Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I can think of a game here or there in my life where I thought the entire outcome could be blamed on an ump or a ref's nefarious, one-sided bullshit. The 2018 ALCS game 4 for the Astros against the Red Sox. Fucking Joe West. The 2015 Texas game against Okie State and the Grant Teaff Baylor finale are probably the most egregious scenarios to unfold in my cognizant lifetime. I know the Renfro catch against Pittsburgh is another one in the late 70's. 

I know some of the more conspiracy oriented folks here can cite a handful more. In reality though, across all of the sports teams for whom I cheer, it's very rare where the outcome has been believably decided against my team more or less by the umps or refs, who were unquestionably one-sided. I think most non-asshat fans of most teams would see it similarly for their sides. 

Now look at ATM's fans and programs. They honestly believe that a healthy minority, if not outright majority, of the games that are decided against them are the direct outcome of the refs or umps actively working to spur their demise. Also, when it's not directly the fault of the refs of umps, it's usually because a committee somewhere is actively working to keep them down and out in that sport. Oftentimes, it's a combo of refs/umps and a committee. A complex and multilayered conspiracy completely hidden from the public.

This is why they're incapable of sustaining any version of excellence. They cannot be accountable or introspective, and they will not hold their leadership accountable. In the event that they do hold a HC accountable, it's for roughly two weeks during which he or she is fired and before the new savior is hired. That's it. That's the amount of time there's any form of accountability, and even then it's when they're throwing the sonofabitch out and viewing them as a newly villainous outsider. 

2006 Dallas Mavericks vs Miami Heat,  after the Mavs went up 2-0.

It was as bad as the OKState game, but lasted several games when it looked like the Mavs might sweep. 

• Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

2006 Dallas Mavericks vs Miami Heat,  after the Mavs went up 2-0.

It was as bad as the OKState game, but lasted several games when it looked like the Mavs might sweep. 

i will pick game 5 and game 6 of that series specifically.

Game 5: Mavericks get 25 FT, Heat get 49 FT. Wade gets 25. Heat win by 1 in OT.

Game 6: Mavericks get 23 FT, Heat shoot 37 FT. Wade gets 21. Heat win by 3.

in those 2 games alone the Mavericks shot 48 FT. Wade shot 46. the Heat shot 86 total FT.

he also shot 18 in game 3 which the Heat won by 2 points. Mavs shot 26

in 2005-06 he averaged 10.7 FTs per game during the regular season. for his career in the playoffs he averaged 6.8 FT per game. across 5 NBA finals he averaged 8.06 FT per game.

....against the mavericks in 06 , he averaged 16.1 FT per game.

if you take out the 06 NBA finals his top 5 career FT in a playoff series were 58, 58, 55, 53, 53.

...in the 06 finals he shot 97 FTs!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 7

2 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Their lack of self-awareness is incredible. The way they talk down Big 12 baseball programs, as if they're inferior, is incredible to me. 

Texas has 6 national titles, OU has 2 national titles, and Oklahoma State has a national title in baseball. TCU and Tech have both been better programs over the last 15 years in baseball. 

Do they ever just shut the fuck up and win anything? 

Whut? Is this a troll or gag or something? Bolded part is truth. No they won't and no they never will.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Their lack of self-awareness is incredible. The way they talk down Big 12 baseball programs, as if they're inferior, is incredible to me. 

Texas has 6 national titles, OU has 2 national titles, and Oklahoma State has a national title in baseball. TCU and Tech have both been better programs over the last 15 years in baseball. 

Do they ever just shut the fuck up and win anything? 

Their sense of SECX3 superiority applies to all sports. The BDF is the BDF, regardless of sport. 

CFB, can see why they claim SECX3 is better, because of Bama and now UGA, and because of OUsux’s annual collapses in the CFP. Of course that has nothing to do with aggy’s actual football prowess, especially because they don’t actually play UGA, but ignore that please. 

But baseball and basketball?  In basketball, the B12 is without question, by any metric, a superior conference. And as you point out, the current and historic B12 baseball strength is unquestioned. Except by aggy. Because SECX3 confers some mythical superiority in all athletic abilities. Except for aggy. 

Edited by nnm
  • Hook 'Em 4

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I can think of a game here or there in my life where I thought the entire outcome could be blamed on an ump or a ref's nefarious, one-sided bullshit.

In the 1983 NCAA Basketball Final, calling 3 fouls on Clyde Drexler in the first 90 seconds pretty much ended the game for Houston. 

I always thought the game was fixed before it started. Still pissed me off.

Watched the Houston-Louisville semifinal in a packed ski lodge at Taos Ski Valley. Electric atmosphere. Good times.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, PTINS said:

In the 1983 NCAA Basketball Final, calling 3 fouls on Clyde Drexler in the first 90 seconds pretty much ended the game for Houston. 

I always thought the game was fixed before it started. Still pissed me off.

Hated that 1983 NCAA Basketball Final. Fixed -- IDK.  Not out the realm of possibility.

21 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Looch (putting it here because there's no football content in it)

Fw0x9KQWwAE-iOV?format=jpg&name=medium

image.png.a0adfac9b0fc99d3f9b30626f2cc1694.png

lol

image.thumb.png.48d49f0508220f03fee5710922e69b2d.png

to be clear, last year they started out 4-1 in conference, then lost 8 in a row, then went 5-1 to finish conference at 9-9

this year, they finished conference at 15-3. idk why anyone would say "look at the last season and a half of conference play to see how well our team is doing when they lost in the 1st round of March Madness this year and played in the NIT the year before.

they were in a conference that was 3rd best in NET rating. they somehow lost not one but TWO quad 4 games, to the #214 NET team in Murry St and the #228 team (Woffard) AT HOME. they played 5 quad 2 teams in conference and 5 quad 3 teams in conference and won them, which they should be doing if they are anywhere near decent. good job on beating teams you should beat and going 11-0 against the bottom of your conference.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Man, Looch is dense. 

image.png.ee0f0c582ce2bcfb4b5a1beffc57a224.png

The "horns down" is bulletin board material for the Aggies? What he describes as Longhorns being "upset" is exactly a bulletin board response to the jackass Aggie competitor making that gesture with a pout. Being "upset" I guess is new Aggie double speak for what Texas is doing when we bitch slap them back to their rightful place.

I'm reminded of this image that used to be all over the place.

spacer.png

Yes, the Aggie team ought to put the picture of Texas crushing them on the bulletin board right next to the pouty horns down picture. Actually, I guess that sort of matches their whole cognitive dissonance motif.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

And they still don't realize there was no petitioning to make horns down a penalty, just asking for fair treatment when our players do the other teams goofy ass hand signs after scoring and get flagged for it. Or rather they don't WANT to realize it and would rather go with their own fantasy narrative.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

It also appears that our arrogant asses need kicking. Aggies had a hundred years to step up but nope. Now they have new masochistic big brothers that they love! Maybe one of those guys who despise the Aggies will put up their dukes and show us the what fer.

Such children.

6 hours ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

20230524_043237.jpg

20230524_043240.jpg

20230524_043243.jpg

20230524_043246.jpg

What is really funny about the golf thing is that we managed to piss off their entire athletics department with a single tweet after a verified ass kicking to the point that they had to pretzel stretch this response into a completely unrelated sport, making them look stupid... again.  

• Hook 'Em 6

4 minutes ago, AP101S said:

The aggies had 12 games to choose from for their Maroon Out game and they chose Mississippi St, the only opponent with maroon as their team color?

I halfway expect the Aggies to wear their white uniforms too

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Mason Ramsey said:

God those rubes are so convinced Sark sucks after two seasons. They just know it for a fact. No way is he any good and Jimbo is definitely the better option!!

Hell, half of our fans think he sucks, too.  Or at least half the posters on here.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Nuge said:

Hell, half of our fans think he sucks, too.  Or at least half the posters on here.

This isn't the thread for that discussion, but there is a big difference between thinking he sucks and thinking there is no reason to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves that he can put a big season together. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I also love how aggy is using recruiting classes from 5 years out, when we have like 3 players remaining from those last 2-3 Herman classes. Sarkisian has completely remade this roster by near elite HS recruiting married to excellent (after 1st season) portal additions.

aggy is somewhat right in the Texas DL hasn't gotten the level of talent that they have gotten, but we dominate their recruiting in every other position and since you can't play 22 DTs, I would take a more balanced team to compete in the SEC than a one-dimensional defensive team.

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread