Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

31 minutes ago, Vertuzzi said:

I think that performance last night warrants another 8 years plus an additional $45MM guaranteed if you ask me. 

Jimbo isn't giving them a discount.  Well discount coaching sure... but they are paying full price for that.

Do we actually have fans talking about us getting into the cfp?

I haven’t seen anyone mention it, but there’s a bunch of, “we’d be 6-0 if Ewers didn’t get hurt in Q1 of Alabama.” People are saying that we have a great chance of getting to the CCG.

Seems like a pretty solid take if you just look at the win differentials of our losses with/without Ewers.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, RabidM said:

While it's true aggy probably doesn't have enough money to get Ewers to play in Jimbo's offense, someone is going to make him a huge offer if he keeps playing at this level. I assume we'll match... we don't really have a choice. 

He already transferred to Texas.  He would have to sit a year which would just make him draftable.

3 minutes ago, Plorant said:

He already transferred to Texas.  He would have to sit a year which would just make him draftable.

ROFL, I took that post down like 15 seconds after I posted it.  Yes, you're correct.  I realized right after I said it.  But if he still had his transfer, that bidding war would be massive if he keeps this pace up. 

Edited by RabidM
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, RabidM said:

ROFL, I took that post down like 15 seconds after I posted it.  Yes, you're correct.  I realized right after I said it.  But if he still had his transfer, that bidding war would be massive if he keeps this pace up. 

Is that not true of every underclassman all conference level qb going forward?  

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Is that not true of every underclassman all conference level qb going forward?  

I believe so.  The game is so QB dependent some of these guys will be making NFL type money in the near future.  Not $50 million a year, but $10 to $15 million is probably on the horizon.

Edited by RabidM

46 minutes ago, RabidM said:

which is why i roll my eyes at people who think "nil is going to ruin college football".  if anything does it, it's the portal and new transfer rules.

• Hook 'Em 5

"He was still 11 of 19 for 111 yards..." 

Wow. A whole 5.84 yards per attempt with a 57.9 completion percentage against a demonstrably shitty defense. You're absolutely right, aggy. Milroe definitely showed out and your team should feel super good about hanging with such an offensive mega star 

21 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

How does Bama make two extremely mediocre A&M QBs look like Aaron Rodgers. They don’t let any other schools QBs look good. Calzada actually looked good but Haynes got lucky and his WRs helped him a lot. But like Calzada, Haynes will suck again soon. 

if you want to laugh, look at the EPA/Dropback and EPA/Rush for A&M:

image.png.b03326411b5c01e82a1871ca0a6eb365.png

the *only* reason this was anything close to a game was Milroe not passing for shit (4th percentile)

King looked "good" and still only was a 35th percentile performance per dropback and 25th in yards (literally all you need to know is that they had almost the exact same yards per dropback that Bama had with Milroe lol)

they were somehow *LESS* successful than Alabama on when passing and on passing downs

image.png.e1698329ae398b0b944190ebd3248bba.png

look at the drive data lol

image.png.3562c4754c2e85169c2380d4284bc0a9.png

the Bama Offense was horrific in the game.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

A very large basis of their optimism is that their mighty defense "forced" all those turnovers.  Would they have been able to force those against a QB NOT named Milroe? 

• SHSU - 2 turnovers (1 INT / 1 FMBL) - 1 QB turnover
  • App - 0 turnovers
  • Mia- 1 turnover (1 FMBL) - 0 QB turnovers
  • ARK - 1 turnover (1 FMBL) - 1 QB turnover - trying to extend ball over the goal line from the 3
  • MSST - 1 turnover (1 FMBL) - 0 QB turnovers
  • Bama - 4 turnovers (1 INT / 3 FMBL) - 3 QB turnovers

Maybe, just maybe, aggy was beneficiary of Alabama having to rely on a shitty qb w/BoB setting up a "gameplan" for said shitty qb, rather than the "coming of age of the new wrecking crew"

That was the problem with Milroe and BOB! BOB’s plan was to run the same offense, as if his starter was back there, because Hey that’s our offense!

Dumb ass kept Milroe in the pocket to make throws, when he should’ve rolled the kid out in space and then have the throw/run option! Their whole offensive ineptitude was purely on BOB not adjusting their scheme to their QB’s talents. He might be a better passer, out of the pocket, in a year or so, but when you only have one week to prepare, you go with the kid’s strengths.

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 5

11 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

A very large basis of their optimism is that their mighty defense "forced" all those turnovers.  Would they have been able to force those against a QB NOT named Milroe? 

• SHSU - 2 turnovers (1 INT / 1 FMBL) - 1 QB turnover
  • App - 0 turnovers
  • Mia- 1 turnover (1 FMBL) - 0 QB turnovers
  • ARK - 1 turnover (1 FMBL) - 1 QB turnover - trying to extend ball over the goal line from the 3
  • MSST - 1 turnover (1 FMBL) - 0 QB turnovers
  • Bama - 4 turnovers (1 INT / 3 FMBL) - 3 QB turnovers

Maybe, just maybe, aggy was beneficiary of Alabama having to rely on a shitty qb w/BoB setting up a "gameplan" for said shitty qb, rather than the "coming of age of the new wrecking crew"

Alabama still ran the ball at will with Gibbs. 

My main takeaway from this game was how shitty aggys DL is. Alabama was the definition of 1 dimensional in this game because 1) Milroe can't throw and 2) BOB is a moron that refused to use Milroe in the read option game. 

aggy had 9 guys in the box for a lot of this game and they still couldn't stop Gibbs. Our DL did a substantially better job of controlling the line of scrimmage and that was with a Heisman caliber QB. 

• Hook 'Em 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread