Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 minute ago, Treefidy said:

Aggy delusion:  Bjork made it an unwavering condition that the first tu game is played at the tackle box in exchange for agreeing to sign off on expansion and making it unanimous.

Reality:   You WILL sign, it WILL be unanimous, or you can grab your shine box on your way out the door. 

Also, why in the fuck do they all seem to think their Kroger remodel is the best in the country and untouchable?  I guess they don’t get out much?

Bernie Sanders GIF by Team Coco

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Dermdoc is possibly the biggest moron of the bunch. He seems to believe we completed this deal over the last few days because of the rumor that our recruits were set to bail after the report that we wouldn’t be joining until 25, which he also believed. 

You don't need to see Dermdoc's posts to know he's a retard. Just look at his signature and laugh.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FoneqnbXwAgxObU?format=jpg&name=900x900FoneriuX0AIZpgK?format=jpg&name=smallFonesHfWAAIack8?format=jpg&name=medium

Love the sidebar on Arch of "no, I don't think he's good". It's like a nervous tick for them at this point.

Also find their confidence that the 2024 game will be at Kyle Field hilarious. "Our AD pulled it out of his ass, so it must be true!" 

Edited by trythisathome
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I think this guy has it right:

image.png.dc0a2b924361053500fb5819ab99f0e8.png

I read that that was why the game was at Kyle. It had nothing to do with appeasing those idiots.

Another from DermDoc who has an Agtag:

image.png.427d3b65485e73147259333dce9f30ae.png

Imagine thinking that is an insult.

image.png.683ca3d3b4cd3c7883643146ecbc4de7.png

Yea, I was talking to a guy with a monkey, and he said the same thing.

image.png.14b331150800fd514268dc600d511137.png

I think it's great that the SEC now "appreciates" Aggies for all they are. I look forward to Aggies' shrill claims about sinister tu taking over and ruining the SEC over the years.

spacer.png

Actually, I look forward to the response from SEC schools. 

And, huh?

image.png.09a8941fc69bd1fe81bbeba84bd8e2d2.png

The above after a slew of threads saying we're cheaters and will be out cheated.  This example of us cheating is actually a description of playing by the rules. The first sentence indicates how Aggies think NIL is cheating. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

37 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

It’s hilarious that after years of bashing the Big12 for being irrelevant and clowning our conference schedule, the moment we are leaving Looch now sees it as a conference of interesting teams that will be fun to follow. 

Following is what aggy does best. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, texifornia said:

Underrated weirdo: the guy who's excited about a Big XII scheduling alignment because they might get to play Baylor every year

There is NO QUESTION that they should be playing Texas Tech each year. 

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

The end of the BOMC is nigh

The school that held a press conference last year to announce that they were killing their newspaper at the end of the week (due to it being too open minded for some regents) before pushing the killing of their more-than-a-century-old newspaper until the end of the year is now going to offer a degree in JOURNALISM ?!?!

34 minutes ago, Redneck Mutha said:

"They've never had to deal with as much competition as they're about to face".

We played 4 teams that finished in the top 14 last year.  They played 1.  

The year prior we played 4 top 10 teams, they played 1.

This doesn’t even touch on Men’s Basketball.

Football is the power blender that stirs the drink, but I believe that we are joining the SEC in every single one of our sports, and we are kind of used to competition.

ALSO: I think that the aggy alums who understand what NIL actually is must either post somewhere else or just choose to avoid posting on fansite all-together, because there are alums who don’t sell seed and who don’t sell insurance in Katy, TX.

But the ones who do post about NIL are blithering idiots.

image.png

19 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The school that held a press conference last year to announce that they were killing their newspaper at the end of the week (due to it being too open minded for some regents) before pushing the killing of their more-than-a-century-old newspaper until the end of the year is now going to offer a degree in JOURNALISM ?!?!

Football is the power blender that stirs the drink, but I believe that we are joining the SEC in every single one of our sports, and we are kind of used to competition.

ALSO: I think that the aggy alums who understand what NIL actually is must either post somewhere else or just choose to avoid posting on fansite all-together, because there are alums who don’t sell seed and who don’t sell insurance in Katy, TX.

image.png

Don't forget that 98% of the time they refer to it as NLI. Maybe they really don't know how it works, they can't even get 3 letters right.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

These mother fuckers are hilarious. 2024, third year of a class that lost a shit load of talent in less than 12 calender months. There are still 3 more portal periods before we play them. I don't think that class is going to be as big a factor as they seem to hope.

Not to mention at least one more coaching hiring season where Elijah Robinson could dip as well....that would send some guys to the portal itself.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

The SEC aligns with Texas fans' general "it's a nice way to pass the time between football and baseball season" approach to basketball. Which is fine by me, it's a unbelievably good baseball conference.

I think it's a better baseball conference than football conference. 

I'm super excited for conference play in baseball there.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The SEC aligns with Texas fans' general "it's a nice way to pass the time between football and baseball season" approach to basketball. Which is fine by me, it's an unbelievably good baseball conference.

The conference isn’t “unbelievably” good when you consider the average intellectual curiosity of a typical American baseball player who excels beyond the high school level AND the fact that the season gets going outside about a month or two before the rest of the country (other than California Southern Nevada, & Arizona).

If you actually feel like attending classes in order to pull college girls instead of riding buses from podunk town to podunk town when you’re 18 to 21+, the SEC provides the best Big League amenities for that option. 

I went to dozens of UT basketball games and maybe 2 baseball games, so I’m in the “Football & Basketball are the big two and who cares after that?” category. But I would say that “unbelievably” is the wrong adverb here. I would have chosen “obviously” or “logically” to modify good. 

1 hour ago, tejas60 said:

image.png.e4248813dec6962683a1bf7e4ea0a1d6.png

he needs to go look at their HC's contract.

That for sure. But pretty sure we were going to have to pay $40M to the conference no matter when we left for another league. So we're paying $10M more for leaving a year early, a sum that I would expect we more than make up joining the SEC.

22 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The conference isn’t “unbelievably” good when you consider the average intellectual curiosity of a typical American baseball player who excels beyond the high school level AND the fact that the season gets going outside about a month or two before the rest of the country (other than California Southern Nevada, & Arizona).

If you actually feel like attending classes in order to pull college girls instead of riding buses from podunk town to podunk town when you’re 18 to 21+, the SEC provides the best Big League amenities for that option. 

I went to dozens of UT basketball games and maybe 2 baseball games, so I’m in the “Football & Basketball are the big two and who cares after that?” category. But I would say that “unbelievably” is the wrong adverb here. I would have chosen “obviously” or “logically” to modify good. 

image.thumb.png.2023b1b7db1f64f4c63f132cc8a357cf.png

4/5 of the last champions have come from the SEC.

6/8 CWS teams in 2022 were SEC or future SEC teams, 1 PAC team

image.png.616e5f76c2d14945578e7d185f07cf32.png

2021 4/8 were SEC teams or future SEC teams, 2 were PAC

image.png.0f6bc9e6fe37207fcfe4244df2b9ea60.png

This was 2019

image.thumb.png.e11e7214b8d244f19414afe102290d25.png

Just as football has baseball power has shifted to the south east as well.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

image.png

It's basically our football board so 

Larry Shrug GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I care about all of the sports. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Softball, and on down until you get to Rowing. Watch them all in-person or on tv whenever I can. I think there are a lot of us and it's part of what differentiates Texas, its brand, and its base from most other schools.

That's also a big part of why Texas is the only school to win the Director's Cup besides Stanford over the last, what?, 30-ish years? They have like 10 more sports than us and that didn't get balanced in the scoring formula until 3 years ago and then, suddenly, we've won the last 2 and have a great chance to 3-peat this year. 

I say all of that to say, a lot of people care. You don't have to, but your logic is flawed if you're a fan of the athletic program at Texas overall. 

As it pertains to the move to the SEC, Texas and OU immediately make every single sport better across the conference, and both schools have a chance to absolutely dominate a few of them. Texas in Volleyball and Rowing (Hey, Bama rows too, so there's that) and OU in Softball. Both schools will be competing at the top of the conference year in and year out in Baseball, Softball and Women's Basketball. Texas will compete at the top of the conference in every sport except Women's Soccer and, until proven otherwise, Football. I can say that because Texas wins national titles in most of the other sports and each one is a top 10 national program. 

Off topic, but whatever. What is the deal with women's soccer being so mediocre for so long? It makes no sense.

I guess they finally won at least a share of the conference last year, but how's that coach stuck around forever without winning it before?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Off topic, but whatever. What is the deal with women's soccer being so mediocre for so long? It makes no sense.

I guess they finally won at least a share of the conference last year, but how's that coach stuck around forever without winning it before?

I have a point of view on it that would be unproductive to articulate, probably, so I'll keep it light. I've heard WS discussed as a program firsthand and, well, it doesn't seem like the effort in firing Kelly and the internal fighting it would create is worth it. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I care about all of the sports. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Volleyball, Softball, and on down until you get to Rowing. Watch them all in-person or on tv whenever I can. I think there are a lot of us and it's part of what differentiates Texas, its brand, and its base from most other schools.

That's also a big part of why Texas is the only school to win the Director's Cup besides Stanford over the last, what?, 30-ish years? They have like 10 more sports than us and that didn't get balanced in the scoring formula until 3 years ago and then, suddenly, we've won the last 2 and have a great chance to 3-peat this year. 

I say all of that to say, a lot of people care. You don't have to, but your logic is flawed if you're a fan of the athletic program at Texas overall. 

As it pertains to the move to the SEC, Texas and OU immediately make every single sport better across the conference, and both schools have a chance to absolutely dominate a few of them. Texas in Volleyball and Rowing (Hey, Bama rows too, so there's that) and OU in Softball. Both schools will be competing at the top of the conference year in and year out in Baseball, Softball and Women's Basketball. Texas will compete at the top of the conference in every sport except Women's Soccer and, until proven otherwise, Football. I can say that because Texas wins national titles in most of the other sports and each one is a top 10 national program. 

This. LHN makes it easy to follow whatever sports are in season. I would hope the expanded SEC would move in that direction.

They will get tired of seeing Texas towards the top of all sports all the time and I would expect the rest of the SEC to broaden their support for more sports to be more competitive, which will challenge some of their athletic budgets (football).  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I have a point of view on it that would be unproductive to articulate, probably, so I'll keep it light. I've heard WS discussed as a program firsthand and, well, it doesn't seem like the effort in firing Kelly and the internal fighting it would create is worth it. 

so, Pelosi. got it.

13 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

1) I understand about people caring for baseball, I’m just not one that cares that much about baseball anymore. 

I went to Rangers games in the ‘70s when watching a he bird try to catch the biggest moth in front of the flood lights above your section of the stands was more exciting, and garnered more “oohs” & “awwws” from the fans than the play on the field. 

I attended Nolan Ryan’s last no-hitter and started commenting on his have a no-hitter in the 2nd fucking inning. 

I sat through 4 1/2 hours of the Rangers game 6 loss to St. Louis(?) in a bar in Buenos Aires when they could have won the World Series two or three times that game. 

I’m entitled to not give a shit about baseball anymore. 

2) UT won the 2021 Directors Cup in large part due to Stanford teams not competing in a huge number of sports due to COVID. Perhaps the accounting system helped as well.

3) I rowed for two semesters when the boys and girls were a single club and we had to sell t-shirts and have a BBQ w/ raffle to pay the coach and to rent vans to go to regattas in glamorous places like Clearlake, Texas, Oakridge, Tennessee, and Atlanta, Georgia (where we dined at Souper Salad for our post-regatta season ending blowout meal before driving 15-Pass vans through the night back to Austin).

I have always said that the most I got out of UT was that it gave me an athletic program to support. 

That said… baseball is played outside and most players are morons, so it makes sense that the SEC would be the dominant baseball conference.

#Logic

#BiteMe

1 hour ago, Napoleon said:

image.gif.8d540da234215471a2981c4a243566e9.gif

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

The SEC aligns with Texas fans' general "it's a nice way to pass the time between football and baseball season" approach to basketball. Which is fine by me, it's an unbelievably good baseball conference.

Ehh, I’m an alum who cares about all sports and want us to win in everything we put out on a field, court, diamond, sand, pool, greens, or lake. Basketball is a great sport, not just a way to pass the time. I want to win in that too. the SEC cares about winning regardless of the sport. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

My point of view is that soccer is like the WNBA. All soccer, not just women's soccer. There are a lot of things I care more about than our soccer program. Pigeons on campus are probably one of those things. Haven't spent much time thinking about things that low on my priority list.

If you like fit college girls and athletic legs, NCAA soccer is NOTHING like the WNBA.

Even if you don’t care about the sport, it takes under 2 hours start to finish and you’re not inundated with TV timeouts during each halftime. 

Occasionally one of the girls shows off a sweet move, or crushes a ball from distance, or gets smashed with the ball (or an opponent) and hops back up like she doesn’t mind the rough stuff… and they almost all have ponytails.

If you have even a little bit of perv in you, you should like women’s college soccer. Oh, and although the pants aren’t volleyball shorts, they can be a bit snug on occasion. 

Speaking of, who can we talk to about the softball team going to icy whites, at least pants, with a material that isn’t thicker than a WWI trench coat?

During the NCAA Softball Tournaments, I always pull for the team in white pants, unless Texas is wearing their thick burnt orange pants. 😖 Why can’t they permanently switch to white pants? I would be willing to contribute to the program to make it happen!

7 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

1) I understand about people caring for baseball, I’m just not one that cares that much about baseball anymore. 

I went to Rangers games in the ‘70s when watching a he bird try to catch the biggest moth in front of the flood lights above your section of the stands was more exciting, and garnered more “oohs” & “awwws” from the fans than the play on the field. 

I attended Nolan Ryan’s last no-hitter and started commenting on his have a no-hitter in the 2nd fucking inning. 

I sat through 4 1/2 hours of the Rangers game 6 loss to St. Louis(?) in a bar in Buenos Aires when they could have won the World Series two or three times that game. 

I’m entitled to not give a shit about baseball anymore. 

2) UT won the 2021 Directors Cup in large part due to Stanford teams not competing in a huge number of sports due to COVID. Perhaps the accounting system helped as well.

#Logic

#BiteMe

Oh, Nappy. That's factually incorrect. Did you just decide to pull that premise directly out of your asshole and fling it on here for some reason or read a bad article or something? It's stunning.

#LaughablyWrong

• Hook 'Em 3

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread