Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

7 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.cbd321416fc815f48f16bd5e31b1b0e4.png

No wonder the rest of college football is in awe of A&M's grasp and usage of NIL. Even their fans have a profound knowledge of what is going on.

spacer.png

aggy jokes aside, I could see the spring games being one of the next things our TV overlords try to monetize. Half field/red zone practices can’t be getting a good number on ESPN. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

aggy jokes aside, I could see the spring games being one of the next things our TV overlords try to monetize. Half field/red zone practices can’t be getting a good number on ESPN. 

It would be fun to host Texas State or another smaller Texas school for a controlled scrimmage. I'm sure coaches don't want to scrimmage against equitable teams because it would likely affect the rankings and bring heat on the losing coach.

The smaller school gets a check and their players get to play in DKR Memorial Stadium. The fans get a more interesting event.

8 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

It would be fun to host Texas State or another smaller Texas school for a controlled scrimmage. I'm sure coaches don't want to scrimmage against equitable teams because it would likely affect the rankings and bring heat on the losing coach.

The smaller school gets a check and their players get to play in DKR Memorial Stadium. The fans get a more interesting event.

Yeah it feels like a decade of talking about doing this. I'd personally like to see it, but it feels like another red line for college coaches. They want full and final control of their practices. But if the XFL shits the bed, and they will, I could see ESPN ordering it. 

Sark's spring games are especially brutal. Basically situational football practice for 2 hours. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

ATM is the collegiate analog to the guy who wakes up everyday and all he encounters, all day long, are assholes. Every.Fucking.Day.  Can’t figure it out, man, something’s wrong with this world.

Hmmm I don't like this analogy one bit. Asshole. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

ATM is the collegiate analog to the guy who wakes up everyday and all he encounters, all day long, are assholes. Every.Fucking.Day.  Can’t figure it out, man, something’s wrong with this world.

Self-righteously indignant aggie is the best aggie. Lack of self-awareness is a constant, but the indignance fades every now and then when things go their way for a while. It’s awesome when they come crashing back to earth and meet the reality of their perpetual futility.

Also, they’re actually claiming a conspiracy here that I believe is correct and an ongoing truth - they don’t have any friends at the NCAA and when the NCAA can slight them in some way, they absolutely will.

The difference between their conspiracy theories on why it’s happening and the truth is where I disagree with them. They think it’s some bizarre scenario of the world of college athletics being threatened by their potential prowess while in reality, they can’t help but constantly pull the bookshelf down on top of themselves. They held a press conference and sent a 9 page dossier out last March bemoaning a conspiracy from the NCAA to keep their shitty basketball team from playing in the tournament. Now they’re shocked at potential repercussions. Greatness. 

Even outside of the NCAA having a laugh at their expense, they scheduled the Little Sisters of the Poor in the fall and proceeded to lose to two of them. The Committee HATES Q4 losses.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

Their ability to overlook their blatant shortcomings and circle the wagons around getting one slot lower than they think they deserve in the seeding is pretty incredible. Once again they think this is about the NCAA's conspiracy to force us to play each other. I am sure the committee gave looked at their Q4 losses and spent about 5 seconds considering their seeding. 

5 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

image.png.46184541cf00553524ba67063b95a26e.png

No one sniffs defenses the way A&M does. They're masters of it likely due to their prowess at meat judging.

image.png.7e3548ad075565e6d604fb4f263954d4.png

Plus, and I won't act like I watch as much college basketball as I do football, but I watch plenty, and the notion that Texas hasn't faced physically tough and sound defenses all season is also a fucking joke. Most of these rubes do the same thing in basketball that they do in football - watch some ATM games and then follow headlines and highlights in search of validation or outrage.

• Hook 'Em 1

All of the bitching and moaning about being a 7 seed, instead of being a 6 or 5 seed .... It amounts to basically having to play a 10-seed in the first round instead of a 11 or 12, and then either a 2, 3, or 4 seed in the second round. So fucking what? Win the games.

If you lose to a 10-seed, your team sucks and you didn't deserve a higher ranking.

If you can't beat a 2-seed, then your team sucks and you weren't going to win the tourney anyhow. 

This meltdown is almost as big as our move to the SEC, and they are somehow tying our SEC move into this which is comical. 

But this... this takes the cake. They should have pressed for "veto power". Something no other school has, but they should have it even though they are an afterthought to the league. 

image.thumb.png.9e253e21f14762fec47d074986e8d492.png

• Haha 8

The idea that Slive wouldn't have welcomed UT into the conference might be my favorite little article of faith they believe and hold onto so tightly.  

Blocking Texas as commissioner would be grounds for dismissal. 

It's not 1955 anymore aggy. I know that upsets you in any number of ways (conference congeniality, water fountains, school demographics etc etc).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread