The Charlotte Hornets- the future Beasts of the East?

shadow_operative

43 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

No

hey, if they were in the West i wouldn't even be asking. but the East is open for the taking forever what, the last 20-25 years? they aren't there yet, but i'd love to see what they could do if they had, say, a Bam Adebayo on their roster. not an all-nba player, but a really good, well rounded big man who can run. 

I watch a lot of Hornets games. I like them. They've got some potential. They do need something at the 5. They might be at their best playing small with PJ Washington at the 5 and Miles Bridges at the 4. Both of those guys have pretty high ceilings. The thing is you never really know what you're going to get out of Graham and Rozier. Rozier can be unguardable but he's just not very consistent. 

They wasted too much money on the GH deal to have him come off of the bench but if I were coaching the team that's what I'd do. I'm sure they can't trade that contract.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Are you sure the West is that much better than the East, or if it's even better at all?

Overall? Easily. At the top? The East might be better. I don't have the slightest clue who's coming out of the West in 2022. At least 6 teams with a real chance.

35 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Said no one ever 

Well I have strange interests. Miles Bridges is probably my favorite player in the NBA. I enjoy watching my school's guys in the NBA more than I enjoy college basketball. I still watch every MSU game of course but to me watching Miles, Draymond (and those other guys), and JJJ and Ja and rooting for their success is more entertaining for me. Shrug. I probably watched damn near every Hornets game this season. Also I have like 18 TVs in my basement and all of the sports packages. And I like to gamble. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

MJ is terrible so I’m gonna say no. Somehow he will fuck it up.

He’s given up a lot of control to Mitch

Huge Hornets fan since I moved out here in 2009.  The stroke of luck getting Lamelo has definitely rejuvenated the franchise.  Finally getting off some bad contracts.  Bouknight and Jones was a nice first round haul.  Cautiously optimistic 

9 hours ago, BigOrange1 said:

i think they'll be fun to watch but if they're gonna be legit contenders, their #1 player is not yet on their roster (or lamelo is going to have to take about 3 leaps).

see this is where i'm at. i think they have a rondarían right now, but they obviously need an alpha player to take them over the top. i only follow the actual basketball portion of the nba, so i don't known how realistic it is for them to make some moves to get them that guy, but they've definitely got plenty of young pieces with which to build around. and they're gonna be fun to watch.

7 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Well I have strange interests. Miles Bridges is probably my favorite player in the NBA. I enjoy watching my school's guys in the NBA more than I enjoy college basketball. I still watch every MSU game of course but to me watching Miles, Draymond (and those other guys), and JJJ and Ja and rooting for their success is more entertaining for me. Shrug. I probably watched damn near every Hornets game this season. Also I have like 18 TVs in my basement and all of the sports packages. And I like to gamble. 

i had PJ and Bridges on my fantasy team last year which is why i ended up watching more of them than i'd ever planned on before. bridges might be the best in-game dunker in the league. i love their small ball lineup, and the way they get up and down with it. they're actually one of the more fun teams to watch, even if their announcer is a spastic ripoff of Gus Johnson. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i had PJ and Bridges on my fantasy team last year which is why i ended up watching more of them than i'd ever planned on before. bridges might be the best in-game dunker in the league. i love their small ball lineup, and the way they get up and down with it. they're actually one of the more fun teams to watch, even if their announcer is a spastic ripoff of Gus Johnson. 

Haha. I love Eric Collins. He does spaz but he seems pretty genuine about it. He's a super good announcer, too, in my opinion. He has great historical knowledge, does a ton of homework, and has great chemistry with Dell.

JFC in a single thread I am telling the world that I watch every Charlotte Hornets game and I'm also breaking down home announcer tendencies outside of my market. It might be time to get a life. 

• Haha 1