Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

“Sips don’t have the alumni organization and numbers that we do. 

T-shirt fans don’t give to NIL.”

There is/was some USNWR metric around percentage of alumni who give and then there is/was one about the depth in which they gave. Aggies cling to the first stat and repeat it to themselves because they had a high percentage of grads who gave. Problem is, their giving levels were low and didn’t grow with age. Basically, you can donate the same amount a year after graduating and working as a teacher or insurance salesman as you can donate in year 20 of being a teacher or insurance salesman. The notion that they’re able to access more affluence and wherewithal than UT is comical. 

• Hook 'Em 7

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

Basically, you can donate the same amount a year after graduating and working as a teacher or insurance salesman as you can donate in year 20 of being a teacher or insurance salesman.

Tell that to daddy98. He had 4 of his Agtag buddies in Tomball buy boats this year. 

31 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Tell that to daddy98. He had 4 of his Agtag buddies in Tomball buy boats this year. 

was the guy running a jon boat on Buffalo Bayou one of them?

Things went about as badly as possible. We made it about 1/4 mile down the bayou before I hit something going about 15 mph. My girlfriend and I were thrown violently into the front seats of the boat. She hit her neck badly and we are in the E.R. waiting on her to get a cat scan. She seems okay other than the wound looks bad. I am Hopeful that she is okay.

I had to abandon my boat on the bank. I had hit a piece of concrete with about a 2 inch Thick piece of rebar sticking out. It cut through the bottom of my boat for about a foot and stopped the boat when it hit the rib.

We put our life jackets on and I pulled the boat over to shore. It filled up about halfway in 10 seconds but I was able to get it on shore where I imagine it is still sitting. I called the police and said that I can't really do anything unless at the scene of the accident. Obviously I feel like an absolute idiot and am deeply regretting my choices .

• Haha 3

The Twelf Man Foundation plus NIL are the 45,000 volt wire that will be inserted up the sleeping giant's ass by a crack unit of Corps Ags proudly known as the Butthole Surfers (they thought of the name before anyone to honor the celebration of the Dixie Classic win thanks to E King "Lucky Pierre" Gill) who know it's a suicide mission.

Then all they have to do is throw the switch and laugh.

Rival n. a person or thing competing with another for the same objective or for superiority in the same field of activity.

Sure, a&m is a historical "rival," mostly in the 80s/90s when they were "successful," but there's a reason that definition shows why OU is the bigger rival, if the massive anticipation of October's game isn't obvious to the College Station rubes.

76–37–5

Superiority was established long ago over a&m. It was established by 1901, football-wise, when the record was 7-0 ... and the cumulative scoring margin was 157 to 0.

There's not a single athletic achievement that A&M has that Texas doesn't have many times over, other than wool judging championships.

As far as the "same objective," in the SEC the rivals will be Alabama, Georgia, OU and teams who actually have a shot at an SEC championship and common objectives. And who have had success at what Texas is looking to regain with consistency.

I love that they think LSU is their rival. Do LSU students give a shit about A&M? Outside of aggy cheating years, LSU has dominated aggy overall.

Texas Tech is/was a&m's true rival. Very close series record, never win a conference championship, etc.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

image.png.a7f312698379a6da86f9080532e84816.png

image.png.cb592014bd54f2f46747097af81193a8.png

image.png.53d5bd7e1dc8407858ce95a7032a3687.png

image.png.36e93e89bfb78189466f837c231143e4.png

image.png.d3fc1b95f11811f08a41cbceab9555d5.png

spacer.png

image.png.0c1cbbc68da1f31d316bd2c4f542859a.png

image.png.c197d1dbee8a575fb6025de78e77b7ba.png

spacer.png

I could go to the country club with that Longhorn dude. Maybe noodle a few catfish in the water ponds. Yea. I'll call my sister, see if she wants to go. Hey, Babe! Sis? You still fixin' the 'fridge? Let's get outta here for awhile. Go to that country club.

spacer.png

Bring the golf cart! She got one!

image.png.f53e07735ca555b4f00399a0c4f63e0f.png

spacer.png

The guys who write the fake letters about visiting College Station don't count.

• Haha 4

19 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.a7f312698379a6da86f9080532e84816.png

image.png.cb592014bd54f2f46747097af81193a8.png

image.png.53d5bd7e1dc8407858ce95a7032a3687.png

image.png.36e93e89bfb78189466f837c231143e4.png

image.png.d3fc1b95f11811f08a41cbceab9555d5.png

spacer.png

image.png.0c1cbbc68da1f31d316bd2c4f542859a.png

image.png.c197d1dbee8a575fb6025de78e77b7ba.png

spacer.png

I could go to the country club with that Longhorn dude. Maybe noodle a few catfish in the water ponds. Yea. I'll call my sister, see if she wants to go. Hey, Babe! Sis? You still fixin' the 'fridge? Let's get outta here for awhile. Go to that country club.

spacer.png

Bring the golf cart! She got one!

image.png.f53e07735ca555b4f00399a0c4f63e0f.png

spacer.png

The guys who write the fake letters about visiting College Station don't count.

I missed them calling a rivalry game with OU a country club rivalry. Ok sure.

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

Fxdp47oWcAEQD21?format=jpg&name=mediumFxdp5PlXsAIYXUv?format=jpg&name=mediumFxdp5kgWYAAn7UX?format=jpg&name=mediumFxdp58BWcAAGmaR?format=jpg&name=mediumFxdqBfUXwAEwbAD?format=jpg&name=mediumFxdqB0WX0AM8o4a?format=jpg&name=mediumFxdqCH3WcAIF9Ov?format=jpg&name=mediumFxdqCd-XsAcwwRM?format=jpg&name=medium

I've got to tell you, reading these should be hilarious. And usually they are quite so. However, this latest segment is just somewhat depressing to me. Their fucking lying contrivance, based on one man's speculation that is turned into fact (BUT THEY CHEERED FOR OU IN THE COTTON BOWL ONE TIME!!!) is just depressing. It's depressing that so many people can be SO fucking stupid. These people area diploma mill and churn out more and more "graduates" every year, and they're graduates probably inclined to having children they can't afford, who they will in turn indoctrinate. 

NONO, I WORKED ON THE DRAG. THEY HATE US MORE!!! What utter bullshit. Because they're too stupid to understand the difference between hatred and disdain. There's just too much stupidity in those posts. "OU built their legacy when we were a different school entirely." Weird, OU built their legacy in the 80's. Isn't that typically the time period where A&M claims they were at their pinnacle, and the arbitrary time period where they start attempting to measure themselves as our equal? Seems a little bit inconsistent there, sheep fuckers. 

I weep for all of us who live in this state. And I really weep for you poor motherfuckers who live in Katy and Cypress and Montgomery County with @RGBIII

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 5

Nowhere in those posts do they mention that no one claims them as their #1 rival. Subconsciously it tears them apart because in their entire history every other team in college football is apathetic to their existence. It's going to be nice to be in a conference where every other team doesn't see Texas as their primary rival. I guess OSU was the only team in the Big 12 that felt that way.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Some are pretty spot on in recognizing the lack of respect, though.  I don't hate aggy, not like OU, anyhow.  But I can assure you have not an ounce of respect for anything they've done, at any time.  Respect for a couple of the 2%r vets you send out every now and then, I guess?

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, dhornf said:

I hope they get paired with Missouri as their permanent rival.  How will the dipshits spin that?

While I think this is very unlikely, I think the hilarious thing is that after just a decade of dealing with these rubes and their antics and insecurities...I would in no way be surprised if the ADs currently can't stand them and absolutely would take joy in pairing the with Missouri. Granted, I'm not sure what shuffling is going to get done but is Missouri moving to the west? Fucking SEC, too gutless to just do fucking Pods. Give me a POD with OU, Texas, LSU and Miss St. Then give A&M one with Arkansas, Missouri, and Ole Miss. I can literally make a superficial argument that makes sense. 

LSU is really fucked. They don't have a clear rival either.

Bama has Auburn and Tennessee before them.

Florida has Georgia before them.

Ole Miss has Mississippi State before them.

I guess Arkansas and now aggy, but aggy would probably rate Texas before them. Arkansas and aggy are only "rivals" due to them playing in the West. It would be the same with Missouri if aggy was in the East and Missouri was in the West.

• Hook 'Em 1

The one guy describing how Texas isn't prepared for difficulty in other sports, including women's sports, is unintentionally hilarious. Texas won a national title in WV this year. They won 2-3 national titles in women's sports in the 2021-2022 cycle and played for several other titles, finishing runner-up. Texas is the chalk pick in Women's T&F to win the national title this coming weekend.

What that dufus is really saying, without understanding it, is that he thinks winning in the SEC is tougher than winning a national title. I'd honestly be interested in hearing him defend the take. "Well, you see, beating teams during conference play is harder than beating teams in the playoffs or at nationals." "Oh, really?"

Same shit could be argued for other men's sports. I think what numbnuts meant to say is that winning in WBB and baseball is harder in the SEC than in the Big 12. No shit?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

There's so much to laugh at in those posts, but one in particular caused me to chuckle out loud -- the ag rube who said he would prefer to have Bama as the chief rival.  To the extent Bama even thinks about aggy (which is probably only in the week leading up to their games), how far down Bama's list of rivals is aggy?  They would certainly come after Auburn, Tennessee, Georgia, LSU, Miss. State, and Ole Miss -- that's at least six schools off the top of my head that Bama considers rivals ahead of poor aggy.  There are probably others that I'm not even thinking about.  

I'll sum it up for the Aggie rubes. Texas fans are always embarrassed to lose to Aggie. Texas fans are disappointed when we lose to OU and embarrassed only by the play on the field. I have rooted for Aggie to win numerous times. I honestly don't think I have ever rooted for OU to win. I hate those fuckers. Aggie is like little brother to me. I enjoy beating the fuck out of him and hope he never grows up big enough to do the same to me.

• Hook 'Em 2

35 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FxeODZiWAAwflLe?format=jpg&name=mediumFxeODydWAAUwtNL?format=jpg&name=mediumFxeOEKVX0AAahjV?format=jpg&name=mediumFxeOEhqXgAAtDes?format=jpg&name=mediumFxeOFpKWwAAUbeT?format=jpg&name=mediumFxeOGGKWABocaeJ?format=jpg&name=mediumFxeOGd3WAAQQsKA?format=jpg&name=mediumFxeOGwxWABETg2x?format=jpg&name=mediumFxeOHKSXwAAaGce?format=jpg&name=mediumFxeOHdqWABsFIiG?format=jpg&name=medium

So much to delight in here, in the last pic. "We're more like Ok St and Auburn versus Texas, OU, and Bama. Different cultures." We know, dipshit, a culture of winning versus a culture of losing. A culture of Big Brother versus a culture of Little Brother. It's what we've literally been telling you for decades. 

I also appreciate the knob who can't understand the "That's my fetish" smiling guy gif from Survivor. Yeah, we're the guy smiling when YOU found out we were joining. You illiterate dipshit. If they're implying otherwise, they're full on delusional. Do you know how I know, because we watched them literally have their AD throw a public temper tantrum when he found out, and they to this day whine about how Sankey betrayed them. 

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Carl Spackler said:

The ags who claim that Texas hates aggy more than OU are confusing derision with hatred.

I get tired of the whole hate thing anyway. The only people who actually raise a sports rivalry to the level of hatred and good versus evil are these sorry fucks. Most use the word figuratively. I don't really hate any of our opponents even the Aggies. I want to see them fail most of the time, but that's not out of hate; it's out of rivalry and the trivial shit attached to that which I cannot but help get emotional about.

Only Aggies believe that their main rival actually represents every despicable human trait. Adherence to this is the foundation of their cult because they don't know who they are without the Great Satan in Austin that they've invented to provide that identity through absurd contrast.

All of this is why, yes, I'm kind of obsessed with Aggies and not Sooners, or Hogs, or Crimson Tides. Those schools aren't stalkers who think endlessly about their rivals. Gulp. They're kind of like us for the most part.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So much to delight in here, in the last pic. "We're more like Ok St and Auburn versus Texas, OU, and Bama. Different cultures." We know, dipshit, a culture of winning versus a culture of losing. A culture of Big Brother versus a culture of Little Brother. It's what we've literally been telling you for decades. 

I also appreciate the knob who can't understand the "That's my fetish" smiling guy gif from Survivor. Yeah, we're the guy smiling when YOU found out we were joining. You illiterate dipshit. If they're implying otherwise, they're full on delusional. Do you know how I know, because we watched them literally have their AD throw a public temper tantrum when he found out, and they to this day whine about how Sankey betrayed them. 

I do like the implied anti-Texas solidarity with those schools when Texas and OSU fans generally get along and Texas and Auburn fans mutually don't think about each other at all.

image.png.1c727ab31af7b09a87c7a5f661923ccb.png

They keep repeating this shit. Now they accept it as fact. There is nothing gentlemanly about the Texas-OU rivalry. Imagine Barry Switzer and Darrell Royal getting together for a few beers and talking over who gets what. "Attached at the hip" is the newest of phrases to wear out.

image.png.3c7ac3145fd8b45ef51f1946fdb03e7a.png

5-7 laughing stock but at least they put the lie to 8T4.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

I just don’t think that Aggie can conceive that UT will always hate them but might actually respect them if they actually do something. I feel that way about OU.  Hate them but got to respect them for at least football (and their softball is legit) and all their accomplishments.  There is difference in pure hatred and pure hatred and annoyance. ATM is the epitome of fucking annoying because they talk about all the great things they’ll do but haven’t acutely done those things.  And how do you know how to do those things when you’ve actually never done them….but then again, trying to understand Aggie is always going to be a problem.  

I used to have a co-worker who graduated from Tech, and he summed all of this up perfectly: Texas and Oklahoma are the Big Brother and his Cool Friend/Enemy.  aggy is the Middle Brother who desperately wants Big Brother's attention and will follow him around and act a fool trying to get it.  Tech is the Youngest Brother who does the same with Middle Brother, but mainly just likes to piss them all off.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Scheiss Meister said:

I used to have a co-worker who graduated from Tech, and he summed all of this up perfectly: Texas and Oklahoma are the Big Brother and his Cool Friend/Enemy.  aggy is the Middle Brother who desperately wants Big Brother's attention and will follow him around and act a fool trying to get it.  Tech is the Youngest Brother who does the same with Middle Brother, but mainly just likes to piss them all off.

that-makes-sense-hubie-dubois.gif

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread