Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1) Texas helped aggy get into that AAU. This has been completely whitewashed from their history. 

2) The t shirt thing is bizarre. Blinn has 19k students. All of them are t shirt fans. Blinn students can even take courses at aggy and live on campus. They’ve never understood or acknowledged the glass houses thing. 

• Hook 'Em 4

image.png.77552de54fc6d71cc09116fe4a538647.png

cinema-movies.gif

image.png.bcd2a6a8ca3eb43f026ce180454478ac.png

And they love to think we're entitled. A baby feels less entitled to a tit than the Aggies due to privileges from the SEC.

image.png.8345d4ae8eb46dec04cdc5d542028e79.png

8Tdrops to 5-7 and things staying the same is bad news for us? The most ridiculed, under-achieving team in college football last year was bringing the doom to us? Huh?

Man, the rest of the posts after that are so genuinely stupid that you can't make fun of them. Lying about Texas' attitude about what is coming and pathetically false bravado about their place in the SEC or anywhere outside of College Station and Katy.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

We're also not paying $100M. Most of that money is withheld payouts, not writing a check. Or at least that's the last I read about it

The amount is $50M per school, as currently forecasted, based on last year's revenue, just to be clear. Contractually Texas alone was on the hook for $135M (85M to B12 and 50M to Fox). That was negotiated down to 37 cents on the dollar. Okie had the same obligation. ESPN picks up some compensation from us in the trade because they're negotiating/compensating the b12.

It's not like I've read the contract but as has been described, Texas is taking a haircut in the final year's payment from the B12, and a haircut from the SEC in the first 2 years, based on SEC's current media income.  That income does not include compensation from ESPN to the SEC for a 9 game schedule -- it's based on only 8 conference games. It also doesn't include income from ESPN for a second SEC cable network. Assuming a 9th conference game, and assuming a second SEC cable network to handle all the new live sports inventory, there would be additional compensation to all SEC teams, of which Texas would get a full share. It's not clear yet how much of the $50M will an actual loss but it should be significantly less than what was initially announced.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, Mr. Drummond said:

They know we are walking in day one with more power than they have been able to garner and it pisses them off.    Will we run the conference? Of course not.   But we will be at the big boy table immediately.     That’s not arrogance Billie, it’s just the way the world works.   

We get a seat at the adult table because we act like adults. 

as demonstrated routinely, aggy only thinks in terms of themselves, even when the discussion is what’s best for the conference. 

that’s what being a child sounds like.  So the kiddie table has a place for them. 

image.png

see?  It’s good for the conference, of whicbywe are members, but bad for us so it shouldn’t happen. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Scheiss Meister said:

The t-shirt fans annoy them because they (t-shirt fans) are not affiliated with either school directly, and thus choose Texas over aggy purely on unbiased merit.  Every Texas t-shirt fan is an explicit reminder that Texas is seen as superior to aggy by the majority of people, which hurts their little feelings all to hell.  Poooor aggys.

Which is hilarious, because aggy has a ton of t-shirt fans that went to aggy system schools. But because they can get “aggy rings,” they claim the mothership. 

• Hook 'Em 3

The t-shirt fan thing always amazes me. I guess you can pull that when your university accepts anyone with a pulse. UT is extremely hard to get into these days and just because you couldn't get in doesn't mean you can't be a fan.
It always astounds me how they think being popular among people who attended elsewhere or not at all is somehow a BAD thing. Does aggy even have a college of business?
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I don’t like to think of it that we’re paying $100 million to go to the sec early. I like to think of it that we’re paying $100 million to never go back to Waco. 

8 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

We're also not paying $100M. Most of that money is withheld payouts, not writing a check. Or at least that's the last I read about it

These fuckwads forget about OU bc of their obession.  $50 million for each school, you fucking dipshits.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 2/11/2023 at 11:44 AM, Hook1997 said:

This is a troll right?  Who follows a team around to every game because their kid is in the band?

A64C7BF2-AFD5-49BC-94B1-6D03177E2383.jpeg

100% that has to be a troll.

unique username to TexAgs? yup.

GaTech "grad" who takes the username "RamblinAggie"? lol

they also posted this, which is hilarious on a million levels

image.png.9f71fb75f2dbe1231edeec83364bfd19.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

21 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

We are paying half of that.  OU the other half.  And we had to pay regardless of if we left in 2024 or 2025.  There was an exit penalty either way.

Liucci is a dipshit.

• Hook 'Em 5

These rubes see us as the Cardinal Richelieu of the SEC for Greg Sankey. It's currently an alliance of a few powerful nobles and a bunch of lesser lords. We're going to come in, consolidate power by influencing the commissioner and having virtual control over all critical decisions made going forward, from moving the offices of the conference westward, along with media days, to how scheduling will work and who gets what media coverage. They're terrified of the notion. I find it humorous, if totally ridiculous.

Everyone involved with UT sports has some level of fatigue over the nature of the school's relationship to the Big 12 and its exit. There aren't a bunch of idiots chomping at the bit to run in and attempt to absurdly big dick an already healthy and happy conference. Texas very much likes the idea that there are already other programs that carry their own weight. If OU can get on firmer financial footing with the move, that will add another one. It makes the low hum of constant whining and entitlement from the less prominent schools not pulling their own weight, like Texas A&M and Missouri, much easier to manage or ignore.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

These rubes see us as the Cardinal Richelieu of the SEC for Greg Sankey. It's currently an alliance of a few powerful nobles and a bunch of lesser lords. We're going to come in, consolidate power by influencing the commissioner and having virtual control over all critical decisions made going forward, from moving the offices of the conference westward, along with media days, to how scheduling will work and who gets what media coverage. They're terrified of the notion. I find it humorous, if totally ridiculous.

Everyone involved with UT sports has some level of fatigue over the nature of the school's relationship to the Big 12 and its exit. There aren't a bunch of idiots chomping at the bit to run in and attempt to absurdly big dick an already healthy and happy conference. Texas very much likes the idea that there are already other programs that carry their own weight. If OU can get on firmer financial footing with the move, that will add another one. It makes the low hum of constant whining and entitlement from the less prominent schools not pulling their own weight, like Texas A&M and Missouri, much easier to manage or ignore.

Holy shit! You're the guy a buddy of an Aggie knows who is close to the program and says stuff like:

We're going to come in, consolidate power by influencing the commissioner and having virtual control over all critical decisions made going forward, from moving the offices of the conference westward, along with media days, to how scheduling will work and who gets what media coverage.

Actually, somebody on Texags will quote this and it will become gospel. Thou art their prophet.

17 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I honestly prefer the aggie version of this where we infiltrate the SEC and singlehandedly destroy the entire conference. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

image.png.b17cfbe1227ee2dc4b57e6ccfa00edcd.png

This... is... absolutely.. marvelous. Texas using the NCAA to attack NIL, when we are on the forefront of legitimate NIL. Those idiots still have no idea what real NIL is. 

Scared to death UT will attack *their* version of NIL.  Good.  Fuck your bagmen, aggy.  Show us the power of your sunflower and sausage money.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Champing* at the bit.

They're synonymous and either term can be used, and champing is far less common use these days. Are we in England? Is this the BBC?

You're post is akin to:

-When ordering a vodka martini at some hipster bar and the pompous bartender gets pedantic and attempts to explain that martinis are only made with gin. I know the history motherfucker, and this isn't 1930. Now stop waxing your fucking handlebar mustache you dawdling fuck and make my drink.

-When some boomer or Gen X-er futilely attempts to correct a self-loathing and entitled Gen Z-er of the proper use of the word "literally".

-When didactic accountants, lawyers and engineers on this forum start up about the term and capilalization of the word "Edge/E/EDGE/Defensive End/3-4 Outside LBer". @Huckleberry

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

They're synonymous and either term can be used, and champing is far less common use these days. Are we in England? Is this the BBC?

You're post is akin to:

-When ordering a vodka martini at some hipster bar and the pompous bartender gets pedantic and attempts to explain that martinis are only made with gin. I know the history motherfucker, and this isn't 1930. Now stop waxing your fucking handlebar mustache you dawdling fuck and make my drink.

-When some boomer or Gen X-er futilely attempts to correct a self-loathing and entitled Gen Z-er of the proper use of the word "literally".

-When didactic accountants, lawyers and engineers on this forum start up about the term and capilalization of the word "Edge/E/EDGE/Defensive End/3-4 Outside LBer". @Huckleberry

literally

38 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Right? We need to own this shit and then insist that we be introduced at SEC media days like a Game of Thrones character. The University of Texas, First of Its Name, Sipper of Tea, the Orange Burnt, Father of Realignment, Destroyer of Conferences, Breaker of Grants of Rights, Controller of Media, Puppet Master of the NCAA and King of NIL. 

Long may he reign.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

You're post is akin to:

May I direct you to the "chili w/o beans" thread, or perhaps we can have a discussion on the merits of chicken and/or shrimp fajitas?

• Like 1

I can handle being lumped in with lawyers, but engineers?  You go too far, sir.  Fk those "smart" morons.  

• Like 1

I just told my brother (an accountant by trade) not 30 minutes ago to shut up about taxes because that shit bores me to death. 
I even dropped out of the night accounting class he was teaching at ACC 50 years ago because my eyes were glazing over worse than a Krispy Kreme donut.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

56 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I just told my brother (an accountant by trade) not 30 minutes ago to shut up about taxes because that shit bores me to death. 
I even dropped out of the night accounting class he was teaching at ACC 50 years ago because my eyes were glazing over worse than a Krispy Kreme donut.

Tried the accounting thing in college back in '76. By the end of the 2nd semester I was ready to gouge my eyes and ears out with welding rods.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread