Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

23 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You’re right. We shouldn’t ridicule those responsible. We should just…shut up and let it happen, right? 

You don’t have to drag death camp survivors into it to ridicule Nazis. There are plenty of ways to ridicule A&M without this.

Even if Fisher is an amoral shitbag, one would think he saw what happened to Briles and not put multigenerational wealth at risk over this, even if for no other reason than self-preservation. 

2 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

You don’t have to drag death camp survivors into it to ridicule Nazis. There are plenty of ways to ridicule A&M without this.

Even if Fisher is an amoral shitbag, one would think he saw what happened to Briles and not put multigenerational wealth at risk over this, even if for no other reason than self-preservation. 

You’re right. It’s better to ridicule the nazis while not being hung up the mass extermination of the Jews. Better to not bring it up or acknowledge that at all. Because that would be too much for the victims to bear. Not the, you know, death camps. When you put it that way, it’s actually kind of really odd that Jewish people get upset with Holocaust Denial. 

briles is still rich AF. Shit he might have made money by suing Baylor for wrongful termination since it was all pinned on the school and not him. The only risk to fisher is if the girls sue him directly and win or settle out. He already has generational wealth. 

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

You’re right. It’s better to ridicule the nazis while not being hung up the mass extermination of the Jews. Better to not bring it up or acknowledge that at all. Because that would be too much for the victims to bear. Not the, you know, death camps. When you put it that way, it’s actually kind of really odd that Jewish people get upset with Holocaust Denial. 

briles is still rich AF. Shit he might have made money by suing Baylor for wrongful termination since it was all pinned on the school and not him. The only risk to fisher is if the girls sue him directly and win or settle out. He already has generational wealth. 

If you don’t understand that one can take the crimes seriously and not making a throwaway joke in a thread title on a public forum — and you seem not to — have at it, because you’re beyond reason.

• Hook 'Em 5

33 minutes ago, Doc Daneeka said:

If you don’t understand that one can take the crimes seriously and not making a throwaway joke in a thread title on a public forum — and you seem not to — have at it, because you’re beyond reason.

Throwaway joke? I dont think the victims are reading surly or give a flying fuck about a thread title. Particularly with the tragedies they have been living with. You know who does read or hear about surly threads? The piece of shit aggies who paid 100 million to subject this culture on their student body. The same ones with a fake code of honor, who claimed to want to raze Baylor when that nightmare became public, and who now might be faced with a similar dilemma at their own school. That’s who gets slapped in the face by shit like this, and those pieces of shit should be made to feel shame in any and every way humanly possible. 

if the thread starters feel differently, they can change the thread title or not. Who gives a shit. Clearly we have different ideas regarding decorum for cultures of rape enablement. You do you, hoss. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

FIFY

They won’t be so glad if it comes with a full on investigation. Cover ups at that level require systemic failure as well as complicity from multiple school and law enforcement entities, as well as the AD and coach. Remember, Briles was never actually proven to be involved. It was Baylors administration and title 9 offices that really got run over, justifiably. But we all know Briles was complicit.

the first line here would be how many police reports were filed? How many were suppressed? If none were filed, why not? Why are they being filed now? Who talked to the victims before now, etc. there are a fair number of steps that have to be taken before it even makes it to a coach’s desk to do something about it. And THEN comes his culpability. 

If the chain goes all the way to Jimbo in a way that can be directly tied to him, that means they likely have the goods on on the academic administration, campus and/or local cops, etc. basically, if they can fire Jimbo for cause, it’s because the rest of the school has also been caught red handed and they are completely fucked. Lack of institutional control, scholarship reduction, all of it would be likely in play. 

At least that’s what my gut says. Also, this certainly might give new context to Walter Nolan’s tweet. Also, enjoy your fucking decision to stick around Bryce Anderson and Dad. 

Even if all this were the case, which I’m not sure it is if only one player is involved as it seems currently, Baylor paid Art Briles a massive payout to get him to leave without burning the place down, so A&M will still be paying Jimbo a boatload of money regardless. 

The way the TAMU press release states the suspect is known to them, but they're not going to name him, AND that's he's a 20 year old black male, 6'5" and 330 lbs is interesting. It's like, hey girls on campus if you know anyone who meets the approximate description you may want to stay the fuck away. I think any Black male between 6'2" and 6'7" will find themselves under a cloud of suspicion. Ah fuck, let's face it, it's College Station...an even larger cloud of suspicion.

Edited by Chopper

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Even if all this were the case, which I’m not sure it is if only one player is involved as it seems currently, Baylor paid Art Briles a massive payout to get him to leave without burning the place down, so A&M will still be paying Jimbo a boatload of money regardless. 

I agree they’ll be paying one way or the other. And while it’s one player so far, if the 15 number is true then I don’t think it matters if it was just one guy, because it means there had to be some kind of cover up. 

Obviously all of this is speculation. 

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

Baylor was religiously inclined to blame the victim and actually did so for decades. Were you drinking? Were you off campus? Those are rules violations, so we'll give you a break and only put you on probation instead of expelling your slutty ass. It'd be a different story if you were dancing!

Those sorry fucks were aligned top to bottom. As much as I dislike their pretenses of honor, I think they operate at a higher level than Baylor. If there's a conspiracy of silence, it will be easier to crack than at Baylor.

A&M's other problem is that they are a public university. It will be harder to hide.

Still, look at what little if anything happened to Baylor. It's just women, who really cares?

Despicable. 

Getting heavy here in Flat Circle Jerk. Seems incongruous to the spirit of the thread.

I wonder who aggy got to replace Rusty Thompson?  That was one ruthless son of a bitch when it came to fixing shit for aggy.  If he was still alive, I doubt that this would even have made the papers.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Also, not going to lie. When I had only seen “rape” and “OL”, I thought Max Wright was (allegedly) reliving some of his high school days.   That all kinda went away real neat like and in a hurry, too. 

If you had the opportunity to obtain a Master's degree in ...uh...Land and Property Development from THE Texas A&M University, you'd be in a hurry too.

He's also a major piece of their championship aspirations!

In 2022, Wright had nine catches for 129 yards and a touchdown, which came in the Aggies' 30-24 loss to South Carolina.

Translation: if Wright were still on the OL aggie would probably be looking for ways to pin the rapes on him.

Edited by Chopper

10 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Translation: if Wright were still on the OL aggie would probably be looking for ways to pin the rapes on him.

Yeah I knew he had moved over to TE, but figured maybe they still report him as an OL.  Didn’t think there would be several alleged serial rapists along the line. 

• Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

When was he ever an OL?  Thought he went from DE to TE. 

My bad. Yeah you right.  All I really remember is he was going to be the missing piece, has questionable lifting techniques, and allegedly liked to take things in high school.  Maybe subconsciously I was loling at his pass catching TE abilities and penciled him in as another lineman in my gray matter. 

1 minute ago, Poolflood said:

And maybe I'm too sensitive to this.  Have a 17 yr old daughter (fuck everybody, no pics) choosing a university.  By "watch the rape" you're watching a victim.  Fuck this.  We're better than that.

I disagree. I’m not watching a victim. I’m watching the piece of shit culture that enabled a serial rapist to victimize a bunch of young women. also, while message boards aren’t likely the first line of parental research, who knows where Pete to look. Additional awareness can never hurt. As another poster showed with a screen grab, there apparently aren’t discussing it over there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I disagree. I’m not watching a victim. I’m watching the piece of shit culture that enabled a serial rapist to victimize a bunch of young women. also, while message boards aren’t likely the first line of parental research, who knows where Pete to look. Additional awareness can never hurt. As another poster showed with a screen grab, there apparently aren’t discussing it over there. 

Don't disagree it's a shit culture.   Just saying "watch the rape" when talking about actual rapes is a beyond the pale.  THEY ARE ACTUAL VICTIMS.  No, they, nor their families, aren't visiting this site.  Let's be better.

