Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 minute ago, Orange&White said:

I am of the opinion that Jimbo is going to become such an asshole to the admin, players, and fans, and his press conferences will become so terrible that they won't have any option but fire him and pay the contract.

This where I am. He just seems like he’s done. Why not phone it in, make them fire you, collect your buyout and see which network will pay you millions to talk like a hillbilly moron on a pregame show

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

This where I am. He just seems like he’s done. Why not phone it in, make them fire you, collect your buyout and see which network will pay you millions to talk like a hillbilly moron on a pregame show

That would be the sec network.

but it’d be funnier if he took another head coaching job after getting fired, but for like 2-3 million a year, to further drive home to aggy how much they overpaid. Imagine them having to pay him a lump sum plus like 7 million per year (I think I read that’s how it’s written), and then some school like wvu announcing they be hired him at 5 years for a total of 15 million. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

it would have to be a streaming service where you have some speed controls on the broadcast. 

• Haha 1

Some of my favorite things about the aggie posts are in these posts. Thanks to you guys for providing them.
I love it when they prophesize about where things will go directionally with the media and SEC while completely being blind to understand why it will happen. The SEC will end up propagandizing Texas because ... they're jealous of ATM's ??? what? Success? No. "Resources"? No. No real idea why it will happen, but those meanies are going to do it. 
They're absolutely correct that there will be times that Texas gets a public benefit of the doubt or whatever, and it will have everything to do the one thing that the SEC really cares about - money via eyeballs and brand-building. If ATM could ever get out of its own way and win while not acting like, and looking like, complete imbeciles, they'd get the same kind of benefits. But they can't, and they won't. 
Another thing that is addictive about reading these is their paranoia about the "deep state" of college sports, and that "deep state" working with the primary purpose of trying to hold ATM down. Multiple entities - other schools, the NCAA, their own conference - The SEC, ESPN, other media, the state legislature, the feds, other conferences, other booster groups, their own boosters, students at their school, the players themselves - all of these groups have been accused, occasionally to somewhat regularly, of working actively to sabotage the aggie manifest destiny of global collegiate sports dominance. 
I can imagine the horror when an aggy gets their first passport, flies across the pond and sees someone in London, Paris, Madrid etc wearing a Longhorns t-shirt or hoody, gives them the horns down only to get a puzzled look in return. Then it sinks into their pea brains those aren't ex-pats, American tourists or in many cases even Texas exes
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I think they will have just a modest enough improvement that Jimbo keeps his job. Maybe it is a 7 win season where the money guys can convince themselves that he is having to rebuild the program after taking a bunch of terrible character guys that blew up the locker room. But I will present a few predictions:

Lets say they could afford to fire Jimbo since I personally think he gets another year even with a 5-7 record. In the case where they have the money, Jimbo still only has to win 6 regular season games  because the money guys will not be able to bring themselves to playing Texas for the first time since 2011 with a new coach. It will not be the rebuilding that will stop them it will be that they can imagine themselves being OU 2022.

19 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Lets say they could afford to fire Jimbo since I personally think he gets another year even with a 5-7 record. In the case where they have the money, Jimbo still only has to win 6 regular season games  because the money guys will not be able to bring themselves to playing Texas for the first time since 2011 with a new coach. It will not be the rebuilding that will stop them it will be that they can imagine themselves being OU 2022.

200.gif

4 hours ago, Orange&White said:

I am of the opinion that Jimbo is going to become such an asshole to the admin, players, and fans, and his press conferences will become so terrible that they won't have any option but fire him and pay the contract.

4 hours ago, RGBIII said:

What makes you think those dishonest shitheels will honor the contract once they fire him?   

he was smart enough to repeatedly deny NIL had anything to do with their recruiting MNC, so they won’t get him for lying about NIL.  Consequently they will have a hard time getting him for cheating because he correctly denied NIL had anything to do with the class.  

I expect they fire him for cause for stealing  by taking all the money and underperforming, then hide behind  sovereign immunity.   Though honestly they don’t  pay their coaches enough to live in that shithole surrounded by the weirds.  

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was in Scotland in January of this year. I have a Texas hat on and one of little boys had a UT sweatshirt on. A guy comes up to my family at a pub and, without introduction, leans down to our table and does the horns down. We just kind of looked at him. I didn’t know what school he claimed and then he says, as we stared silently, “I went to ATM.” I said,  “good for you” and we went back to our meal and drinks. He stood there awkwardly for another 5 seconds expecting some sort of additional interaction.  

To your point, I’ve run into a bunch of people in UT gear overseas that just liked the color, the logo and that, in their minds, it means Texas/USA. The only American gear I usually see in Europe is Yankees/Cowboys/Texas/Dodgers that are more frequently won than one-offs. Been that way since I started going 15 years ago with any frequency. 

I always wear my Texas hat when I travel for business to Aberdeen and Edinburgh also Stavanger, Norway. Get a Hookem every now and then. CSB

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I was in Scotland in January of this year. I have a Texas hat on and one of little boys had a UT sweatshirt on. A guy comes up to my family at a pub and, without introduction, leans down to our table and does the horns down. We just kind of looked at him. I didn’t know what school he claimed and then he says, as we stared silently, “I went to ATM.” I said,  “good for you” and we went back to our meal and drinks. He stood there awkwardly for another 5 seconds expecting some sort of additional interaction.  

To your point, I’ve run into a bunch of people in UT gear overseas that just liked the color, the logo and that, in their minds, it means Texas/USA. The only American gear I usually see in Europe is Yankees/Cowboys/Texas/Dodgers that are more frequently won than one-offs. Been that way since I started going 15 years ago with any frequency. 

I saw a teenager wearing a (brand new looking) ECU hoodie in Romania and gave him a "Go Pirates." 

Absolutely blank reaction. Turns out he'd just thought the purple and yellow looked neat.

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Yep, my experience is that folks in other countries know The University of Texas, but have never heard of Texas A&M.

• Hook 'Em 7

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’ve seen Longhorns gear in Luxembourg and in a Berber mountain community near Ouezanne, Morocco. And tons of more common places. We get around. 

I’ve also seen aggie gear on a veterinarian. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

I’ve seen Longhorns gear in Luxembourg and in a Berber mountain community near Ouezanne, Morocco. And tons of more common places. We get around. 

I’ve also seen aggie gear on a veterinarian. 

I saw a 2005 USC National Championship shirt on a guy in Haiti. 
I have never met an Aggie in the workplace who does not whoop, horns down or constantly talk about tu.  It’s exhausting. 

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 2

2476605afb2431535d8bc5483fa36424.jpg

When I was a freshman in high school I was on UT campus and ended up somewhere where they sold various hats and shirts. I saw this cool black and gold hat with some letters on it and was very close to buying. (Our high school colors were black and gold). Figured I would be cool to have something unique.

Several years later I learned it was the Alpha Phi Alpha hat and they probably wouldn’t have been pleased to see some scrawny white kid wearing it around town.
  • Haha 2

As I think about the 2023 season for ATM, I keep having to tell myself things like "there's no way it really plays out like that" because it seems so obvious that it just can't, but I'll be damned if I still don't believe a lot of it. 
Scenario 1 - Connor Weigman goes down for the season due to injury or concussion because he's ragdolled behind the atrocious OL. Max Johnson fares little better running for his life the remainder of the year. 
Scenario 2 - There's a fundamental breakdown within the coaching staff that bleeds over publicly because they have the largest group of assholes assembled in a single this side of a Milwaukee Weight Watcher's meeting. Between Petrino, Adazzio, Fisher, Craig, Durkin and the lot, someone will try to murder someone else.
There's no way, right? But I'll be damned if those things don't feel more likely than not. The other problem with trying to discredit these thoughts is how closely the absurd, surreal shit has tracked to real life over the Fisher era:
-He's had the mercenary approach stereotypically become a problem for the roster, replete with minimum upper classmen leadership on a year in, year out basis.
-He took the Saban bait and went on a midget hillbilly rant embarrassing himself in public.
-Haynes King was broken to pieces almost immediately once in a game.
-Then King sucked the following year after being anointed, as expected.
-The 2023 recruiting class sucked because everyone went after them.
-Weigman got a concussion and missed games and his father ranted to Ritz Bitz in person.
-Fisher hired the worst available fit for the program at OC. Fisher then won't commit to that choice calling plays.
-He had Craig coach QBs for a year.
-Adazzio showed up, shat out a terrible OLine and now is actively running off one of his best players.
All that's left is for DJ Durkin to kill someone on the team. It's fucking loony that this board has predicted almost all of this.

Yeah but their halftime show is shaping up to be fabulous
87be3ad37cf1fc17dea70e34ed894e1d.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Treefidy said:

I expect they fire him for cause for stealing  by taking all the money and underperforming, then hide behind  sovereign immunity.   Though honestly they don’t  pay their coaches enough to live in that shithole surrounded by the weirds.  

I'm pretty much expecting this as well. They'll pin some recruiting misdeeds on him, fire for cause mid-season, and implement a post season ban for themselves even if they didn't qualify.

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

image.thumb.jpeg.f90a7ca50e2e20c46fe28825c3631929.jpeg

Plaza de Mayo, Buenos Aires, Argentina (C.A.B.A.)

Tuesday, December 20th, 2022, (foolishly) hoping that the soccer team and the World Cup Trophy 🏆 would make an appearance on top of the Casa Rosada (presidential offices).

This guy was an Argie who got the hat from an American amiga of his. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

My wife and I spent a couple of weeks in Europe not too long ago, including stops Luxembough, Amsterdam, Manchester, Paris, Edinburgh, and Skye. We saw people wearing Longhorn gear at least once in every place. More than twice in Manchester, Amsterdam, and Luxembourgh. Saw a single aggy shirt in Manchester and it was on a guy who definitely fit the aggy stereotype. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s a good thing I doubt many Aggie make it to Scandinavia. I’m sure there would be an outbreak of spontaneous head explosions.  I saw that there are a few of these in Sweden. Saw this one in Malmö. 

https://www.texaslonghorn.se
“For a real Texas experience.”

Sorry not sorry our Brand is Texas. 

7F3F09BC-D79D-40B7-B182-21149896960F.jpeg

Been there. Many times. 1/5 stars. 

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, The Dog said:

this is legitimately the dumbest quote i've seen from a coach in a long time

It’s not scheme,” Fisher said last week. “It’s execution.”

Fisher doubled down when he said schemes do not vary from team to team.

“Everybody does the same thing,” he said. “There’s not a hill of beans between anybody, as far as what goes on.”

so A&M and Air Force have the same scheme? AF attempted <100 passes last year btw.

maybe he was talking about teams in the SEC?

...except that last year Mississippi State attempted more than 2x (634 to 308) passes as Auburn, so that was a pretty clear schematic difference?

hell, Ole Misss attempted more than 3x (3336 to 1062) more rushes than Miss State and more than 2x as many as Kentucky and South Carolina and almost 2x as many as Texas A&M. but sure - same scheme.

Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Kinda off topic... But y'all saw that aggy commercial during the Texas v aggy baseball game right? The one where the fans are doing midnight tell and "scaring the rest of the sec" in the middle of the night.  

It sums them up perfectly.  So concerned with what other schools think of them that it bleeds into ever facet of their being. 

And now back you your regularly posted screenshots...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Mac8111 said:

When I was a freshman in high school I was on UT campus and ended up somewhere where they sold various hats and shirts. I saw this cool black and gold hat with some letters on it and was very close to buying. (Our high school colors were black and gold). Figured I would be cool to have something unique.

Several years later I learned it was the Alpha Phi Alpha hat and they probably wouldn’t have been pleased to see some scrawny white kid wearing it around town.

“Oh-6! You know it feeeelz good!”

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread