ok, yeah it sucks.  Did they miss the 15 kids that left them due to it?  They missed the same exact rumors of  Stewart, Nolen, and others?  Laugh it up, broke motherfuckers. 

8 hours ago, Armybrat said:

Well, aggy players are a bit limited with Dixie Chicken and Bucee’s.

Only half of Buccees is maroon, fwiw.  

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, PTINS said:

I see this cultist never left fish camp. The entire RC recruiting story is made up bullshit. Jackie Sherrill's bagman (Slocum) kept the gravy train rolling after multiple run-ins with the NCAA, including an escape from sanctions because of a technicality on the first round of shenanigans. FedEx was only one of the more well-known methods of stupidity. I mean, RC literally would just drop bags on the front desk of some high school coaches close to signing day without even meeting the recruit. In some cases, recruits would sign in the blind. It was a very different era of cheating than we are used to today.

Mack showed up with early recruiting and an actual sales pitch, and Big Ears Pyle was toast. Money bags and a very weak SWC still wasn't enough for ATM to win anything of substance outside the SWC. Maybe RC was good at fucking sluts in his office next to the "student-athletes", but he was a shitty football coach. He fits College Station to a T.

• Hook 'Em 5

2 hours ago, Sandbagging Steve said:

I see this cultist never left fish camp. The entire RC recruiting story is made up bullshit. Jackie Sherrill's bagman (Slocum) kept the gravy train rolling after multiple run-ins with the NCAA, including an escape from sanctions because of a technicality on the first round of shenanigans. FedEx was only one of the more well-known methods of stupidity. I mean, RC literally would just drop bags on the front desk of some high school coaches close to signing day without even meeting the recruit. In some cases, recruits would sign in the blind. It was a very different era of cheating than we are used to today.

Mack showed up with early recruiting and an actual sales pitch, and Big Ears Pyle was toast. Money bags and a very weak SWC still wasn't enough for ATM to win anything of substance outside the SWC. Maybe RC was good at fucking sluts in his office next to the "student-athletes", but he was a shitty football coach. He fits College Station to a T.

You fuckin' nailed that, man. RC was a man from when A&M's purity and virtue would win out over the evil sips. Nuts.

• Like 2

“But honestly their record against our schedule would have likely been 3-9.”
This hurts my brain… Did they not watch Tech kick the shit out of Ole Miss? And Kansas go to 4 OTs with Arkansas? And K State beat the piss out of Missouri?
Their level of competition is no better than ours… We played Bama, 11 win UTSA and a full 9 game conference slate. They dodged Georgia and played UMass, Sam Houston, App State and Troy lol.

They managed to win 3 of the last 4 mentioned you dumb sip
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, ATXhorn17 said:

“But honestly their record against our schedule would have likely been 3-9.”

This hurts my brain… Did they not watch Tech kick the shit out of Ole Miss? And Kansas go to 4 OTs with Arkansas? And K State beat the piss out of Missouri?

Their level of competition is no better than ours… We played Bama, 11 win UTSA and a full 9 game conference slate. They dodged Georgia and played UMass, Sam Houston, App State and Troy lol.

You're making too much sense

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread