Champions League 2021 - 2022

Napoleon

5 hours ago, WBT said:

Wow, Neuer was out almost to the middle circle and gave the ball away on a terrible pass but Villarreal missed the open net from around the midline.

That close to Villarreal picking up a huge 2nd

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Yeah, that calls for a pass, not the way too quick shot there. If nothing else, just take the extra touch and get a more aim on the shot. That was just so quick, his accuracy was off and it missed by not much (5 feet max).

https://youtu.be/xN63ic911k0?t=382 (link since the above video is down).

adrenaline.  it can be a bitch.

regardless, shocking result to me.

1 minute ago, Captain Ron said:

L'Equipe.

I don't believe in giving less than a 5 unless someone really sucked. Seems like they're trashing CP mainly because of his nationality. I didn't think Mount was much better. 6 for Havertz is interesting to say the least as well. And 3s across the back is just lazy. 

Here was Who Scored. Seems more accurate overall (5.7 for Christensen maybe a bit generous).

Screenshot_20220410-222754.thumb.png.4fda84dfb710f05ed3e350a1f3e5873c.png

I don't believe in giving less than a 5 unless someone really sucked. Seems like they're trashing CP mainly because of his nationality. I didn't think Mount was much better. 6 for Havertz is interesting to say the least as well. And 3s across the back is just lazy. 
Here was Who Scored. Seems more accurate overall (5.7 for Christensen maybe a bit generous).
Screenshot_20220410-222754.thumb.png.4fda84dfb710f05ed3e350a1f3e5873c.png

Madrid authorities again getting nervous with the arrival of City and Chelsea fans. Reading where they are more worried about those fans/hooligans clashing with each other than with Athleti or Madrid socios/ultras.

Heh. Should be fun

1 minute ago, Speedtrucker said:

Madrid authorities again getting nervous with the arrival of City and Chelsea fans. Reading where they are more worried about those fans/hooligans clashing with each other than with Athleti or Madrid socios/ultras.

Heh. Should be fun

City has hooligans? 

Just now, Captain Ron said:

I have zero interest to see Madrid win, but IMHO that should always be a handball call. If not for that handball that doesn't sit there for Alonso to get the shot.

I think maybe they didn't have an angle that showed clear contact with his hand? But I think that's totally how it happened. 

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I think maybe they didn't have an angle that showed clear contact with his hand? But I think that's totally how it happened. 

It's pretty clear it hits his hand after going up his body. That's what keeps the ball down.

My main thought is that if the ball is "controlled" due to the handball, then disallow the goal.