Fuck the YouTube Algorithm - Long Live the Surly Algorithm (YouTube Video Thread of Dominance)

immamac

9 hours ago, immamac said:

Post cool youtube videos to watch in this thread. Random is fine. 

Some quick googling says pure aluminum is about $0.89 per pound. So although a cool video, I'm gonna go with no on the "is it worth it".

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Is this some form of comedy? Or fetish shit I've never heard of? Either way, I don't get it.

Is Rebecca Black comedy?

I heard it this morning on the Ticket. There was some rich woman a hundred years ago that thought herself a wonderful singer. She was not. She was awful and yet people paid to hear her mangle notes. 

Someone paid to make this video. No one has gotten through this woman's brain that she can't sing. 

Space People kid did his awfulness on less than the cost of a pizza. Someone paid for this mess.

Edited by cactusflinthead

35 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Is this some form of comedy? Or fetish shit I've never heard of? Either way, I don't get it.

I googled her name and came up with a reddit thread.  She has/is getting a MSc in Sociology degree at Oxford.  Could be genuine ignorance of her ineptness or a long game, Andy Kaufman style experiment.

3 minutes ago, davidg said:

I googled her name and came up with a reddit thread.  She has/is getting a MSc in Sociology degree at Oxford.  Could be genuine ignorance of her ineptness or a long game, Andy Kaufman style experiment.

My guess is it's a sociological experiment that will focus on the comment section, or some form of art or comedy experiment. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, the comments are great. I do not think Rebecca Black is conducting a social experiment though. 

The opera singer

One of the most famous singers of her day, she was incredibly rich, a generous philanthropist, and garnered legions of fans including celebrities such as Noël Coward. Florence’s fame, however, rested not on her musical talent, but rather its opposite. Her astonishingly bad voice and abject inability – seemingly unbeknownst to her – to pitch correctly became the stuff of legend as she worked hard to lovingly massacre her way through gems by Mozart, Strauss and other leading composers

https://www.bbc.com/culture/article/20160504-why-florence-foster-jenkins-was-the-worlds-worst-singer

4 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Is Rebecca Black comedy?

I heard it this morning on the Ticket. There was some rich woman a hundred years ago that thought herself a wonderful singer. She was not. She was awful and yet people paid to hear her mangle notes. 

Someone paid to make this video. No one has gotten through this woman's brain that she can't sing. 

Space People kid did his awfulness on less than the cost of a pizza. Someone paid for this mess.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 11:43 AM, ajax said:

These two lovely ladies tackling Haulover Inlet on a tiny boat.

Also, at 2:18 a dude who's fishing falls into the water and has to be rescued. He held on to his fishing poles the entire time!

Also lol at 7:09.

dude I went down a deep hole. It took me to sailing. There is this family just sailing around the world permanently. Like they own no home, but can sail the world. 

go back further. it's crazy like a 9 year channel.