Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

10 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

A great example of living in a bubble. Just because your own fan base hypes every backup QB as the next Heisman trophy winner does not mean other fan bases do the same. The last QB we were hyping for the Heisman was Colt. Fuck aggy other than when they are feeding us tears.

I will admit, after Jerrod Heard's first game, I thought he was the next coming of Vince Young.  Shows you how well I can evaluate QB talent.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

A great example of living in a bubble. Just because your own fan base hypes every backup QB as the next Heisman trophy winner does not mean other fan bases do the same. The last QB we were hyping for the Heisman was Colt. Fuck aggy other than when they are feeding us tears.

Oh I don't know, don't underestimate how braindead our other boards can be.

19 hours ago, texifornia said:

Oh I don't know, don't underestimate how braindead our other boards can be.

19 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

I will admit, after Jerrod Heard's first game, I thought he was the next coming of Vince Young.  Shows you how well I can evaluate QB talent.

• Haha 2

Ewers was dicing up Alabama before they assassinated him. His effort against OU was also quite promising. Aggies talk like he's absolutely unproven when the fact is that he is just inconsistent so far. He surely threw well enough to win the bowl game.

Of course, they break yet another selfawarenessometer with this:

image.png.c4c8dbe6cfc88d34a844e02419933ae8.png

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 2
  • Haha 5

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The only QB they've had that's comparable to Simms is Manziel. Simms burned their sorry asses to the ground.

That was one dude I am glad we dodged. At the time he was on the scene, the program rot around Mack had reached the point of no return. His Heisman season with Mike Evans and that OLine, I think we would have gotten ran off the field.  

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Ewers was dicing up Alabama before they assassinated him. His effort against OU was also quite promising. Aggies talk like he's absolutely unproven when the fact is that he is just inconsistent so far. He surely threw well enough to win the bowl game.

Of course, they break yet another selfawarenessometer with this:

image.png.c4c8dbe6cfc88d34a844e02419933ae8.png

Never mind that we played solid football down the stretch outside of the TCU game. 

50 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

That was one dude I am glad we dodged. At the time he was on the scene, the program rot around Mack had reached the point of no return. His Heisman season with Mike Evans and that OLine, I think we would have gotten ran off the field.  

Hard to say. Big 12 schools at the time had lighter and quicker defenses that would have been able to run around with him better than SEC heavy defenses.

But you're probably right. Aggy has won 100% of games that were never played.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FqueFV_aIAAiX5Q?format=jpg&name=medium

Ah yes, the exhaustive and voluminous research he's done on private school athletic talent in the state of Louisiana. I'm sure some intellectually honest denizen of Texags will ask him about his sources and evaluation methods. 

Someone remind me when Odell Beckham Jr went to Isadore Newman? I can't put my finger on it, but I don't FEEL like it was around 1993. Maybe if I had that twats exhaustive research at my fingertips I could figure out the answer to that question. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

10 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Ah yes, the exhaustive and voluminous research he's done on private school athletic talent in the state of Louisiana. I'm sure some intellectually honest denizen of Texags will ask him about his sources and evaluation methods. 

Someone remind me when Odell Beckham Jr went to Isadore Newman? I can't put my finger on it, but I don't FEEL like it was around 1993. Maybe if I had that twats exhaustive research at my fingertips I could figure out the answer to that question. 

I bet Daddy98 has all the stats and tape, if needed.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, UncleSonny said:

This has always made me laugh about that year. It was their first year in the SEC, their roster was full of players recruited by Sherman and they were running an Air Raid offense coached by KK. The most success they ever had in the SEC was when they were the most like a Big12 team. 

It's also laughable to think they would have done better in the Big 12.  Their defense benefitted from playing the run, run, pass plodding offenses of the SEC.  They played two spread teams and their defense absolutely got torched by both.  They gave up 57 to Louisiana Tech.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

You don't need to prove the common knowledge, Sid.

image.png.7c81e52a6221e882dc5966c5d642fa6a.png

Oh, and,

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

he said CB's and LB's ya stoopid sip

11 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I’ll agree Newman’s district sucks, but Arch balled out in out of district and playoff games. 

I don’t think he did all that great vs Many or ULab but that’s a bit of a mismatch since his teammates are 2a level players whether they are playing some other little private prep school or lsu high. 

4 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

This has always made me laugh about that year. It was their first year in the SEC, their roster was full of players recruited by Sherman and they were running an Air Raid offense coached by KK. The most success they ever had in the SEC was when they were the most like a Big12 team. 

image.gif.ce93b1efc316c1e464396ba7318d3ce5.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Josh Pate seems to have figured it out. aggie football s the ultimate click bait content.

1. Write a few preseason articles about how good they are going to be and the article will get clicked and sent to every other aggie they know. This gets you immediate clicks and it makes a know commodity to aggie fans for the follow up......

2. Write up a new article once the aggies have played the three sisters of the poor in September and are undefeated and those aggie fans will be clicking all up on your shit. Retweeting everything you say.

3. When the wheels of the aggie season eventually fall off in October, you get the dead cat bounce of clicks when the opposing fans come click your earlier article to remind you how terrible your prediction was.

4. Near the end of the season, write another article about how badly they underperformed against expectations and the aggie fans click it to lament and the opposing fans eat it up.

5. Profit????

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 4

Their narrative about Arch is similar to the narrative around Bijan for the first 2 years. Played terrible competition in high school, super overrated and overhyped, just wait until he makes it to P5 competition, high rank due to BOMC, etc. Now it's a miracle we didn't ruin Bijan, who was obviously a first round NFL ready guy as a senior in high school.

• Hook 'Em 5

Is there any fanbase anywhere more hyper sensitive to every mention (poz or neg) by one of the national talking heads? Pate knows which teams generate the views even when there isn't much to talk about, and he knows every aggy in the country will give him a pat on the back simply for mentioning aggy without being overly negative. Easy money

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread