TEAM USA vs THE WORLD (ok 5 teams)

petscii

5 hours ago, Helobious said:

WBC was/is so much better. Glad baseball is back in the olympics though. 

I watched Japan / DR.   Looked like Japan was going to lose until the 9th.  Brisk game though.

I think the CWS champion should be the team that represents us in the Olympics.   

• Hook 'Em 1

The USA baseball team features 12 former NCAA baseball players, including 2013 Men's College World Series champion Eric Filia of UCLA. Team USA will play Israel at 6 a.m. ET on Friday, Jul 30 and South Korea at 6 a.m. ET on Saturday, July 31.   Knockout phase begins 1 Aug.

https://www.usabaseball.com/team-usa/professional-team/roster

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fimage.mail2.ncaa.com%2Flib%2Ffe5815707d6d067e7c13%2Fm%2F8%2F59cb6139-c3d1-4679-b31a-6cc5705da781.jpg&t=1627572238&ymreqid=b82d572a-2631-9bf2-1c08-c1000001d400&sig=XRHPG3uiN11DyMRkwh.zSw--~D

Edited by torre

Oops, Japan was the home team.  Anyway, going to extras now.  Japan tied it on an RBI grounder.  Manfred ball coming up!

Oh, it's juiced up Manfred ball.  Runners start on 1st and 2nd.  Todd Frazier leading off - I'm sure he'll be able to bunt them over.

Edited by WBT

Bunt them over, double off the wall to get 'em in.  Easy game.

Japan goes to the semis.  

US will now have to beat the winner of Dominican Republic-Israel and then the loser of Japan-South Korea to make the final.  If I'm reading this fucked up bracket right.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1

40 minutes ago, WBT said:

Bunt them over, double off the wall to get 'em in.  Easy game.

Japan goes to the semis.  

US will now have to beat the winner of Dominican Republic-Israel and then the loser of Japan-South Korea to make the final.  If I'm reading this fucked up bracket right.

Appreciate the updates  !

1 hour ago, WBT said:

Dominican Republic beat Israel 7-6.  Now, we play DR tonight at 10.  Loser finishes in 4th, winner is guaranteed at least a bronze.

Interesting. I would like to see this game.

Um...anybody have any ideas on how I might do that?

But Kazmir gets a couple ground balls and we get out of it. USA! USA!

Um...I have to work tomorrow though so I probably won't last much past the 3rd inning. Hopefully NBC app lets me catch a replay tomorrow.

Edited by Valmy77

1 minute ago, UTexasFight said:

Not sure

i just know nbc sports app is what I just downloaded on my phone and it works

roku tv is tied up with Astros/Dodgers 

yeah, having the NBC app and the Peacock app wasn't enough for me to watch THE FUCKING OLYMPICS. i had to download a third NBC app just to watch THE FUCKING OLYMPICS. whoever the head of NBC is, i hope he dies in the next 5-10 minutes. jesus christ what a bunch of bullshit. 

1 minute ago, shadow_operative said:

NBC just rocketed ahead of FOX for my most hated network for sports. seriously fuck everyone responsible for this retarded shit. 

What's funny is the nbcolympics website is actually pretty great if you have a cable login.

It's trying to watch it on an actual TV that seems to have been a nightmare for everyone. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

NBC just rocketed ahead of FOX for my most hated network for sports. seriously fuck everyone responsible for this retarded shit. 

Well, the actual NBC Sports Network is getting the ax by the end of the year so there’s that.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/media/2021/01/22/nbcsn-to-shut-down-2021/6678669002/

• Hook 'Em 1