Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

16 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Damnit all to hell the marine is leaving. That means they have a chance to get someone competent. And a dude who maybe won’t try to only recruit and start a line of 5 guards. 

To be fair Turner's OL isn't Jimbo's first rodeo with a fat slow footed OL. The steaming pile of dogshit he left behind as FSU for example ::

• Like 1

Let me tell it to you as clean as I can. 

Spoiler

Liucci

5:36p

Staff

AG

First things first, those of you whining about a potential drop from "at one point we were No. 2" to No. 4 or 5 in the rankings, I would chill the hell out. If they didn't sign Ellison and Mowry - a pair of four-stars - and added two others that they want while grayshirting those two and getting them here in January, it's 100% BETTER for the program. That's two more players you're able to add to the roster and you're worried about dropping a spot or two in the national signing day rankings? Really???

Second, this probably is going to be a pretty uneventful finish but let me explain what I think is still most likely to happen: Sign a four-star DE who has been committed to you for a while (if not, he'll be a grayshirt), sign a linebacker out of Tennessee that the Vols desperately wanted and who, if you have any type of eye for talent whatsoever, it's plain as day to see is an easy four-star talent in his own right (if you doubt this, go watch the type and get back to me). He's also a guy that the Aggies absolutely prioritized along with Devonta Lee during the NSD stretch. In other words, they needed to add one more LB and they got one of the two they wanted. And then they'll either add an athlete in Ainias Smith who will probably man the slot and offer immediate help in the return game...a guy none other than Jimbo Fisher himself has loved since he saw him this summer and a guy who did have an LOI in front of him during the December signing period when guys that some of you are still dwelling on like Marcus Banks and David Ugwoegbu did not.  

Longer shot that they grab a corner who had scholarship papers from Bama in front of him in December or an offenisve lineman that they pursued from wire-to-wire.

Let's be honest here: The 'anticlimactic' narrative is centered around the simple fact that the Ags are (very) unlikely to flip Javonne. That's it. As Brauny has said, no one is getting excited about Mowry because he's a commit. If they were adding him today or tomorrow, he's about the same as adding Joseph Ossai last year would have been or when A&M inked Jeremiah Martin a year ago at this time.

Liucci

5:43p

Staff

AG

We're talking about what may be the final two additions to what will be a 26-man haul so I think it would be pretty foolish to let such a small piece of a big puzzle cause any real consternation...especially when the actual coaches in Bright will be pretty damn happy with the finish. My prediction: When they look back on how things shake out the only thing they'd have preferred would have been to add Javonne (as far as the stretch run goes). I'm talking about realistic finishes.

Needed to get Russell or Lee.

Still want to see both Mowry and Ellison in Maroon & White.

Wanted Javonne to round out OL class.

Would have liked to add one more corner but wanted to do better than Banks. Pursued Ward and backed off, liked Williams and would have taken him. Still might pull something off and get him though unlikely.

Wanted to somehow squeeze Ainias into the class and there's really zero way of telling who will be a better get out of him, Ward and Williams. Only time will tell.

Again, the only hit was not flipping the big man. Credit Texas for keeping him and signing three Texans in 2019 that the Aggies actually wanted.

Liucci

6:50p

Staff

AG

6 pm update: The Ags are still working to pull off the improbable with Shepherd but don't expect anything there. If it happens, I'd consider it one of the three or four biggest surprises (good or bad) I've covered on NSD. Wild how that one turned and pretty comical/sad when you go back and look at what some of the Longhorn fans said about the young man and what many of those covering his recruitment on the Texas side insinuated when it looked as if they were losing him.

Things still seem to be holding steady with Dulles ATH Ainias Smith and Tennessee LB Chris Russell. Would be pretty surprising to see either not ink with the Maroon & White tomorrow.

