Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FsO73zGXsAw2yDp?format=jpg&name=mediumFsO74LfX0AMJZYQ?format=jpg&name=mediumFsO74hiXsAAYCSN?format=jpg&name=mediumFsO742bXoAEU3KE?format=jpg&name=mediumFsO76oLX0AEO8VN?format=jpg&name=mediumFsO76-9XoAATvwk?format=jpg&name=mediumFsO77UoWAAADDQE?format=jpg&name=mediumFsO77rtXoAE8-bC?format=jpg&name=mediumFsO8ASQX0AQX4xc?format=jpg&name=mediumFsO8Ar3X0AASdxn?format=jpg&name=mediumFsO8BCeXoAE6cxp?format=jpg&name=mediumFsO8BWpX0AIjuJ3?format=jpg&name=medium

"gag on the cock of opportunity" is a new one. I'm trying to understand how that gets framed up in the first place. 

Those are great screenshots. They truly do not realize that their focus on hatred of others versus focusing on their own pursuit of excellence is why they're never excellent at anything in the first place. 

Our rivalry is the college sports version of the Road Runner versus Wile E. Coyote. They're always just about to "get" us and then the footing falls out from underneath them. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

"gag on the cock of opportunity" is a new one. I'm trying to understand how that gets framed up in the first place. 

Those are great screenshots. They truly do not realize that their focus on hatred of others versus focusing on their own pursuit of excellence is why they're never excellent at anything in the first place. 

Our rivalry is the college sports version of the Road Runner versus Wile E. Coyote. They're always just about to "get" us and then the footing falls out from underneath them. 

FERB YOUR ENTHUSIASM (7) – HILOBROW

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

"They truly do not realize that their focus on hatred of others versus focusing on their own pursuit of excellence is why they're never excellent at anything in the first place. 

image.thumb.png.d3bb5809d6ecb2981cd1e0cda3b6f44a.png

They constantly spew hatred but somehow believe that being nice is the aggie brand.

Stick Around Bob Ross GIF by Originals

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.4694e4bd94aecd0cda36bf1985886c19.png

1. Good father!

2. Shit father!

image.png.2831b95ea0233c1d5c135b0a7929fbd6.png

We're not yelling loud enough to win championships! We have the talent and the coach; we just need to be more positive as fans.

image.png.efd3dc62eb7ce953edaf5e7d4d253821.png

Oh, something's blowing alright.

I love how on their boards you can't post shit, fuck, asshole but somehow hate speech is completely OK and accepted.  While that gets thrown around on this board, it's all in jest not actual malice.  If someone does do that shit around here, they're generally properly chastised 

Edited by JesusSweatDuck
typo
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FsPyvbfWwA4jnLA?format=jpg&name=mediumFsPyvzCWwAkvzC_?format=jpg&name=mediumFsPywM8WwAM1NPm?format=jpg&name=mediumFsPywlzWwBMm-jq?format=jpg&name=mediumFsPyy4rWwCoJRs0?format=jpg&name=mediumFsPyzU8WwAAnWia?format=jpg&name=mediumFsPyzsWWwB446Tw?format=jpg&name=mediumFsPy0CpWwCc_5X9?format=jpg&name=medium

Some of my favorite things about the aggie posts are in these posts. Thanks to you guys for providing them.

I love it when they prophesize about where things will go directionally with the media and SEC while completely being blind to understand why it will happen. The SEC will end up propagandizing Texas because ... they're jealous of ATM's ??? what? Success? No. "Resources"? No. No real idea why it will happen, but those meanies are going to do it. 

They're absolutely correct that there will be times that Texas gets a public benefit of the doubt or whatever, and it will have everything to do the one thing that the SEC really cares about - money via eyeballs and brand-building. If ATM could ever get out of its own way and win while not acting like, and looking like, complete imbeciles, they'd get the same kind of benefits. But they can't, and they won't. 

Another thing that is addictive about reading these is their paranoia about the "deep state" of college sports, and that "deep state" working with the primary purpose of trying to hold ATM down. Multiple entities - other schools, the NCAA, their own conference - The SEC, ESPN, other media, the state legislature, the feds, other conferences, other booster groups, their own boosters, students at their school, the players themselves - all of these groups have been accused, occasionally to somewhat regularly, of working actively to sabotage the aggie manifest destiny of global collegiate sports dominance. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I like when they veer into cloak room/political conspiracies as the origin of the effort to keep them down. 

as if their student body and alumni political affinity is some outlier compared with other large universities, especially those in their conference. 

I guess when you have a persecution complex, it comes from all directions. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Some of my favorite things about the aggie posts are in these posts. Thanks to you guys for providing them.

I love it when they prophesize about where things will go directionally with the media and SEC while completely being blind to understand why it will happen. The SEC will end up propagandizing Texas because ... they're jealous of ATM's ??? what? Success? No. "Resources"? No. No real idea why it will happen, but those meanies are going to do it. 

They're absolutely correct that there will be times that Texas gets a public benefit of the doubt or whatever, and it will have everything to do the one thing that the SEC really cares about - money via eyeballs and brand-building. If ATM could ever get out of its own way and win while not acting like, and looking like, complete imbeciles, they'd get the same kind of benefits. But they can't, and they won't. 

Another thing that is addictive about reading these is their paranoia about the "deep state" of college sports, and that "deep state" working with the primary purpose of trying to hold ATM down. Multiple entities - other schools, the NCAA, their own conference - The SEC, ESPN, other media, the state legislature, the feds, other conferences, other booster groups, their own boosters, students at their school, the players themselves - all of these groups have been accused, occasionally to somewhat regularly, of working actively to sabotage the aggie manifest destiny of global collegiate sports dominance. 

Well, they kind of have to believe this stuff, right? 

The alternative is looking in the mirror and realizing they're just a bunch of fucking weirdos. By choice.

I swear, somewhere hidden away in the A&M Academic Building there must be a painting of an Adonis Aggie surrounded by championship trophies -- The Portrait of Dorian Aggy. The hideous one is walking around in real life because they want to be the hideous one.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Don't forget about when they proselytize, big part of their game. 

40 minutes ago, Scholz said:

We're primarily average in baseball?  Wonder how dogshit they think Miami is?

Most CWS Appearances
Rank School Number
1 Texas 36
2 Miami 25
T3 Arizona State 22
T3 Florida State 22

When you're looking upward from historically shitty, it's not easy to discern average from exceptional with any great certainty.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

When you're looking upward from historically shitty, it's not easy to discern average from exceptional with any great certainty.

They’re only historical shitty at postseason baseball, when the other team is also good. 
they've won a bunch of regular season games. Top 15 all time in wins- not a ton to show for it because 1) shitty Texas kept winning the conference and 2) they haven’t fared well in regionals. 

Eta:  it’s amazing how they attack dewberry more than adazzio immediately after reading that update, despite it being absent of detail. 

Surprised none of them have suggested that jimbo take them to Junction to toughen them up. You know they are thinking it. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They’re only historical shitty at postseason baseball, when the other team is also good. 
they've won a bunch of regular season games. Top 15 all time in wins- not a ton to show for it because 1) shitty Texas kept winning the conference and 2) they haven’t fared well in regionals. 

Eta:  it’s amazing how they attack dewberry more than adazzio immediately after reading that update, despite it being absent of detail. 

Surprised none of them have suggested that jimbo take them to Junction to toughen them up. You know they are thinking it. 

I think you're overlooking an important detail involved in the dynamic that colors the aggy mindset.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I like when they veer into cloak room/political conspiracies as the origin of the effort to keep them down. 

as if their student body and alumni political affinity is some outlier compared with other large universities, especially those in their conference. 

I guess when you have a persecution complex, it comes from all directions. 

They should just go ahead and put on their cement shoes and jump into that cement pond…good grief aggy, y’all are pathetic…oh woe is me!

5 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Don’t wanna CR this, but did I just see one of them cite a player-coach argument as evidence that CREATIONISM needs to be taught in schools again?!?!?

I think it was a sarcastic "ok boomer" type response.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I am left wondering if the non sequitur creationism post is sincere or sarcastic. I am flummoxed. 

I didn’t realize they even had 3s and 4s at db. 

If you walk out of practice whenever you want, you're put at 3rd on the depth chart even if nobody is 2nd. Use marijuana or any other Schedule 1 controlled substance in the locker room, and you're looking at 4th. That's just the kind of disciplinarian Jimbo is.

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I am left wondering if the non sequitur creationism post is sincere or sarcastic. I am flummoxed. 

They have Chappell, the two transfers, and Harmon, which would put him at least at 3rd team. Maybe 4th if the freshmen pass him up 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Hornlover said:

So when is Dewberry entering the portal, and where is he going to transfer?

No info here, but the may portal window should be interesting to watch regarding Dewberry. And if he stays, I'm going to assume that is because they had to pony up more "NIL" money. Which further depletes their already depleted booster base. 

10 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I'm going with serious. 

9 hours ago, bar said:

I think it was a sarcastic "ok boomer" type response.

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

He's making fun of KKL being old and cranky

I don't think either of yall should be giving that fanbase the benefit of the doubt. I read their thread on the Nashville shooting yesterday and...hoo boy. That shit makes a comment about creationism look levelheaded. 

• Hook 'Em 6

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread