Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Once you have the look they want, they'll try to shoehorn you into all the admissions stuff and get your picture in different spots.

I have a friend who's half-Guatemalan, half-Jewish and one of the most unplaceably "ethnic" looking people you can imagine. Dude was in multiple places in the admissions lookbook every year for six years running.

Damn, bet he didn’t get any of that sweet NIL $$$ though.

It's classic aggy that they fail to realize that an NCAA case against Jimbo is exactly the bailout they need from that fucking idiotic contract.

I refuse to believe that any minor NCAA penalties could do more damage than continuing to pay this staff their guaranteed money while they run the program into the ground.  They need to find cause, and the NCAA could hand it to them on a platter.

Meanwhile their victim mentality prevents them from seeing this as the opportunity that it is, and instead they'll all rally behind Jimbo against the big bad NCAA.

And I'm here for it.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

It's classic aggy that they fail to realize that an NCAA case against Jimbo is exactly the bailout they need from that fucking idiotic contract.

I refuse to believe that any minor NCAA penalties could do more damage than continuing to pay this staff their guaranteed money while they run the program into the ground.  They need to find cause, and the NCAA could hand it to them on a platter.

Meanwhile their victim mentality prevents them from seeing this as the opportunity that it is, and instead they'll all rally behind Jimbo against the big bad NCAA.

And I'm here for it.

Well, they rallied behind white supremacy until they absolutely could not any longer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I found this to be especially precious:

1117713605_ScreenShot2023-01-31at1_15_42PM.png.1b623fc140e4596819ba759bc5d7900c.png

It's not fair that most everyone else moved on from bags to NIL, while they were too stupid to figure out how to do so themselves. 

18 minutes ago, deft said:

I haven’t seen one single TA post that suggests or implies that they even have a clue how NIL works. It’s hilarious.

Give them time. They have to figure out how to spell NIL first. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1. Didn’t one of their assistants get caught on video saying the folks in suites would be giving them cash?

2. LOL at the blue bloods comment and them realizing or not realizing that they’re not one of them. 

3. Ah yea, best to get to Bama early. So if Texas were to win, it’s because they got them at a favorable time of the year (meanwhile the game is… at Bama)

• Hook 'Em 1

10 games in Texas is a weird thing for them to bring up since 1) we have several conference mates in Texas including one extra one for a season and 2) they routinely have 9 games in Texas as they will have 8 home games and arky in Arlington, despite not having a single conference mate in Texas (yet). 

at least our 10 include several road games. 

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

10 games in Texas is a weird thing for them to bring up since 1) we have several conference mates in Texas including one extra one for a season and 2) they routinely have 9 games in Texas as they will have 8 home games and arky in Arlington, despite not having a single conference mate in Texas (yet). 

at least our 10 include several road games. 

You're forgetting they are stupid, and assuming they gave it a second of analysis before typing that. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

A&M shitting on anyone's home slate is funny to me. their home schedule for 2023 is:

• New Mexico
  • ULM
  • Auburn
  • Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Mississippi State
  • ACU

obviously Auburn and Alabama are nice, but New Mexico and ULM were 2 of the 15 worst FBS teams last year. ACU has fewer than 4,000 undergrads and has been a D1 program again for 9 years. South Carolina and Miss St don't really move the needle that much.

also that shitty of an OOC schedule guarantees that Texas has a higher rated SOS across the board.

that has to be one of the worst OOC schedules in the country for next year.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

A&M shitting on anyone's home slate is funny to me. their home schedule for 2023 is:
  • New Mexico
  • ULM
  • Auburn
  • Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Mississippi State
  • ACU
obviously Auburn and Alabama are nice, but New Mexico and ULM were 2 of the 15 worst FBS teams last year. ACU has fewer than 4,000 undergrads and has been a D1 program again for 9 years. South Carolina and Miss St don't really move the needle that much.
also that shitty of an OOC schedule guarantees that Texas has a higher rated SOS across the board.

And yet they’ll wonder why their SOS doesn’t automagically make them a top 25 preseason team
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

wasn't aggy on that bottom 10 site with those 2 for several weeks?

bottom 10 != FEI's bottom 10

A&M was not good last year but still finished in the top 50 based on their defense and an adjustment for opponents.

meanwhile UMass ranked #131 and #121 on offense and defense in FEI. New Mexico was 130/105. ULM was 83/119. Colorado State was 128/86. Colorado was 126/120. Texas State was 125/70

43 minutes ago, NoName said:

• New Mexico
  • ULM
  • Auburn
  • Alabama
  • South Carolina
  • Mississippi State
  • ACU

And I think they still claim changing conferences as the reason for the bad non-con games.  Because going from 8 conference games to 8 conference games was such an upheaval in scheduling that they had to bring in dregs to play at home just to fill out a schedule, all of 12 years afterward.  But hey, Miami!

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

the school who's coach publicly said their recruits were all because of NIL

Did I miss him about-face on this?  At one point he said no one was paid - just good old fashioned hard work by the good guy coaches.  Then he said after  he did some research, learned only 1 or 2 had NIL deals.   I hadn't seen him change his story again to say all his class was due to NIL. 

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread