Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

5 hours ago, derpyhorndog said:

Best guess is Mike Malham Jr. He played during the 70s (and was a two-time Academic All American) at Arkansas State, and went on to be drafted and play a couple years for the Chicago Bears. He then coached high school football in Arkansas for 38 years (starting in 1978) and won two state championships before retiring in 2019. 

His father (Mike Malham Sr.) also coached football in Arkansas from 1949 to 1989 -- 22 years at the high school ranks, and 19 seasons at Arkansas State. Father and son are both in the Arkansas High School Coaches Association Hall of Fame and Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame.

Malham Sr. is described by one person as "a self-styled Bear Bryant type." Bear was from Arkansas and had a coaching tenure that overlapped with both of the Malham's. Bryant's Alabama team played against Arkansas State in 1982 while Malham Sr. was on staff.

Stands to reason that Bear probably also knew the Malham's through recruiting their high school teams, and that the Malham's, with their ~80 years of combined coaching and prominence in that world, would know many other significant coaches over the decades (and Jr., who is still alive, would have a pulse on things in the SEC footprint).

So yeah, he's my shot-in-the-dark guess assuming this DeSpain guy isn't full of shit in the first place (probably is). 

I just want you to know I appreciate you

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I see they’ve gone from “the pool party will save us!” to “Winning 11 games will save us!” 

To be fair, I think both things are equally likely to happen. 

NO ONE moves goal posts like Texas A&M fans. if only the NCAA offered a national championship in that!

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I see they’ve gone from “the pool party will save us!” to “Winning 11 games will save us!” 

Yep.  Long way until signing day.  Once the Sips go 3-9 and we go 11-1 plus a bowl win, we'll take all their croots.

Fear InoculAg preferred it when it was neat and tidy and only aggy paid players whole sale. (and Oklahoma, and the SEC schools) 

Told  the agroid element in my circle for years that if it ever became an arms race where players were paid above board, that they would be steam rolled in this way.

That bass boat on the credit card and the cul-de-sac house in Katy ain't really 'goin' heels' like they put on, it seems. 

Careful what you ask for, dickheads. 

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Hanrahan said:

Who the fuck gets all riled up from them durn BLM protests and decides an appropriate response is to cancel season football tickets?  He sure showed em!

He prefers his players provide him entertainment without being uppity and without getting any money.  

• Hook 'Em 6

13 minutes ago, texifornia said:

FZvesRTX0Agd5XI?format=jpg&name=mediumFZvetTwXoAAkc2g?format=jpg&name=mediumFZveud0XgAAFaCm?format=jpg&name=mediumFZvezBGWAAIf1ru?format=jpg&name=mediumFZveykLXgAAnVTo?format=jpg&name=mediumFZvezlBWIAMJq9o?format=jpg&name=mediumFZve3xNWQAEPhrT?format=jpg&name=mediumFZve9NpXkAEVtWV?format=jpg&name=medium

313Aggie has my favorite typical aggie response where he goes from stunned to viewing something terrible as an actual sign of something awesome about to happen. God, it's just awesome. "Wait, this is fucking terrible news. ... Maybe it's a sign that we're about to steal a player from Alabama that lives in Alabama and is a priority for Alabama!!! Yes!!!"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

• aggy roster just "too full of stars", "loaded"  
  • "we certainly didn't lose any NIL partners"  
  • So many "studs" 
  • We are a "10+ win team" 
  • On the cusp of "perennial contenders" 
  • "looking at a historic run of football success"

The fall this year is going to be extra sweet.  I mean it's fun every year but there's going to be some serious hair pulling and teeth gnashing this year.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Scholz said:
  • aggy roster just "too full of stars", "loaded"  
  • "we certainly didn't lose any NIL partners"  
  • So many "studs" 
  • We are a "10+ win team" 
  • On the cusp of "perennial contenders" 
  • "looking at a historic run of football success"

The fall this year is going to be extra sweet.  I mean it's fun every year but there's going to be some serious hair pulling and teeth gnashing this year.

spacer.png

Please, God, we pray for another Covid season to once again reveal our true and eternal greatness.

We pray that the sleeping giant awakens.

We thank You for Your Favored Son, Jimbo, our Savior,.

Lastly, Dear God, we pray for the ramping of the Holy NIL to deliver us from evil.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

They still can't comprehend the difference between bags and NIL. Every school around them have been announcing NIL collectives, or have premier players showcasing NIL. Jimbo is still dumbfounded and the aggy brass is about as prepared for this thing a year in as we were at the start of it all.

• Hook 'Em 1

• texifornia changed the title to Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread