Champions League 2021 - 2022

Napoleon

4 minutes ago, The_Great_Hornsby said:

Keep not scoring goals in finals and see how that works out for you. Good day. 

Not that I care about your opinion (never seen you on this board before) or that you know anything about advanced stats but Liverpool had a 2.14xg today and 2.58 expected goals on target today. Courtois had an amazing game and hats off to him. 

If they played the same game 10 times, 9 of the 10 times they would score 2-3 goals. Today was the exception. It happens. 

04AA2AD2-6E81-4ED6-A064-251EA77C2D03.thumb.jpeg.a1f8a5326ba0490ef0d25212d9c9a057.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Not that I care about your opinion (never seen you on this board before) or that you know anything about advanced stats but Liverpool had a 2.14xg today and 2.58 expected goals on target today. Courtois had an amazing game and hats off to him. 

If they played the same game 10 times, 9 of the 10 times they would score 2-3 goals. Today was the exception. It happens. 

04AA2AD2-6E81-4ED6-A064-251EA77C2D03.thumb.jpeg.a1f8a5326ba0490ef0d25212d9c9a057.jpeg

Put it on the wall! /aggie

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

PS: this place was cool. Lots of both supporters there. Would recommend. 

That’s where I went, was super fun… especially like you said because there was supporters for both clubs there. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Firemans4Horn said:

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle

• Haha 1

f7545f0469885871147fea37559b54d8.jpg

That was a fun game, I felt pretty good about that all the way through.

So what I’m reading from the Spanish media Twitter etc is apparently the Madrid side of the stadium security had it easier because they weren’t arriving in masse but continually for 4+ hours.

For some reason the stadium security’s plan on the LFC side was when thing started getting really busy to try and force a slow down of admittance… real good plan 2 hours before kickoff.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

For some reason the stadium security’s plan on the LFC side was when thing started getting really busy to try and force a slow down of admittance… real good plan 2 hours before kickoff.

Liverpool fans didn’t arrive any later than Madrid fans. Like Madrid, we’ve been here, done this, all over Europe the last 5 years without any problems. 

French authorities and UEFA completely fucked up. This sky sports reporter says the first checkpoint was literally letting 1 fan in at a time. And it got worse logistically from there. Amateur hour. 

10 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Liverpool fans didn’t arrive any later than Madrid fans. Like Madrid, we’ve been here, done this, all over Europe the last 5 years without any problems. 

French authorities and UEFA completely fucked up. This sky sports reporter says the first checkpoint was literally letting 1 fan in at a time. And it got worse logistically from there. Amateur hour. 

The idea of fans arriving late has always been bullshit, we do this every year in Dallas and people arrive whenever they want, no problems.

It’s not like we haven’t seen these fuckups from UEFA before. They had issues because of lack of planning at the Euro final. 

We literally saw a clip before the game started with a crowd of fans being funneled toward one gate while they walked past 5 closed gates. 

There are some pretty gross comments in this thread as well that could sure use some mea culpas. But you know, trash gonna trash.

Also reading thousands of fans had fake tickets which were involved in the delays.

And there’s also years of evidence of fan behavior in champions league matches. So when early reports come in that it’s fans showing up late and pushing the gates, I don’t think anyone has to apologize for early comments.

This isn’t a tragedy, it’s some terrible gate management that delayed the game by almost 40 minutes.

In the end, it’s a non-story for me.

• Hook 'Em 1

I am going to post this across a few threads, because it should be widely seen, read:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jun/07/uefa-safety-consultant-quit-expressed-concerns-february-steve-frosdick

Revealed: Uefa safety consultant quit and expressed concerns in February

This wasn't just a little guy, but a high ranking consultant within UEFA. He had his role diminished since Aleksandr Ceferin took over as UEFA President and installed Zeljko Pavlica as the head of UEFA security. Pavlica and Ceferin are close friends with Ceferin being Pavlica's best man at his wedding in 2018.

Steve Frosdick is the career security guy that quit earlier this year, former cop turned career stadium security official (2-3 decades of experience). He had expressed concerns over the direction that Pavlica had taken security:

He is said to have become seriously unhappy with the direction of the department which since last year has been headed by Zeljko Pavlica, a close friend of the Uefa president, Aleksandr Ceferin. Frosdick is said to have believed that Uefa’s professionalism, expertise and development were being undermined, and he rejected a proposal to revise his contract, that would have downgraded his role.

Four months after he quit the Europa and Champions League finals occurred each with their own issues. The Champions League issues are well known. Europa saw issues like a lack of water at the venue, despite the temperatures. 

The main point here though is that it continues to appear UEFA ineptitude and not fan behavior was the cause of the issues surrounding these finals.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well now the CCTV footage was deleted.  

Erwan Le Prevost, director of international relations at the FFF told the French Senate that CCTV footage of the stadium is automatically deleted after seven days.

As the footage had not been requested before the seven days were up, it was deleted.

He said: “The images are available for seven days. They are then automatically destroyed.

“We should have had a requisition to provide them to the different populations (organisations). The images are extremely violent.”

President of the Senate law commission Francois-Noel Buffet later admitted if they had not properly asked for CCTV to be kept it "would be a serious problem from our point of view".

https://theathletic.com/news/stade-de-france-cctv-footage-from-champions-league-final-already-deleted/YnopFhd0wV10/

• Rage+1 1