3 hours ago, Poolflood said:

Changing to "Watch The Rape" is too far.  No, dickstick, we shouldn't shut up and let it happen.

You new around here? Because your comment implies that surly has "boundaries" or "limits".

Edited by Mikey4
  • Haha 1

Spoiler

I usually assume that suggestions for title change are just garden-variety Surly jokes. The offensive part of the joke is not that it is on Surly or that it could be on a thread name. Here, let's face it, one can find wishes that people die, jokes about killing hookers (against whom violence is a serious and widespread problem-- no joke), jokes about marriage-wrecking, jokes about pretty much anything bad, good, or in between-- including many about sexual violence. The offensive part of the joke is that it contains some truth. I don't think Surly wants to put the word RAPE on its digital masthead, but I'm with Sydney as far as saying that if there is a place to express our outrage at rape in the form of a joke at aggy's expense, Surly is it. Good taste has never been this place's forte. I can certainly see the other point of view, though, especially for any Surlyites who have been through sexual assault. Know that y'all are in my prayers.

Spoiler alert: a defense of humor. Don't read it if Sydney's shenanigans trigger you.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

You new around here? Because your comment implies that surly has "boundaries" or "limits".

It does.

Whether including rape in a joke thread title is beyond them is someone else’s call. As a Texas fan, I’d rather not have “hilarious” rape references to ridicule A&M get swept up into that shitshow.  

E10547CD-ACA0-425B-A1BF-2E41FDABE194.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:

Just expressing my preference that I don't want to see "watch the rape" as a thread title on surly when there are women that were raped.  I don't have 10's of thousands of posts but I won't sit back and enjoy it for a throw away joke.   

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Poolflood said:

Just expressing my preference that I don't want to see "watch the rape" as a thread title on surly when there are women that were raped.  I don't have 10's of thousands of posts but I won't sit back and enjoy it for a throw away joke.   

You’re certainly no Clayton Williams, I’ll give you that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

image.png.8b40a8c488d5b002bd9f3aa61a25bf8b.png

spacer.png

Edit to add that I thought Jimbo: Watch the Rape was just a clever play on the Watch the Tape thread. I don't make jokes about rape. Prison rape is not a funny thing to me. I took no offense. Maybe I missed something else.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

Agreed. These thread titles last for years.  I’d MUCH rather aggy not win because they are perennial losers, not because they lost a player due to the suffering of over a dozen coeds.  Fuck this guy, fuck aggy, and fuck rape.   Joke was surlyesque, but not a good look for anything associated with UT. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I don’t think you have a winning argument with your thread title change. It’s an odd hill to try to take, even for you. 

As I’ve stated previously, the thread authors can or cannot change the names as they wish. But I continue reject the idea that renaming a thread is some way disrespectful to any victims. Just as I don’t think “making fun of nazis without referencing the holocaust” is a winning argument. 

Would changing the title of “Jimbo 2024: Harboring Rapists” or “Culture of Rape” be disrespectful to victims? If so, I don’t see how. I’d go with “Rape through the Whistle” but I guess I’m a grim motherfucker who defaults to gallows humor. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

Just now, Scholz said:

Cool. You’re definitely virtuous as you’ve signaled.

I’ll also throw in non sequiturs. 

That I don’t want a public Texas forum wrapped up in jokes involving rape isn’t virtue signaling. There’s no upside and it wouldn’t even be a thing if it didn’t rhyme with “tape.” 

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

As I’ve stated previously, the thread authors can or cannot change the names as they wish. But I continue reject the idea that renaming a thread is some way disrespectful to any victims. Just as I don’t think “making fun of nazis without referencing the holocaust” is a winning argument. 

Would changing the title of “Jimbo 2024: Harboring Rapists” or “Culture of Rape” be disrespectful to victims? If so, I don’t see how. I’d go with “Rape through the Whistle” but I guess I’m a grim motherfucker who defaults to gallows humor. 

I don’t care about any of that. I just didn’t think the title change was that funny. 

I am all for changing that other thread title, though. Just to something funny. 

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread