Sly Stallone's home? If it is, it's for sale.

Moby Ric

So I have been doing some house shopping online and I went down a rabbit hole and stumbled across this.  It looks like it might be Sylvester Stallone's home up for sale in Beverly Hills.  If not, they really like Sly.  And it is a holy shit home.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/30-Beverly-Park-Ter-Beverly-Hills-CA-90210/20533634_zpid/

• Hook 'Em 1

What does surly bluebloods think? Does one need to overbid on a 85m house? If so, whats a good bid?

i have a lot of cash lying around after selling my dogecoins. And i love stallone. So thinking of bidding. 

please advice. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

tax rolls say the owner is: 

Bloom Jacob A & The Lions Castle Trust

Interesting.  Jacob Bloom was an attorney to the stars, and retired in 2019.  Sly was one of his clients.  Along with everyone else.  Depp is apparently suing him for 50 million.  No wonder he is selling.  Sounds like a good opportunity to low ball the guy.

Jake Bloom was a movie star lawyer for the movie star era. Yes, he negotiated deals, some of the biggest Hollywood has ever seen. Bloom made Johnny Depp very rich thanks to the profit definition he crafted for the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. He helped Arnold Schwarzenegger and Sylvester Stallone become global action stars. For George Lucas, Bloom, with his partners, carved out the Star Wars merchandise rights that turned an indie filmmaker into a billionaire.

Edited by Moby Ric

On 7/30/2021 at 3:09 PM, Moby Ric said:

So I have been doing some house shopping online and I went down a rabbit hole and stumbled across this.  It looks like it might be Sylvester Stallone's home up for sale in Beverly Hills.  If not, they really like Sly.  And it is a holy shit home.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/30-Beverly-Park-Ter-Beverly-Hills-CA-90210/20533634_zpid/

Interested.  Im gonna need to move a few things around first though. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2021 at 5:37 AM, DigglerontheHoof said:

I don't understand why any super rich person would want to relocate from California to Florida...taxes?  

Florida is so fucking far down the list on where I'd want to live in the U.S. 

Heck yea. If you are super rich it is even more a material of savings. It literally costs you millions (compared to a low tax or no state tax) to live in a high tax state. I remember reading comparisons for contracts that major leaguers and professional sports players would get and how much take home was left on the table compared to living in Texas or Florida and it was mind blowing.

15 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Heck yea. If you are super rich it is even more a material of savings. It literally costs you millions (compared to a low tax or no state tax) to live in a high tax state. I remember reading comparisons for contracts that major leaguers and professional sports players would get and how much take home was left on the table compared to living in Texas or Florida and it was mind blowing.

I remember reading a story about ARod one year when he was still with the Rangers.  Rangers also had the NL West in interleague play that year, so they played something like 25 or so games in CA that season.  ARod had to pay nearly $1mm in CA state income tax that season.  

EDIT:  Not that I give a shit about ARod  

Edited by Trey3216
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 8/21/2021 at 11:25 AM, nnm said:

Wonder if the turtles come with it?

i can relate. i 'rescued' a turtle about 17 years ago. i did not realize they lived to like 70. will have to figure out how to put that he conveys in contract for house when we sell 😐

Edited by mchookem

• 4 months later...

I had forgotten about this thread but seeing it bumped reminds me of when I was listening to the radio a month or so ago and the Baylor men's basketball team was playing in the Bahamas. Radio crew from Waco were staying at Atlantis resort and had a view of the harbor. One of them noticed some buzz around one of the biggest yachts there and asked the server who told them the boat was inhabited by Sly Stallone. I think the boat may have been the Quantum of Solace but I'm not 100% on that. I don't know if he was there for the basketball or what but I guess he can afford to do whatever in first class.