Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

4 hours ago, Deej said:

Still tap dancing around it.

I mean, we all know he’s lying. But it would almost be better if he were telling the truth. If so, he just copped to being completely ignorant about his players and the dynamic in the locker room. 

He has no control over injuries either (well,  Some, I guess), so I suppose there is no reason to pay any attention to them, right?

For some reason I started thinking about Jimbo's insistence that offenses are basically the same where "an out is still and out and a corner is a corner."

He's actually talking about two different things. He's right that plays are basically the same no matter the offense with the exception of option attacks. He's wrong or disengenuous when saying that offenses are the same because they all use the same plays. 

Football offense is strategic where plays are tactical. You all know this. Maybe even some Aggies know this. Jimbo is practicing ego-defense with an absurd rationalization. That bodes poorly for Aggie football but very sweetly for this board.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

I watched his press conference. It sounded just like every one of his post game press conferences from last year: hyper defensive, condescending, bullying, borderline incoherent, tangential, warp speed stream of consciousness deluge of cliches. I think my favorite part was when he told the press to go watch film. He's beyond lucky to have such a cadre of media lap dogs there. They were throwing him softballs and he was still defensive as hell. I can't imagine how bad he would be if he had to deal with a real, combative media that would hold his feet to the fire.

• Hook 'Em 1

51 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I watched his press conference. It sounded just like every one of his post game press conferences from last year: hyper defensive, condescending, bullying, borderline incoherent, tangential, warp speed stream of consciousness deluge of cliches. I think my favorite part was when he told the press to go watch film. He's beyond lucky to have such a cadre of media lap dogs there. They were throwing him softballs and he was still defensive as hell. I can't imagine how bad he would be if he had to deal with a real, combative media that would hold his feet to the fire.

I saw it too, his opening statement was easily the most generic laundry list of coach speak he could come up with and then he jumped on the first reporter to ask him a question before the guy even finished his statement. If I were a beat writer I would start trying to skewer that little shit. 

• Haha 1

It feels like they have already decided they hate him, but Sharp and Looch haven't given the green light to publicly admonish him yet. So the fans are just waiting on orders from the top down on when to start being negative.

I'd guess by Mid October Jimbo will be the most hated man in College Station.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Orange&White said:

It feels like they have already decided they hate him, but Sharp and Looch haven't given the green light to publicly admonish him yet. So the fans are just waiting on orders from the top down on when to start being negative.

I'd guess by Mid October Jimbo will be the most hated man in College Station.

I'm thinking they'll have at least three losses by then, and several yet to come. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Guys we need to help boost the morale of the Aggies.  Them becoming depressed this early in the year might ruin one of the best times of year. Watching how al ltheir puffery, back slapping, and SEC capability transference normally builds from this point. Month by Month, the hype usually continues.  The victories over little sisters of the poor, and close wins or moral victory close losses build to a crescendo where Aggie hope peaks.

Then October arrives and Aggie predictably shits the bed and all the hopes and dreams are dashed!  THIS my friends is one of my favorite times of year, when Reality rears its ugly head in Aggieland.

If the dipshits can't get great delusions of grandeur going between now and the start of the season, the October reality let down will be... sort of disappointing. As the Ags facing reality this early in the process just isn't as fucking fun to laugh at!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I think jimbo is trying his best to shape a narrative on offense that it’s cooperative at minimum, so petrino doesn’t get all of the credit if the offense is good/improved. 

That is a losing battle. Gary got all the credit when our defense was good and PK got all the blame when it was bad this past season and Gary was just an analyst.

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, horn4life said:

Guys we need to help boost the morale of the Aggies.  Them becoming depressed this early in the year might ruin one of the best times of year. Watching how al ltheir puffery, back slapping, and SEC capability transference normally builds from this point. Month by Month, the hype usually continues.  The victories over little sisters of the poor, and close wins or moral victory close losses build to a crescendo where Aggie hope peaks.

Then October arrives and Aggie predictably shits the bed and all the hopes and dreams are dashed!  THIS my friends is one of my favorite times of year, when Reality rears its ugly head in Aggieland.

If the dipshits can't get great delusions of grandeur going between now and the start of the season, the October reality let down will be... sort of disappointing. As the Ags facing reality this early in the process just isn't as fucking fun to laugh at!

Relax. There is no need to do anything now.

Late July/Early August they will be punching their ticket to Atlanta and the CFP regardless of everything that happens between now and then.

Content is king.

image.png.6894e7f0f440a354b8a84f94358ef63d.png

You know you're aggy when you can't handle a question at your own press conference from a full-time fluffer like Olin Buchanan.

How many of those imbeciles attach that tag to their posts?

afaf

----

Nothing expressed in this post constitutes legal advice. If you are in need of legal advice, or you may be in need of legal advice, whether you are aware of it or not, you are encouraged to directly contact an attorney. Some say Chaturbate dot com is a particularly useful site for contacting under-employed attorneys.

Further, the views and opinions included in this post belong to their author and do not necessarily mirror the views and opinions of the company. Our employees are obliged to refrain from writing any defamatory clauses, and may not infringe, or authorize infringement of any legal right. Therefore, the company will not accept any liability for such statements included in message board posts. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, employees are fully responsible for the content of their Surly posts.

2 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Content is king.

image.png.6894e7f0f440a354b8a84f94358ef63d.png

You know you're aggy when you can't handle a question at your own press conference from a full-time fluffer like Olin Buchanan.

How many of those imbeciles attach that tag to their posts?

afaf

----

Nothing expressed in this post constitutes legal advice. If you are in need of legal advice, or you may be in need of legal advice, whether you are aware of it or not, you are encouraged to directly contact an attorney. Some say Chaturbate dot com is a particularly useful site for contacting under-employed attorneys.

Further, the views and opinions included in this post belong to their author and do not necessarily mirror the views and opinions of the company. Our employees are obliged to refrain from writing any defamatory clauses, and may not infringe, or authorize infringement of any legal right. Therefore, the company will not accept any liability for such statements included in message board posts. In case of any damages or other liabilities arising, employees are fully responsible for the content of their Surly posts.

A møøse once bit my sister…

Fify

• Haha 1

Someday, in the not too distant future, weigman or one of the offensive starters is going to ask Jimbo a simple question and Jimbo will respond angrily with, “what are asking me for, apparently I don’t know anything about offense.  Maybe you should go ask John fucking Sharp!  He’s considers himself an offensive genius!”.  Then the walls will come crumbling down around aggy football.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 2

56 minutes ago, Here’s the deal said:

Someday, in the not too distant future, weigman or one of the offensive starters is going to ask Jimbo a simple question and Jimbo will respond angrily with, “what are asking me for, apparently I don’t know anything about offense.  Maybe you should go ask John fucking Sharp!  He’s considers himself an offensive genius!”.  Then the walls will come crumbling down around aggy football.

Walrus Yes GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/21/2023 at 1:38 AM, Deej said:

He's already setting the players up to take the blame. 

"Scheme doesn't matter. It all comes down to execution."

The rest of that team will be looking to portal.

That sounds like what Herman started spouting in his later years, after his stop at Ohio State.  It baffled me as the very reason Herman even made it to tOSU was that he made his mark at places like Sam Houston by being good at the scheme and play-calling.  He then changed his tune to be more run/pro offense heavy but somehow never learned you can't do that shit without tOSU or Bama size/fast players.  Moron.   

• Hook 'Em 1

I haven’t seen any of them discuss the other eyebrow raising part of the press conference which was when Jimbo seemed frustrated by how quickly the job of a head coach has changed over the last couple of years. He sounded unwilling to understand and meet the new challenges and it seems like a bigger sign that the end is near than the offense question chafing.

Their sudden recruiting nosedive and head scratching lack of portal activity along with the seemingly genuine cluelessness of how to even talk about NIL combined with Jimbo’s bristling about how the job has changed are major red flags for ags 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

On 3/21/2023 at 9:20 AM, Mitch Cumsteen said:

This asshole makes $9 million dollars a year…..and he sits and whines about being questioned about his program!  Gimme a break…and yes, as one commenter mentioned, it was a pissy press conference….Jimbo can hire Petrino or whoever he wants…but, it’s apparent that Jimbo ain’t changing nuttin’!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

This asshole makes $9 million dollars a year…..and he sits and whines about being questioned about his program!  Gimme a break…and yes, as one commenter mentioned, it was a pissy press conference….Jimbo can hire Petrino or whoever he wants…but, it’s apparent that Jimbo ain’t changing nuttin’!

It's clear at this point that Jimbo didn't want Bobby, didn't hire Bobby, and doesn't intend to let Bobby call plays. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

15 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Over.

Unless some desperate P5 comes calling after this season. That would of course say the aggies had a good season offensively. Which they won’t with that line.

And that brings me back to believing in the over.

Anybody have any insight on BP's contract?  If the Aggies held to form, they gave him a three year fully guaranteed contract,  which means he can go scorched earth with Jimbo from the get-go.  In addition to the greatness of open sideline warfare,  it might be the under if the brain trust decides one or the other has to go. 

• Drool 1

5 hours ago, markstanco said:

Over.

Unless some desperate P5 comes calling after this season. That would of course say the aggies had a good season offensively. Which they won’t with that line.

And that brings me back to believing in the over.

I'm gonna swing for the fences on this prognostication. I feel BP will be able to convince aggy that Jimbo can't adapt, and can Jimbo as soon as economically possible. He will be the interim coach, and convince them to hire him as the replacement. He will be better than Jimbo, but not enough to ever get them to the CFP.

CHIEF

Edited by CHIEF
  • Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread