Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

35 minutes ago, Horndog said:

I may be alone, but I turned that movie off about 20 minutes in and never looked back. I figure I gained an hour or so in my life to do something fun. 

20 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Your loss -- that movie is a goddamn masterpiece.

A masterpiece is only a masterpiece to those smart enough to know what a masterpiece is.

4 hours ago, C-Man said:

You from SA?

The UH game is the only game I can recall that the fans rushed the field. What an atmosphere.

And somebody remind Billy that our number of wins over Top 5 teams at home is smaller because we never play our biggest rival in Austin.

And we beat them in their house on occasion.

Enough of the flick talk.

Edited by Armybrat

5 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I'll join you. Animal House, Caddyshack, and the Monty Python movies are beyond my reach in the humor department. Watched all of them and none of them made me laugh once.

Too far. The classic scenes in CS and AH are still funny. Monty python is classic, like the 3 stooges. And hating on Raising Arizona?  What’s next? Hating on Big Lebowski?

4 hours ago, TheAuditor said:

Raising Arizona? 

4 hours ago, Horndog said:

I may be alone, but I turned that movie off about 20 minutes in and never looked back. I figure I gained an hour or so in my life to do something fun. 

You are not alone. I’ve never finished Raising Arizona. I love other Coen Bros movies. Not “O Brother Where Art Thou” because it also isn’t funny, but most of the others. 

• Rage+1 1

45 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

You are not alone. I’ve never finished Raising Arizona. I love other Coen Bros movies. Not “O Brother Where Art Thou” because it also isn’t funny, but most of the others. 

What exactly do you find funny? Outside of the football board, of course.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

It's hilarious that aggy thinks they have more resources than Tech, UH, and Baylor in MBB.

it's also hilarious that aggy thinks their 1/3rd AUF payment means they own any of the PUF or that the PUF constitutes any % of their endowment

they own 0% because they are still a branch of The University according to the Constitution of 1876 which has never been amended to legalize their separation

42 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Not round, obviously. 

Sometimes, there's a post... I won't say a hero, 'cause, what's a hero? But sometimes, there's a post. And I'm talkin' about the Duck here. Sometimes, there's a post, well, it's the post for its time and place. It fits right in there. And that's this post. By the Duck, from del Muerto. 

Sometimes, there's a post.

• Like 2

if he is impervious to old time hockey i would suspect the coen brothers are a bridge too far
guessing ctj thinks blazing saddles was the pinnacle of comedy
Was it not? Also, never seen raising Arizona and also think "O Brother where art thou" was one of the worst movies ever made.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

“O Brother Where Art Thou” because it also isn’t funny

man you are digging a really deep hole - the only other people who have ever posted here that i could imagine having these takes are duke and grendel and i say that having met them and having spent a few hours with both of them in person

1 hour ago, Revolution512 said:

he doesn't think round is funny

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ousux said:
12 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:
if he is impervious to old time hockey i would suspect the coen brothers are a bridge too far

Was it not? Also, never seen raising Arizona and also think "O Brother where art thou" was one of the worst movies ever made.

splitter

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ousux said:
15 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

You prolly prefer Fop over Dapper Dan too, you goddamn troglodyte. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

yes, i now have greater clarity on what it must be like to hang around with ctj; at least he's on our side and this board's best insider

What a bunch of johnny come lately you all are.

Is he is or is he ain't part of this constituency?

Its not like he's ever called us miscegenated! 

He's never judged our rough and rowdy past.

He's a forgive and forget type christian, so cut him so slack.

...also WE our his brain trust?

O Brother Where Art Thou Oh Brother GIF - O Brother Where Art Thou Oh  Brother Dance - Discover & Share GIFs

Edited by RollLeft
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, ousux said:
8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

You’re hating on a slapstick interpretation of the Odyssey with an awesome eclectic soundtrack and pitch-perfect acting. Why do you hate America? 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

We've leapt from one flat circle to another. And it's bad. Very bad.

The previous one with Aggie quotes was actually amusing.

spacer.png

My bad. Sorry. I did try to take it to the unpopular opinions thread. 

10 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Ok I'll agree whole heartedly with Raising Arizona bein...boring/weird...but O brother where art thou?

o brother GIF by hero0fwar

o brother GIF by hero0fwar

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I think context matters on things like how funny we perceive a film to be - your age upon viewing, hell even your environment and mood.

I thought Animal House was great, but I also first saw it when I was 11 or 12. I may not have thought so if I first saw it as an adult (I need to really be in the mood for sophomoric humor to even kinda enjoy it).

I have come to realize that the zenith of all comedy is TexAgs screenshots.

Ah well, can’t beat ‘em…..

I was 33 when Animal House came out. 
Thought it was hilarious because  some of the Delta House characters combined were a mirror image of myself at UT in the same 1962 era. 
And it featured some titties.

Caddyshack was amusing.

Fuck aggy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

23 hours ago, closetojumping said:

To be clear, USC did make a run at CDC. Liucci probably heard that from the USC side and ran with it, trying to make it a story. Problem is, Liucci doesn't understand critical differences between ATM and Texas at core levels. He's got an asymmetrical information gap working against him and there is no way in hell he will ever be able to see it or understand it. His insecurity and bias would never allow for that kind of learning.

He heard "we're targeting Del Conte" from one of the USC losers and immediately assumed that, and needed to see that, USC would sweep CDC off of his feet. Why? 1) He watched it happen at ATM, "so why wouldn't it also happen at Texas?" and 2) He knows somewhere deep down that Del Conte is damned good at what he does, so it benefitted his outlook to believe that he'd leave. 

Texas isn't ATM, Billdo. Texas isn't a little dicked little brother constantly getting sand kicked in its face by the rest of the world on every level. USC is a fucking mess. Texas can always match the money side of it. Texas is the premier athletic department in the country and still, Del Conte gets to be responsible for helping it transition into a better place and has his legacy stamped all over it. Del Conte doesn't need to go somewhere else to be fulfilled in his ambitions. You dumb, insecure motherfucker. 

FJbVtjdXMAIz_zS.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Things that are actually funny. Stuff like Wedding Crashers, Fletch, Ghostbusters, Seinfeld, Veep, A Confederacy of Dunces, this thread, unintentionally humorous traits exhibited by patrons of this site and stuff like that in real life. I watched all of those things I named that aren't funny as an adult and, they aren't funny to me. To each their own, but it's not like I'm dry as a Popeye's biscuit on this board like Reese Bennett or something.

5 hours ago, nnm said:

My bad. Sorry. I did try to take it to the unpopular opinions thread. 

Don't sweat Roma. It's part of his charm and schtick that he gets super crotchety when this thread deviates for all of half of a page for any reason. It's actually funny to me because right when I start expecting him to show up and cajoles us, he shows up and cajoles us.

Edited by closetojumping
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Things that are actually funny. Stuff like Wedding Crashers, Fletch, Ghostbusters, Seinfeld, Veep, A Confederacy of Dunces, this thread, unintentionally humorous traits exhibited by patrons of this site and stuff like that in real life. I watched all of those things I named that aren't funny as an adult and, they aren't funny to me. To each their own, but it's like I'm dry as a Popeye's biscuit on this board like Reese Bennett or something.

Don't sweat Roma. It's part of his charm and schtick that he gets super crotchety when this thread deviates for all of half of a page for any reason. It's actually funny to me because right when I start expecting him to show up and cajoles us, he shows up and cajoles us.

spacer.png

I find it funny that I make the list of what you find funny considering those things that you do not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

I'm starting to miss all the southwest airline threads.

Goddamn there is a lot of whining about the movie tangent in this thread. It's June. Maybe we should be talking about who makes the best chicken fried steak instead? Or maybe a good ol' fashioned thread about cheese-based puns?

At least with this thread I'm learning that CTJ's sense of humor is bafflingly inconsistent.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Not bad. Feel like it would have been next level if you'd gone with The Ladykillers, A Serious Man, or Inside Llewelyn Davis

I get the hyperbole, but woof.  I think everything CTJ doesn't think is funny, is funny,  and all the stuff he does think is funny,  is also funny,  but that movie sucked out loud. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Things that are actually funny. Stuff like Wedding Crashers, Fletch, Ghostbusters, Seinfeld, Veep, A Confederacy of Dunces, this thread, unintentionally humorous traits exhibited by patrons of this site and stuff like that in real life. I watched all of those things I named that aren't funny as an adult and, they aren't funny to me. To each their own, but it's like I'm dry as a Popeye's biscuit on this board like Reese Bennett or something.

It was National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation that powerfully underwhelmed me. I couldn't believe that boring bit of nothing was the movie so many of my friends treated like a comedic masterpiece.

Napoleon Dynamite also sucked, but the world seems to have come around on that being pretty lame.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, texifornia said:

It was National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation that powerfully underwhelmed me. I couldn't believe that boring bit of nothing was the movie so many of my friends treated like a comedic masterpiece.

Napoleon Dynamite also sucked, but the world seems to have come around on that being pretty lame.

Ooofff. Christmas Vacation is a bridge too far, my friend.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread