Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

13 minutes ago, Mr. Mojo Risin' said:

Kinda off topic... But y'all saw that aggy commercial during the Texas v aggy baseball game right? The one where the fans are doing midnight tell and "scaring the rest of the sec" in the middle of the night.  

It sums them up perfectly.  So concerned with what other schools think of them that it bleeds into ever facet of their being. 

And now back you your regularly posted screenshots...

They're still using that one? Originally it was a one-off they rushed out after that stupid Midnight Yell routine went viral last year and other fanbases were roasting them for it.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

It’s a good thing I doubt many Aggie make it to Scandinavia. I’m sure there would be an outbreak of spontaneous head explosions.  I saw that there are a few of these in Sweden. Saw this one in Malmö. 

https://www.texaslonghorn.se
“For a real Texas experience.”

Sorry not sorry our Brand is Texas. 

7F3F09BC-D79D-40B7-B182-21149896960F.jpeg

I saw one in Stockholm. 
spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 3

14 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I was in Scotland in January of this year. I have a Texas hat on and one of little boys had a UT sweatshirt on. A guy comes up to my family at a pub and, without introduction, leans down to our table and does the horns down. We just kind of looked at him. I didn’t know what school he claimed and then he says, as we stared silently, “I went to ATM.” I said,  “good for you” and we went back to our meal and drinks. He stood there awkwardly for another 5 seconds expecting some sort of additional interaction.  

To your point, I’ve run into a bunch of people in UT gear overseas that just liked the color, the logo and that, in their minds, it means Texas/USA. The only American gear I usually see in Europe is Yankees/Cowboys/Texas/Dodgers that are more frequently won than one-offs. Been that way since I started going 15 years ago with any frequency. 

My first trip to Europe was 30 years ago. I was 14 and texas wasn’t my first choice in schools. I remember seeing Texas gear then. 

Edited by Wulaw Horn
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Been to New Zealand a couple times. They have at least six sheep per person, so it's hard to explain why I never saw any aggy apparel.

581F8C3A-192D-4811-B15E-5EF924E96EF0.thumb.jpeg.9de18169f235b92701ae0382605519a5.jpeg

it's actually about 20 per person, so roughly 40 for every male. aggy heaven.

"New Zealand: Where the men are men, and the sheep are scared."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

it's actually about 20 per person, so roughly 40 for every male. aggy heaven.

"New Zealand: Where the men are men, and the sheep are scared."

Years ago they had around  70 million sheep and 3 million people. Now it's more like 25 million to 4 million. Regardless, still one of the world's most target-rich environments for our aggy friends. Move over, Bangkok. 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Been to New Zealand a couple times. They have at least six sheep per person, so it's hard to explain why I never saw any aggy apparel.

581F8C3A-192D-4811-B15E-5EF924E96EF0.thumb.jpeg.9de18169f235b92701ae0382605519a5.jpeg

Probably because not every person who owns sheep feels compelled to fuck them routinely. Just like not everyone who eats at a Subway fucks little kids. But if you see someone at a Subway wearing a Jared shirt...yeah, they fuck kids. Same thing. 

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Mr. Drummond said:

The biggest thing to me in that rugby ball clip, outside of the silliness of it, is just how lethargic and slow they were running the drill.   No energy, no attempt to do it at even 70% game speed.

Only thing missing is jumping over a little pillow and throwing it.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

They're still using that one? Originally it was a one-off they rushed out after that stupid Midnight Yell routine went viral last year and other fanbases were roasting them for it.

My recollection is that it appeared in '21 after their historic 2020 season where they were, as always, screwed out of a shot at their coveted natty. I'm sure it predates the hubbub last year. So arrogant with so little justification. 

Why does everybody hate us?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Lol. Of course Daddy98 references Who Moved My Cheese. I can't even. 

He also said, fully believing it, that he could do a better job. As I was reading the post, I said to myself, “this has to be Daddy98. has to be. “ and there he is. That guy is on a level all his own. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

"TexAgs seems more your style" has to be the equivalent of an Orangebloods burn on our board, right? I guess the difference is that TexAgs represents a majority of their online fandom by far.

I'd have gone with "The Football Board" but you're not wrong. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

17 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

Gonna take a wild guess you’re in O&G

Spent 25 years in the industry. Great industry, great friends all over the world. Got to go places and be parts of things I never would have in any other industry. 
The roller coaster of the cycle wears on you though. It’s nice to be off the coaster. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

My recollection is that it appeared in '21 after their historic 2020 season where they were, as always, screwed out of a shot at their coveted natty. I'm sure it predates the hubbub last year. So arrogant with so little justification. 

Why does everybody hate us?

As I recall, it appeared first as the "college bit" advertisement on football games. You know, the one at halftime where you get to present your school as more than a football factory and is usually full of fresh-faced young people changing the world. That sort of generic, good-natured thing.

Leave it to Aggie to reduce the "college bit" to nothing but football, and then to compound the ridiculous hubris of it all by presenting the SEC as being intimidated by them and their stupid 12th man. That's what's important to them as a UNIVERSITY. The chef's kiss is closing out with that rancid hobbit Jimbo smiling knowingly into the night.

That is what they think presents their school in a positive light. Fucking weirdos.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Vertuzzi said:

These screenshots read the same regardless of the sport they are discussing. 

“I’m disappointed in the results given the high preseason expectations…”

And they always contain this sentiment. Every sport, every year. But they’ll never learn.

50 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FsfKVlsWcAEHg3l?format=jpg&name=mediumFsfKWEbWwAMERfa?format=jpg&name=mediumFsfKWaNWYAIxZyr?format=jpg&name=mediumFsfKWx7WYAUVZOI?format=jpg&name=mediumFsfKbuMWYA4lM-r?format=jpg&name=mediumFsfKcHeWYBwOEF9?format=jpg&name=mediumFsfKcfNWYBY2i0m?format=jpg&name=mediumFsfKc2rWYAwpm43?format=jpg&name=medium

of course those guys don't understand that having 2 QBs + Blake Bost on campus in March isn't as good as Texas having 4 on campus in March (including an EE) or that having 2 scholarship QBs on campus means your QB room isn't top 25 good.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Didn't even win meat judging this year - the BDF took gold and silver

I'd like to congratulate our conference mates KSU on their national crop judging championship!  Proof once again that this we're in the strongest conference in the nation! 

B-D-F!  B-D-F!  B-D-F!

• Haha 3

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread