Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

1:44:30 Looch tells us that the people in Austin are 100% obsessed with everything Texas A&M. HAH! 

1:56:00 Gabe reviews Looch's tweet trolling Texas. And of course, this leads to rant about how aggy gettin errrrbody and Herman is done in state. 

2:07:45 Looch breaks down Shepherd's weekend in Austin and how aggy still has a chance. 

http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/TexAgsRadio/~5/-f0FXzcJ3NA/0111736-fqhq.mp3

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

1:44:30 Looch tells us that the people in Austin are 100% obsessed with everything Texas A&M. HAH! 

1:56:00 Gabe reviews Looch's tweet trolling Texas. And of course, this leads to rant about how aggy gettin errrrbody and Herman is done in state. 

2:07:45 Looch breaks down Shepherd's weekend in Austin and how aggy still has a chance. 

Honestly, i love these guys.  

9 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

1:44:30 Looch tells us that the people in Austin are 100% obsessed with everything Texas A&M. 

well to the degree that's true it's because a third of all Aggies fucking move here after they graduate from Shithole State

they dream of Steiner Ranch but they'll settle for Avery Ranch

13 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

2 hours? How long are these morons show? Longhorn blitz is barely a hour and I think that's too long. 2 hours? hahaha, I guess the best part is knowing the aggy fam is sitting around in full maroon jogging suits listening to the aggy prime minister tell them all how it is. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

2 hours? How long are these morons show? Longhorn blitz is barely a hour and I think that's too long. 2 hours? hahaha, I guess the best part is knowing the aggy fam is sitting around in full maroon jogging suits listening to the aggy prime minister tell them all how it is. 

They have a 3 hour show every day. And then there's the Bellucci hour 2 times a week. 

40 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

well to the degree that's true it's because a third of all Aggies fucking move here after they graduate from Shithole State 

they dream of Steiner Ranch but they'll settle for Avery Ranch

I've learned so much about Austin-area master planned communities that end with "Ranch" today

1 minute ago, Newy25 said:

Good lord. What on Earth can you talk about for 3 hours a day? 

Well the first 30 minutes of the show was them talking about the super bowl commercials that turned in to Olin Buchanan railing against the far left liberal media, if that sort of thing tickles your fancy. 

4 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

Well the first 30 minutes of the show was them talking about the super bowl commercials that turned in to Olin Buchanan railing against the far left liberal media, if that sort of thing tickles your fancy. 

A 3 hour echo chamber, in other words. I imagine the big bad  media conspiracy of TU is probably worth an hour a day. 

Louie Belina, on his own, is usually fairly palatable. Still wears maroon tinted glasses, but is not over the top like Luigi. But put him in company of his fellow aggy "journalists" and he reverts to the mean. Still, it is exceptionally easy to predict that he will be the first among them to turn on Baggins. Probably a full season after it becomes obvious to the rest of the world that he needs to go, but still earlier than any other aggy will say so.

2 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Louie Belina, on his own, is usually fairly palatable. Still wears maroon tinted glasses, but is not over the top like Luigi. But put him in company of his fellow aggy "journalists" and he reverts to the mean. Still, it is exceptionally easy to predict that he will be the first among them to turn on Baggins. Probably a full season after it becomes obvious to the rest of the world that he needs to go, but still earlier than any other aggy will say so.

He had the best post game call in shows after aggy losses. I wish those were podcasted somewhere. 

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy posters keep asking Perroni why Jimbo never did an in-home with Shepherd and he's yet to give an answer.

A source in the program tells me Jimbo tried to schedule the in-home and he got a two-word reply from Shepherd.........

........"FUCK A&M"........

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Dondrysdale1 said:

Anyone got perronis latest?

The lead-up to National Signing Day a year ago was much crazier. A&M only had nine guys ink in December and there were 10 different announcements the Aggies were watching closely on Signing Day or later that week. I was writing VIP notebooks two or three times a day for the couple weeks leading up to it.

While last year was exciting with eight players making their commitments to A&M on the first Wednesday in February, most fans would probably prefer having 23 players already locked in and much less action this time around.

Realistically, there are still four players to watch heading into Wednesday.

----------------------------

-Dyersburg, Tenn., linebacker Christopher Russell is a priority target at perhaps the top position of need. A week ago, he had a final three of A&M, Arkansas and Tennessee. However, after the Vols visited this past week, he canceled his planned official visit there and eliminated the in-state school.

A week ago, I posted that both Arkansas and Tennessee viewed A&M as their main competition for him. That would bode well for the Aggies. However, Russell has kept things pretty close to the vest with both the media and college coaches.

Talking to the Arkansas side, most of them would predict A&M at this point but none are incredibly confident in that. A&M also feels good after his in-home with Jimbo Fisher last week.

This one could go either way still, especially with the fact that Arkansas offered over the summer and has been recruiting him far longer than A&M has, but I would predict the Aggies at this point as well.

Russell still plans to announce on Signing Day.

-After his official visit a week ago, there was some optimism on A&M side with Daphne, Ala., four-star cornerback Christian Williams. Though he is currently committed to Alabama, he is not expected to sign with the in-state school on Wednesday.

It looked to be A&M-Miami battle for him but then he switched his final visit from Oregon to LSU.

After Williams spent this past weekend in Baton Rouge, it looks like he will be a Tiger. LSU was the runner-up for his commitment the first time around.

There is good reason for the Tigers to feel very optimistic about landing Williams. A&M will continue to recruit him until he signs but this one does not look likely to go the Aggies’ way. Miamii also is not out of it and the Canes would be one to at least keep an eye on there.

Williams plans to announce and sign at 8 a.m. on Wednesday.

-Things had looked promising for Houston North Forest four-star offensive tackle Javonne Shepherd early last month.

Though the 6-foot-6, 327-pound lineman had been committed to Texas during the summer, all sides were pretty much hearing that Texas A&M had put itself in a very good position following his official visit in early January.

A pair of official visits on the same weekend to Georgia and Alabama were not incredibly fruitful for those schools. But, Shepherd decided to take his visit to Austin this past weekend. Though he was committed to the Longhorns, he continued to say that the visit might not happen. Texas was not sure if it would either.

Giving the caveat that Shepherd has always been a bit of a wild card, it would be pretty surprising at this point if he did not stick with Texas when he signs at 1 p.m. on Wednesday.

That being said, A&M and the other two SEC schools have remained in contact and almost nothing would be too shocking at this point.

-There have been some questions regarding Fort Bend Dulles athlete Ainias Smith and his standing with A&M. I think there’s a good chance he ends up in Aggieland.

Jimbo Fisher and Darrell Dickey went by his school to meet with him this past week. They talked to him about where he would fit in at A&M. Though there is a need at corner in the class, the Aggies still like him with the ball in his hands.

Smith has made a public commitment to A&M and, as of now, is planning to sign with the Aggies. There have been conflicting reports on where A&M stands with that but, from the Smith side, the staff has apparently reassured him.

Now, Washington is the school that has gotten into the mix as the main competition should he end up elsewhere. The Huskies recently offered and, while he did not officially visit, he is at least still considering them.

As for the two unsigned Aggie commits, I do not believe A&M Consolidated four-star defensive tackle Josh Ellison is likely to sign on Wednesday. He could either choose to go the junior college route or use a semester and continue to take the tests if he chooses.

Four-star Katy Taylor defensive end Braedon Mowry is in better shape, though.

I have not confirmed it 100 percent but I believe he will sign Wednesday. And, if he does not due to the fact that A&M may feel that the academics are still a bit uncertain, most think he will eventually qualify. Even if he does not sign, he could still enroll as long as there is room under the 85. It would allow other schools to continue recruiting him, but that has also been the case up until now and he has remained solid.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikey4 said:

Here's my concern. This is 2 years IN A ROW that aggy has pulled someone from San Antonio. It sounds like Texas is now shut out of San Antonio for good. My question is whether we can reasonably expect to do any more recruiting in Texas? Maybe just focus on 2* recruits that aren't good enough for the SEC? Or do we just need to shut down recruiting in Texas from now on and just recruit out of state?

ChZCYjcW4AAU4-o.jpg

• Like 1

From 9:00 to 23:00, Looch goes on a great rant about 'the shusher, the goose neck, and the bathwater boys', how "Tom Herman rubs some recruits the wrong way, and I'm not talking about at a massage parlor" (he was really proud of himself for this one), Lay's into texags posters for caring about Texas so much (!!!!!!!), and even admits that the memes that have been made about him, like the dick sucking one on the sideline and the Iraq info minister, he really likes and it doesn't phase him. 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0111737-audu.mp3

32 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

From 9:00 to 23:00, Looch goes on a great rant about 'the shusher, the goose neck, and the bathwater boys', how "Tom Herman rubs some recruits the wrong way, and I'm not talking about at a massage parlor" (he was really proud of himself for this one), Lay's into texags posters for caring about Texas so much (!!!!!!!), and even admits that the memes that have been made about him, like the dick sucking one on the sideline and the Iraq info minister, he really likes and it doesn't phase him. 

https://dts.podtrac.com/redirect.mp3/texags.blob.core.windows.net/audio/0111737-audu.mp3

They are such rubes. Z Smith hates the Hermans so much for paying Courtney’s atty that if he could prove any of his accusations he would have already. 

4 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

If A&M loses Ellison but adds Smith and Russell, their composite score will go from 283.74 to 284.65. Still a bit short of ours at 287.02. 

LSU will jump us both. 

I'm not sure who OU is looking to finish with but I don't think they'll jump either of us. 

So, is everyone here ready for the "SEC finishing with 4 of the top 5 classes in the country" and "SEC West is 3 of the top 5 classes in the country" shit we're going to end up hearing for the next 9 months coming out of College Station? I mean, we know that narrative has to switch from top 1-2 class, and this is the obvious (read: guaranteed) pivot. 

12 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So, is everyone here ready for the "SEC finishing with 4 of the top 5 classes in the country" and "SEC West is 3 of the top 5 classes in the country" shit we're going to end up hearing for the next 9 months coming out of College Station? I mean, we know that narrative has to switch from top 1-2 class, and this is the obvious (read: guaranteed) pivot. 

In all seriousness, I think aggy might have the 4th best class in the SEC West when this cycle is over. 

Alabama for sure. LSU will jump them if they land Sopsher and Lee.

Auburn won't jump them but will have a really good class. They could potentially land 2 more composite 100 recruits in Charles Moore and Mark-Antony Richards. If Pickens qualifies they will have a higher composite average than aggy. They might even have a higher composite avg without Pickens assuming they land Moore and Richards. 

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Aggy posters keep asking Perroni why Jimbo never did an in-home with Shepherd and he's yet to give an answer.

Surprised perroni didn’t make up a story like

”well my sources told me last Sunday after jimbo went to first baptist church of college station he went home and put on his maroon cardigan jumped in his aggy super comfy slippers($9.99 at the school store) had a fried chicken lunch and right before family devotional he prayed and said he felt Shepherd wouldn’t be a great Texas fightin aggum and decided to not schedule a in home visit”

13 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

In all seriousness, I think aggy might have the 4th best class in the SEC West when this cycle is over. 

@SydneyCarton If LSU jumps us, at least we get to spend all offseason joking that "Jimbo didn't even finish with a top two class in the DIVISION." I mean, that kind of trolling will just drive them crazy.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Alabama for sure. LSU will jump them if they land Sopsher and Lee.

Auburn won't jump them but will have a really good class. They could potentially land 2 more composite 100 recruits in Charles Moore and Mark-Antony Richards. If Pickens qualifies they will have a higher composite average than aggy. They might even have a higher composite avg without Pickens assuming they land Moore and Richards. 

Mississippi State has a pretty solid class as well, especially OL and DL.

COLLEGE STATION, Texas -- To be clear, Jimbo Fisher is killing it in recruiting. Texas A&M proudly boasts the nation's No. 4 class according to 247Sports.

Well, in 2019.

"We'll end up being one or two," Fisher said Wednesday during the 2018 National Signing Day. "I'm talking about 10 guys that are right [there]. I'm talking about first-, second-round draft pick guys. There's some phenomenal players."

Again, next year.

HURRY JIMBO, TELL 'EM HOW GREAT YOU ARE. His needless bluster proves that he adapted quickly to A&M's culture. Why in the hell would you put a number on it? There is no point. Now we get to make fun of you for overpromising and underdelivering. 

2 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Jimbo showed up at the house, but because he's so short, every time he rang the doorbell, they could never see him through the peephole, and thought someone was pranking them. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I doubt I'll ever be fully interested enough to find the time to post some of the data I've been tinkering with, but I have some thoughts about the premise you reference. Everyone of course knows that rankings matter and so on and so forth. Rankings can also get inflated, and they can trend pretty strongly at times towards groupthink inflation at the analyst level. A good example of this occurs when a school riding high starts going after a player and his ranking begins to climb without any other new data points. This happened with Texas in the 2000's, Notre Dame before then, and you could argue it's happening now with the SEC in general. 

Rather than leave it at that, I played around with something like the last 4 classes, and rankings for players within each state, and then compared the top 100 national players distributed by state versus overall share of national population. ie., if state x produces 10% of the top 100 players but contributes only 5% of the national population, that state either overindexes legitimately in producing CFB talent, or they're being overrated in the rankings. A quick and dirty continuation of this can be done by then looking at NFL distribution of players by state. Did the same percentage of overindexing occur for each state? Did it swing the other way? What happened? 

Texas, California and Florida all pretty much overindex with football talent produced against their population by more or less consistent percentages at the CFB and NFL levels. Two states stick way the fuck out, however, and in opposite directions. The state of Ohio is consistently underrated by the services vs how many players from OH actually wind up in the NFL. In the 10 states I looked at, which were the SEC states (minus KY, MO and AR), Texas, Cali, and Ohio, the difference wasn't even close. In the opposite direction is Georgia. That state appears to be consistently overrated when comparing recruiting rankings to players in the NFL. And I mean, it's dramatic. So which trough is a healthy chunk of the SEC feeding off of the most outside of FL and TX? Georgia. It's overrated and pumping the rankings for multiple SEC schools in the process. 

I'm traveling and don't have the numbers in front of me, so you can choose to take my word for it, dig in yourself, ignore it, or doubt it. But I figured I'd pass it on in case someone wanted to sniff around further, since I'd sort of sated my interest on it and got busy with other shit.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I doubt I'll ever be fully interested enough to find the time to post some of the data I've been tinkering with, but I have some thoughts about the premise you reference. Everyone of course knows that rankings matter and so on and so forth. Rankings can also get inflated, and they can trend pretty strongly at times towards groupthink inflation at the analyst level. A good example of this occurs when a school riding high starts going after a player and his ranking begins to climb without any other new data points. This happened with Texas in the 2000's, Notre Dame before then, and you could argue it's happening now with the SEC in general. 

Rather than leave it at that, I played around with something like the last 4 classes, and rankings for players within each state, and then compared the top 100 national players distributed by state versus overall share of national population. ie., if state x produces 10% of the top 100 players but contributes only 5% of the national population, that state either overindexes legitimately in producing CFB talent, or they're being overrated in the rankings. A quick and dirty continuation of this can be done by then looking at NFL distribution of players by state. Did the same percentage of overindexing occur for each state? Did it swing the other way? What happened? 

Texas, California and Florida all pretty much overindex with football talent produced against their population by more or less consistent percentages at the CFB and NFL levels. Two states stick way the fuck out, however, and in opposite directions. The state of Ohio is consistently underrated by the services vs how many players from OH actually wind up in the NFL. In the 10 states I looked at, which were the SEC states (minus KY, MO and AR), Texas, Cali, and Ohio, the difference wasn't even close. In the opposite direction is Georgia. That state appears to be consistently overrated when comparing recruiting rankings to players in the NFL. And I mean, it's dramatic. So which trough is a healthy chunk of the SEC feeding off of the most outside of FL and TX? Georgia. It's overrated and pumping the rankings for multiple SEC schools in the process. 

I'm traveling and don't have the numbers in front of me, so you can choose to take my word for it, dig in yourself, ignore it, or doubt it. But I figured I'd pass it on in case someone wanted to sniff around further, since I'd sort of sated my interest on it and got busy with other shit.

Great post, and I can see Georgia being overrated. This is off topic, but did you say that Clemson has one of their “recruiting reporters” working as a bagman? I bring this up because I’ve been on their boards lately trying to get a better sense of how they evaluate.

15 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

Great post, and I can see Georgia being overrated. This is off topic, but did you say that Clemson has one of their “recruiting reporters” working as a bagman? I bring this up because I’ve been on their boards lately trying to get a better sense of how they evaluate.

Yes, they allegedly have a bagman that covers them for one of the recruiting networks, Rivals, I think. They allegedly funnel money through a church and pay handlers/family/whatever when they're dealing with a player that needs to get paid. 

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

l In the opposite direction is Georgia. That state appears to be consistently overrated when comparing recruiting rankings to players in the NFL. And I mean, it's dramatic. So which trough is a healthy chunk of the SEC feeding off of the most outside of FL and TX? Georgia. It's overrated and pumping the rankings for multiple SEC schools in the process. 

besmirch the ghost of paul johnson at your own peril.