The Ags are working it behind the scenes but it's highly unlikely they land Christian Williams, who is leaning hard to Miami. It sounds like LSU may have backed off at some point during or after his official to Baton Rouge last weekend and the Canes (it was originally between A&M and The U before the Bayou Bengals entered the picture) look to be the last team standing. To be honest, I'm not even sure how hard the Ags are going to push here between tonight and tomorrow.

With all of that said, it's looking more and more like a Mowry, Russell, Smith close for Fisher and the Aggies but, even with roughly 12 hours to go until NSD, there are still a couple of moving parts.

Per Brauny, Josh Ellison's plan is to grayshirt, which is pretty big news for the Ags and the local standout as I've been wondering for a while if he was going to be forced to take the JC route. If the Aggies are able to have him on campus next January, he'd essentially be a member of the 2020 class. As of today, I'm honestly not sure there is a take in the state of Texas in terms of pure defensive tackles so Ellison counting forward would certainly help balance things out.

For some reason, a couple of you have asked me about Ishmael Sopsher. There's been nothing to that on the A&M side of things down the stretch (the Ags made their run prior to the early signing period and continued to recruit the five-star DT but nothing ever materialized in terms of January interest) but I did hear today that folks on the Bama side of things feel like they're getting him. Would be a pretty big blow to LSU to lose an in-state difference-maker in the trenches and I'm going to tell you right now, they're going to have to fight to keep current 2020 commit Jaqualin Roy in state, as well. And, yes, I'm talking about the Aggies making the run here.

Finally, the Ags may be wrapping up their Class of 2019 but don't forget we're only a couple of days removed from what I keep trying to tell you guys was a very successful Super Sunday for the Ags when it comes to the 2020 class. Stay tuned and believe me when I say that Fisher and the Aggies are absolutely rolling into the next cycle.

23 minutes ago, theaveragejon said:

Damnit all to hell the marine is leaving. That means they have a chance to get someone competent. And a dude who maybe won’t try to only recruit and start a line of 5 guards. 

Who says Jimbo isn't dictating OL recruiting to begin with? 

A&M's OL recruiting is very similar to Jimbo's OL recruiting at FSU. Guard heavy with little to no focus on tackles. Jimbo runs the offense so I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's the one making the decisions on OL takes. 

Edited by texasstrong12

12 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

First things first, those of you whining about a potential drop from "at one point we were No. 2" to No. 4 or 5 in the rankings, I would chill the hell out. If they didn't sign Ellison and Mowry - a pair of four-stars - and added two others that they want while grayshirting those two and getting them here in January, it's 100% BETTER for the program. That's two more players you're able to add to the roster and you're worried about dropping a spot or two in the national signing day rankings? Really???

Second, this probably is going to be a pretty uneventful finish but let me explain what I think is still most likely to happen: Sign a four-star DE who has been committed to you for a while (if not, he'll be a grayshirt), sign a linebacker out of Tennessee that the Vols desperately wanted and who, if you have any type of eye for talent whatsoever, it's plain as day to see is an easy four-star talent in his own right (if you doubt this, go watch the type and get back to me). He's also a guy that the Aggies absolutely prioritized along with Devonta Lee during the NSD stretch. In other words, they needed to add one more LB and they got one of the two they wanted. And then they'll either add an athlete in Ainias Smith who will probably man the slot and offer immediate help in the return game...a guy none other than Jimbo Fisher himself has loved since he saw him this summer and a guy who did have an LOI in front of him during the December signing period when guys that some of you are still dwelling on like Marcus Banks and David Ugwoegbu did not.  

Longer shot that they grab a corner who had scholarship papers from Bama in front of him in December or an offenisve lineman that they pursued from wire-to-wire.

Let's be honest here: The 'anticlimactic' narrative is centered around the simple fact that the Ags are (very) unlikely to flip Javonne. That's it. As Brauny has said, no one is getting excited about Mowry because he's a commit. If they were adding him today or tomorrow, he's about the same as adding Joseph Ossai last year would have been or when A&M inked Jeremiah Martin a year ago at this time.

Liucci

Staff

AG

We're talking about what may be the final two additions to what will be a 26-man haul so I think it would be pretty foolish to let such a small piece of a big puzzle cause any real consternation...especially when the actual coaches in Bright will be pretty damn happy with the finish. My prediction: When they look back on how things shake out the only thing they'd have preferred would have been to add Javonne (as far as the stretch run goes). I'm talking about realistic finishes.

Would have liked to add one more corner but wanted to do better than Banks. Pursued Ward and backed off, liked Williams and would have taken him. Still might pull something off and get him though unlikely.

Wanted to somehow squeeze Ainias into the class and there's really zero way of telling who will be a better get out of him, Ward and Williams. Only time will tell.

Again, the only hit was not flipping the big man. Credit Texas for keeping him and signing three Texans in 2019 that the Aggies actually wanted.

Liucci

Staff

AG

6 pm update: The Ags are still working to pull off the improbable with Shepherd but don't expect anything there. If it happens, I'd consider it one of the three or four biggest surprises (good or bad) I've covered on NSD. Wild how that one turned and pretty comical/sad when you go back and look at what some of the Longhorn fans said about the young man and what many of those covering his recruitment on the Texas side insinuated when it looked as if they were losing him.

Things still seem to be holding steady with Dulles ATH Ainias Smith and Tennessee LB Chris Russell. Would be pretty surprising to see either not ink with the Maroon & White tomorrow.

The Ags are working it behind the scenes but it's highly unlikely they land Christian Williams, who is leaning hard to Miami. It sounds like LSU may have backed off at some point during or after his official to Baton Rouge last weekend and the Canes (it was originally between A&M and The U before the Bayou Bengals entered the picture) look to be the last team standing. To be honest, I'm not even sure how hard the Ags are going to push here between tonight and tomorrow.

With all of that said, it's looking more and more like a Mowry, Russell, Smith close for Fisher and the Aggies but, even with roughly 12 hours to go until NSD, there are still a couple of moving parts.

Per Brauny, Josh Ellison's plan is to grayshirt, which is pretty big news for the Ags and the local standout as I've been wondering for a while if he was going to be forced to take the JC route. If the Aggies are able to have him on campus next January, he'd essentially be a member of the 2020 class. As of today, I'm honestly not sure there is a take in the state of Texas in terms of pure defensive tackles so Ellison counting forward would certainly help balance things out.

For some reason, a couple of you have asked me about Ishmael Sopsher. There's been nothing to that on the A&M side of things down the stretch (the Ags made their run prior to the early signing period and continued to recruit the five-star DT but nothing ever materialized in terms of January interest) but I did hear today that folks on the Bama side of things feel like they're getting him. Would be a pretty big blow to LSU to lose an in-state difference-maker in the trenches and I'm going to tell you right now, they're going to have to fight to keep current 2020 commit Jaqualin Roy in state, as well. And, yes, I'm talking about the Aggies making the run here.

Finally, the Ags may be wrapping up their Class of 2019 but don't forget we're only a couple of days removed from what I keep trying to tell you guys was a very successful Super Sunday for the Ags when it comes to the 2020 class. Stay tuned and believe me when I say that Fisher and the Aggies are absolutely rolling into the next cycle.

Ainas Smith is a corner right? He showed bad hands on film and 247 switched him WR to corner. 

28 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Reveal hidden contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Liucci

Staff

AG

Liucci

Staff

AG

Holy shit Looch is pissed off.

27 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

A&M's OL recruiting is very similar to Jimbo's OL recruiting at FSU. Guard heavy with little to no focus on tackles. Jimbo runs the offense so I wouldn't be shocked at all if he's the one making the decisions on OL takes. 

At FSU, Jimbo dictated all the position coaches recruiting moves and offers so I don't imagine he's changed his ways in Lit Station. 

I can’t even read looch anymore. 

Demas flips to Bama - it’s good, we noticed he has had a case of the dropsies lately. Not a loss. 

Leal flips to LSU  - couldn’t have come at a better time, Jimbo has found an equally talented,  if not better (imo) player here in Bryan that has less off the field issues (we’ve heard some things of late) 

Maybe I can write for Texags. JFC. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fattyflattie said:

I can’t even read looch anymore. 

Demas flips to Bama - it’s good, we noticed he has had a case of the dropsies lately. Not a loss. 

Leal flips to LSU  - couldn’t have come at a better time, Jimbo has found an equally talented,  if not better (imo) player here in Bryan that has less off the field issues (we’ve heard some things of late) 

Maybe I can write for Texags. JFC. 

Demas flipping to Bama right before NSD1 is the only true certainty in his recruitment. 

13 minutes ago, George Clooney said:

If the Aggies are able to have him on campus next January, he'd essentially be a member of the 2020 class. As of today, I'm honestly not sure there is a take in the state of Texas in terms of pure defensive tackles so Ellison counting forward would certainly help balance things out.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

So Jimbo wanted Smith all along, but he didn’t sign in December?  What better offer was he waiting on, billy?  Why couldn’t jimbo close him before now?

and getting Ellison and mowry on campus in January doesn’t “add two more players,” it just moves them from 2019 to 2020 and that’s 2 less guys in 2020 unless they don’t sign Smith and that lb and therefore have room to backcount them. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

Lol. Texas only signed three Texans aggy wanted...... meanwhile Texas commits with aggy offers - Whittington, Tyler Johnson, Roschon Johnson, Javinne Shepherd, David Gbenda and T’vondre Sweat that all would have been takes.

And of course he fails to mention that we have another 4 oos commits that aggy would cream their little maroon panties over.  (Smith, Floyd, McCoy, Watson)

I only count 8 of theirs that are takes for us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Lol. Texas only signed three Texans aggy wanted...... meanwhile Texas commits with aggy offers - Whittington, Tyler Johnson, Roschon Johnson, Javinne Shepherd, David Gbenda and T’vondre Sweat that all would have been takes.

And of course he fails to mention that we have another 4 oos commits that aggy would cream their little maroon panties over.  (Smith, Floyd, McCoy, Watson)

I only count 8 of theirs that are takes for us.

Loochi can't even admit that they wanted Banks. It's amazing. 

That Billdo Liucci update is fucking glorious. 

1) Claims they backed off Banks.

2) Claims they backed off Williams and probably wouldn't take him now.

3) Claims they should be excited about Mediocre Ellison and Mowry for two consecutive classes. 

4) Admonishes his minions for not being excited about a 5th or 6th ranked class after touting the fucking premise of a #1 or #2 class for the majority of the cycle.

I have a couple of things that wouldn't shock me tomorrow, and we'd revel in it. 

A) Ellison signs with a JUCO.

B) Russell magically has a change of heart and takes the bigger payout to head to Knoxville. 

Fine, maybe I'm just cheering for either of those to occur.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

That Billdo Liucci update is fucking glorious. 

1) Claims they backed off Banks.

2) Claims they backed off Williams and probably wouldn't take him now.

3) Claims they should be excited about Mediocre Ellison and Mowry for two consecutive classes. 

4) Admonishes his minions for not being excited about a 5th or 6th ranked class after touting the fucking premise of a #1 or #2 class for the majority of the cycle.

I have a couple of things that wouldn't shock me tomorrow, and we'd revel in it. 

A) Ellison signs with a JUCO.

B) Russell magically has a change of heart and takes the bigger payout to head to Knoxville. 

Fine, maybe I'm just cheering for either of those to occur.

Any permutation of that would be great, as long as we’ve redirected talk away from EJ’s shoe tag.

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

To be fair, if the guys are over 6'2" Baggins can't grab their face mask without getting a boost, and that would be a bad look on the sidelines during a game.  

8 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

If the Aggies are able to have him on campus next January, he'd essentially be a member of the 2020 class. As of today, I'm honestly not sure there is a take in the state of Texas in terms of pure defensive tackles

Hide contents

This is an honest question, so please correct me if Im mistaken, but is liucci saying that there isnt a pure DT take in the 2020 class? Or is he JUST saying there isnt one in the 2020 better than Ellison? I mean, eirher way holy fuck. But the 2020 DT narrative is comical. 

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

This is an honest question, so please correct me if Im mistaken, but is liucci saying that there isnt a pure DT take in the 2020 class? Or is he JUST saying there isnt one in the 2020 better than Ellison? I mean, eirher way holy fuck. But the 2020 DT narrative is comical. 

He is saying both.Looch said there isn't a pure DT take in the 2020 class and Ellison is a pure DT take, so obviously he is better. Advantage A&M

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I guess they're counting Broughton and Collins as DEs (which is dumb, they're interior guys), in which case, they're looking at Branard Wright who sucks and Chidozie Nwankwo who is small 

10 hours ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Hide contents

Liucci

Staff

AG

Liucci

Staff

AG

Liucci

Staff

AG

Ok two things jumped out to me

1) Within the last couple days Liucci didn't know if A&M would take Smith. Now he apparently had LOI papers in December? So they would have taken him even if they hadn't missed on Williams, Banks, and Javonne? 

2) Ellison's grades are so bad he can't qualify to play football, but apparently they're still good enough to get in to A&M. 

3 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Ok two things jumped out to me

1) Within the last couple days Liucci didn't know if A&M would take Smith. Now he apparently had LOI papers in December? So they would have taken him even if they hadn't missed on Williams, Banks, and Javonne? 

2) Ellison's grades are so bad he can't qualify to play football, but apparently they're still good enough to get in to A&M. 

Both TD Moton and Rakeem Boyd were both supposed to be borderline special needs. They can make it work.

17 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

He's been rumored to be a qualification risk for over a year now, and now they talk about him like he's a lock to get in with a little extra time

Just now, Terry Silver said:

They rolled out the metaphorical red carpet over the phone.

Another one the aggie $9.95ers use a lot is “Jimbo is keeping an eye on Player X and there’s a developing mutual interest there”.

What does that mean? Is Baggins skulking by in the shadows with his hands in his pocket across the street, watching as a borderline 4 star in Ennis cavorts with friends outside a movie theater? Is he leaning low and peering out the window as Bradley Dale Peveto drives him past the home of a “rising” 3 star in Navasota? Does he then text these guys with something like “hey, saw you tonight. still keeping an eye on you”?

28 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Another one the aggie $9.95ers use a lot is “Jimbo is keeping an eye on Player X and there’s a developing mutual interest there”.

What does that mean? Is Baggins skulking by in the shadows with his hands in his pocket across the street, watching as a borderline 4 star in Ennis cavorts with friends outside a movie theater? Is he leaning low and peering out the window as Bradley Dale Peveto drives him past the home of a “rising” 3 star in Navasota? Does he then text these guys with something like “hey, saw you tonight. still keeping an eye on you”?

Translation for "keeping an eye on Player X" . . . .

imgur

So if the Marine is leaving after today, does any of the OL transfer?

More interestingly is that unless they get an OL coach from somewhere regional, it is going to be real hard to build relationships with 10 months till 2020 NSD.

So a well above average class at OL in Texas, A&M gets a new coach and has to play catch-up in recruiting.  Seems familiar, almost like the same type of thing happened when there was a bumper crop of DBs not to long ago in Texas...

35 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Should call for a restraining order but the idiots think it's a sign of devotion instead:

6 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

More interestingly is that unless they get an OL coach from somewhere regional, it is going to be real hard to build relationships with 10 months till 2020 NSD.

10 months is plenty of time, especially with most of the OL class already filled in