Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

Every time I read the term "sip" it strikes me as so bizarre. I've been personally called that like twice in my life by oldsters, yet these clowns use it constantly on texags. Recently, my oldest son apparently had a "t-sip" joke made about him and another kid in class by a fucking teacher because they had some UT shirts on that day.

That evening he asked me about it and what it all meant. I tried to explain the notion of what a "t-sipper" is and why it's such a bad thing to be called, according to the aggies. Quite frankly, I struggled to verbally make sense of it and it did not resonate whatsoever to him.

"Why is that funny or offensive?"

"Um, it isn't. They're generally too old and dense to gather that it just makes them look stupid and we don't give a shit."

I can't imagine walking around in life and actually calling someone something so braindead, antiquated, and unfunny. I've never run into a person that openly uses the term that is under the age of 50 and appears to be anything other than a complete mouthbreathing dumbass. 

59 minutes ago, texifornia said:

aggy baseball!

FwIxVVOWAAAK-dG?format=jpg&name=mediumFwIxVtkWIAAOkRM?format=jpg&name=mediumFwIxWDRXsAEhU7a?format=jpg&name=medium

Average Joe sprinting in immediately to start the aggie anthem of "Wait 'Til Next Year" is so on-brand for that board that I laughed out loud seeing it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

It also includes another word they're wearing out: tampering. They hope to overcome the hype about tu by tampering in the portal and getting momentum in their recruiting. Their facilities facilities facilities should help.

For them, tampering is foreplay.  Hitting the portal hard is what's important.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Vertigo said:

image.thumb.png.93e87db7472bba8568cd4eda5755f839.png

"Our program has been better and not really close."

Texas Football 2013-2022: Overall Record 69-56, FBS 64-56, Power 5 57-54

Texas A&M Football 2013-2022: Overall Record 80-46, FBS 71-46, Power 5 50-46

Yeah, not really better. We have admittedly sucked. So have they.

Our record against Power 5 opponents is better than theirs since 2013. They have padded their stats against shitty teams.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

aggy baseball!

FwIxVVOWAAAK-dG?format=jpg&name=mediumFwIxVtkWIAAOkRM?format=jpg&name=mediumFwIxWDRXsAEhU7a?format=jpg&name=medium

What consistently staggers me is how quickly A&M takes seemingly good coaches like Schlossnagel and turns them into mediocre coaches.  It happens over and over and over again. Franchione goes 10-3 at Alabama, gets to A&M, and loses 77-0 in his first season. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

What consistently staggers me is how quickly A&M takes seemingly good coaches like Schlossnagel and turns them into mediocre coaches. 

Their brains snap after a few months in College Station, only able to focus on one thing. 

Arrested Development Mistake GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

What consistently staggers me is how quickly A&M takes seemingly good coaches like Schlossnagel and turns them into mediocre coaches.  It happens over and over and over again. Franchione goes 10-3 at Alabama, gets to A&M, and loses 77-0 in his first season. 

Their culture consists primarily of bitching and moaning about others instead of self-evaluating their flaws. They’re losers by nature. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Their culture is the problem. People like that racist shitheel Daniel Joseph Figurelli are the core of their fanbase.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Not when they hired Jimbo though.  Everybody at FSU knew about his offseason bargaining for a new contract.  Jameis is owed at least 25% of his aggy contract. 

The mental gymnastics always astounds me when reading these. The leaps and bounds they make from one point to the next, as if by saying it out loud makes it true, and to continually perpetuate the same bullshit inside an echo chamber waiting for their counterparts to agree with their opinion is incredible. Bravo, sirs. You’re doing the Lord’s work. 🤘🏼

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

FwQEIU4XgAEDpIA?format=jpg&name=mediumFwQEIs1XsAAhhyQ?format=jpg&name=mediumFwQEJDRXwAA6Cf-?format=jpg&name=mediumFwQEJWiXwAAd1P5?format=jpg&name=medium

Whenever I see a dumb motherfucker on Texags posting something like THE POWERS THAT BE in all caps, which is something we all say regularly, my kneejerk is to just assume that that person is really just trolling. Or that it might be one of us. But considering how blessedly saturated we are with their posting, statistically speaking it's more likely to just be a regular ole' Aggie. That is mildly terrifying. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Whenever I see a dumb motherfucker on Texags posting something like THE POWERS THAT BE in all caps, which is something we all say regularly, my kneejerk is to just assume that that person is really just trolling. Or that it might be one of us. But considering how blessedly saturated we are with their posting, statistically speaking it's more likely to just be a regular ole' Aggie. That is mildly terrifying. 

The dead giveaway is that they didn't misspell BE. 

• Haha 2

The mental gymnastics always astounds me when reading these. The leaps and bounds they make from one point to the next, as if by saying it out loud makes it true, and to continually perpetuate the same bullshit inside an echo chamber waiting for their counterparts to agree with their opinion is incredible. Bravo, sirs. You’re doing the Lord’s work.
My favorite part are the gomers who are hanging their hopes on Petrino "balling out" lol. It's almost as if they don't think Bilbo aggins has a huge ego and Napoleon syndrome. What if their offense actually takes off this year...does Jimbo allow Petrino to have the glory? This upcoming season is going to be all sorts of entertaining.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Lane Kiffin is a "dork" coming from a diehard aggie while Jimbo Aggins is the head coach.

Ryan Day and Kirby Smart were "career coordinators". Both guys were hired as HCs around the age of 40.

Durkin and Adazzio were bad hires, but in year 2, maybe they'll turn into good hires.

Let's "infest" in a OL coach.

Sonny Dykes would be a good hire.

They don't want a repeat of the "Sumlin situation" as Jimbo Fisher is performing worse on a trendline than Kevin Sumlin.

They think a $60M buyout is about where it gets affordable. 

These are the dumbest motherfuckers posting on a sports forum on the Internet. That includes other SEC schools, Nascar forums, NFL and NBA forums, and European soccer fans. It's stunning.

Don't forget that our hiring Strong was a reaction to Johnny Manziel and our hiring Sarkisian is our reaction to aggy's covid year. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

I love this narrative:

image.png.309fcc8fa2de7f4ab2871c6fba9a0d72.png

He's the one who put those guys in the locker room. Further, everbody leaving was not part of his plan let alone something he actively caused. Passively caused, maybe, but not actively.

Of course this is mitigated by picking up studs from Richmond and Jackson State.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Don't forget that our hiring Strong was a reaction to Johnny Manziel and our hiring Sarkisian is our reaction to aggy's covid year. 

Their “best season in 50 years” being the covid year is too good. It was great to have CFB on and went better than I’d expected, but I pretty much consider it an asterisk year with everything like the limited/no fans, players praying to avoid a postive test, and games being cancelled. Obviously the craziness of a worldwide pandemic on everybody’s minds too. Honestly would’ve forgotten that they thought they deserved to make the playoff if it wasn’t for this thread. If I were them, the Johnny year would be far superior to 2020. But that would be admitting Sumlin was anything other than the architect of their recent failures, so it may be controversial.

20 minutes ago, CashMcCoy said:

Their “best season in 50 years” being the covid year is too good. It was great to have CFB on and went better than I’d expected, but I pretty much consider it an asterisk year with everything like the limited/no fans, players praying to avoid a postive test, and games being cancelled. Obviously the craziness of a worldwide pandemic on everybody’s minds too. Honestly would’ve forgotten that they thought they deserved to make the playoff if it wasn’t for this thread. If I were them, the Johnny year would be far superior to 2020. But that would be admitting Sumlin was anything other than the architect of their recent failures, so it may be controversial.

The irony is that they would have won the B12 going away that season had they not just left for the SEC. 

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I love this narrative:

image.png.309fcc8fa2de7f4ab2871c6fba9a0d72.png

He's the one who put those guys in the locker room. Further, everbody leaving was not part of his plan let alone something he actively caused. Passively caused, maybe, but not actively.

Of course this is mitigated by picking up studs from Richmond and Jackson State.

Oh damn I thought he meant Jimbo actually cleaned up the locker room. Ya know, because Addazio went all white supremacist on the previous locker room cleaner. But now that I think about it, that was at CSU.

All they need now is confidence and swagger. THAT'S THE ONLY THING THEY'RE MISSING!  Probably because they look in that empty hall of champions and it gives them the sads.

image.png.85d6a39cab4e3fcbd22d3492db2bc365.png

Edited by Chopper

10 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Except I don't think they would have.

They had a top 10 finish that season, meanwhile in the B12 a 2 loss Oklahoma featuring the dynamic Landry Jones and a 2 loss K State split the conference championship. Oklahoma finished 15th and KState finished 12th. aggy then went on to beat Oklahoma in the bowl game 41-13. So yeah.. I think they would have. 

Edited by Vertigo

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

They had a top 10 finish that season, meanwhile in the B12 a 2 loss Oklahoma featuring the dynamic Landry Jones and a 2 loss K State split the conference championship. Oklahoma finished 15th and KState finished 12th. aggy then went on to beat Oklahoma in the bowl game 41-13. So yeah.. I think they would have. 

Big 12 defenses were designed to stop those kind of offenses. SEC defenses were not. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread