Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Guys I was on vacation talking to a 17 year old kid and his family about football.  As a grown ass man I’m not displaying pedophilia traits at all  

That dude not only fantasized about talking to a 17 year old, he likely fantasized about going on vacation to begin with, and that Sark is out there making promises about aspects of his job over which he has no say and no control, like conference and network negotiations. Fucking dorks.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

39129CEE-A48C-42DA-8E1C-F6B52D6A7259.thumb.jpeg.88113c8a45b32586643f904b54c4c9f1.jpeg

Wait…once in the SEC, Arch is going to get “clobbered” by his own name? His overrated name? This isn’t good. 

Are there a lot of Mannings playing defense in the SEC? Maybe that’s the angle.

Those poor, dumb rubes on the staffs at Georgia and Alabama should have a talk with the talent evaluators at Texags.

2 hours ago, Doc Daneeka said:

Do they think Georgia-level defenses come from one class and not stacked depth? Yes. Yes, they do. 

A Georgia level defense is good at all 3 levels not just the DL, and is coordinated by the brainiac love child of Smart and Muschamp.

Edited by HtownHorn

6 minutes ago, Scholz said:

I love how they think they’d blow us out right now. Try beating Sun Belt teams at home first, losers.

I also love their all-knowing advice of SEC football. It’s almost as if they forgot they finished in last place in their division last year.

And the team that held them to the fewest points of the year wasn't an SEC team. Aggy puts way too much stock in kids wanting to play in the SEC. If it was as big of a deal as they make it out to be, the SEC would be ranked 1-14 in recruiting. Missouri ended up behind K-State.

CHIEF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Scholz said:

I love how they think they’d blow us out right now. Try beating Sun Belt teams at home first, losers.

I also love their all-knowing advice of SEC football. It’s almost as if they forgot they finished in last place in their division last year.

Their problem is that they don’t know shit about winning football. They’ve almost never experienced it. It’s a garbage program. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Their problem is that they don’t know shit about winning football. They’ve almost never experienced it. It’s a garbage program. 

excuse you.  they won three big XII titles and three national fucking championships.  do a little research, dipshit.

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, Scholz said:

What makes it even better is that they're the exact same shitty to mediocre team they were from 2000-2011, you know, the time period we went 9-3 against them. Easily could've been 10-2 if Mack played Snead or just fed Jamaal all game in 06. That game still pisses me off. Of course, it was the biggest deal ever for them. After 6 straight losses, 5 of which by 30+ points.  Shit we had no business winning the 2011 game. They were on paper more talented than we were. But of course, they aggy'd it up. Poor aggy

• Hook 'Em 2

"Shit we had no business winning the 2011 game. They were on paper more talented than we were. But of course, they aggy'd it up. Poor aggy"

Of course that is why we all enjoyed Case and his "sprint" down field and the final kick. The gomers tears after that game are still flowing I am sure :)

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

I like how they conveniently forget they buried the lede (and potentially harboring) on a potential serial rapist until after signing day 2. But that’s nothing compared to selling recruits the SEC, which as we all know, is the only thing that matters to a recruit. When can I start in the SEC, that’s it. Cant wait for all those Buckeye and Wolverine playmakers to wake up and portal out when the realize they will never play in the SEC. aggy team going to get all those yankee 5* portals, wake that sleeping giant right the fuck up.  I can feel Saban shaking from here. Hopefully they leave enough room for all the sips they really didn’t want, to realize their mistake and portal over.  They might get to 85 scholarship players after all. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 6

And there are other epistemic reasons why people believe in conspiracy theories as well in relation to this sort of need for knowledge and certainty. So people with lower levels of education tend to be drawn to conspiracy theories. And we don't argue that's because people are not intelligent. It's simply that they haven't been allowed to have, or haven't been given access to the tools to allow them to differentiate between good sources and bad sources or credible sources and non-credible sources. So they're looking for that knowledge and certainty, but not necessarily looking in the right places.

The second set of motives, we would call existential motives. And really they just refer to people's needs to be or to feel safe and secure in the world that they live in. And also to feel that they have some kind of power or autonomy over the things that happen to them as well. So again, when something happens, people don't like to feel powerless. They don't like to feel out of control. And so reaching to conspiracy theories might, I guess, at least allow people to feel that they have information that at least explains why they don't have any control over this situation. Research has shown that people who do feel powerless and disillusioned do tend to gravitate more towards conspiracy theories.

The final set of motives we would call social motives and those refer to people's desire to feel good about themselves as individuals and also feel good about themselves in terms of the groups that they belong to. And I guess at the individual level, people like to feel... Well, they like to have high self-esteem. They like to feel good about themselves. And potentially one way of doing that is to feel that you have access to information that other people don't necessarily have.

https://www.apa.org/news/podcasts/speaking-of-psychology/conspiracy-theories

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 5

21 minutes ago, Chopper said:

add this to the list of things that definitely didn't happen...fucken aggy named 'tiggie' schooling UT grads. Sure, okay.

image.thumb.png.05d320cf26607e808092ed114efd9aa8.png

Who thought they'd win a NC with their incoming class because they money-whipped the best coaching staff in America?

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Deej said:

Who thought they'd win a NC with their incoming class because they money-whipped the best coaching staff in America?

Well aggy money whipped what they consider the best staff in America. And then money whipped a bunch of stars. Pretty sure they are supposed to get to the promised land…next year.    Same as it ever was. 

1 hour ago, Chopper said:

add this to the list of things that definitely didn't happen...fucken aggy named 'tiggie' schooling UT grads. Sure, okay.

image.thumb.png.05d320cf26607e808092ed114efd9aa8.png

I love the small private school stuff about Arch. Every Manning has played at that same small private HS. That is also the only HS I am aware of that has 2 #1 NFL draft picks and 2 Super Bowl winning QBs (Westlake has the rings, but not the #1 draft picks). 

• Hook 'Em 5

They also don’t care that his teammates are all small private school players as well. It’s not IMG playing against nerdy kids all season. He and his band of privateers went up against Many, for fucks sake.  And other good public school programs. And did pretty well against them, for some reason.  Who knows why. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So ol’ tu is sandbagging in the bdf, since they saw that easy path that TCU had to the playoff. How many runs to MNCs did aggy have against that bdf schedule?

Also, tu is skeered of a SECX3 schedule. Outside of Bama and UGA, who exactly is tu supposed to be skeered of?

The only magical season aggy had in the SECX3 is the JFF season. Which was fueled by bdf croots (leaving out the C19 season). 

Their sucking on Bama and UGA’s teats is just so transparent. And they’ve only played UGA what, twice, since making the move?

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

How many from out of state at the same level as “top 50 in Texas?”

manning, Williams, Baxter, Mitchell.  Moore, akana?

I know this was rhetorical, but I was curious.  According to 247, the 50th best player in Texas was #271 in the country.

Manning #1

Williams #48

Baxter #22

Mitchell #204

Moore #101

Akana #125

So, all of them.

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread