Week 0 and Week 1 Viewing Guide

SimonBolivar

Kids soccer game finishes at 11 on Saturday so I've already said no messing around when over.

Will be watching KSU/Stanford, OU/Tulane, and PSU/Wisconsin @ 11, will start flipping over at Arky/Rice @ 1 to see how they look since that's week 2 and 3 opponents.  Bama/U and WVY/Maryland @ 2:30 will replace the 11 am games and hopefully catch a little of the Pirate, then Texas at 3:30.  Will only flip away from it at half.  Tech/UH, UGA/Clemson, UCLA/LSU and Kent State/aggy will round out the night.  Will have the grill going at some point.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Kids soccer game finishes at 11 on Saturday so I've already said no messing around when over.

Will be watching KSU/Stanford, OU/Tulane, and PSU/Wisconsin @ 11, will start flipping over at Arky/Rice @ 1 to see how they look since that's week 2 and 3 opponents.  Bama/U and WVY/Maryland @ 2:30 will replace the 11 am games and hopefully catch a little of the Pirate, then Texas at 3:30.  Will only flip away from it at half.  Tech/UH, UGA/Clemson, UCLA/LSU and Kent State/aggy will round out the night.  Will have the grill going at some point.

So, don’t make the kids skip their game because I’m going to watch CFB all day…

ok, got it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

We might now.   We are going SEC where cupcake non conference is not shunned, but encouraged.   Especially if we go in 2022 where will have to find a replacement game for the Bama non conference.  

I'm sure they haven't said but is it expected the SEC will stay at 8 conference games? That would mean that UT needs to find 2 noncon games. 

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

I'm sure they haven't said but is it expected the SEC will stay at 8 conference games? That would mean that UT needs to find 2 noncon games. 

That’s up in the air….. The fact two additional teams are in the equation might force the nine conference games and an easy out for the SEC to shed the criticism they get as it stands right now.   They should have done this when aggy and Mizzou joined so they don’t wait 8 years to play a conference opponent the first time like aggy  when they played  UGA in 2019.  

1 hour ago, SimonBolivar said:

I fully expect a shift to a 9-game schedule. aggy will blame us for the additional L each year.  We should take credit, in any event.

And I don't see us changing our non-conference scheduling philosophy. 

The Week 1 slate has a ton of intrigue this year. That Thursday, my Scarlet Knights should take care of Temple and then Boise-UCF and tOSU-Minnesota are a good 1-2 punch later. On Friday, I'll definitely watch UNC-VT, and I'll give MSU-NW a shot. On Saturday at 11, I'll rotate between WMU-UM, PSU-Wisconsin, and Stanford-K State, though the first and last of those might get boring. Rice-Arkansas at 1 is a sneakily good game sandwiched between those and the 2:30/3 slate. Texas-Louisiana is my primary focus, and I'll give Bama-Miami a shot before it gets out of hand. IU-Iowa, WV-UMD, CMU-Mizzou, and even SJSU-USC have my attention as well. Following those, I'll give Oregon St-Purdue and Tech-UofH some attention before UGA-Clemson in primetime. UTSA-Illinois might be gross, but I'll still watch it. The trio of LSU-UCLA, Nevada-Cal, and BYU-Arizona will produce at least one good game to close out the night. ND-FSU on Sunday might not be bad, and Louisville-Ole Miss on Labor Day should be fun.

11 minutes ago, Tomatillo said:

Any gambling plays in Week Zero? There's got to be an easy call on Neb-Ill, right? 

Hawaii will either lose by 90 or play UCLA really tough. No in-between with them. 

Yeah I think Frost will load up on Illinois to try to get some heat down. Beating them by 35 won't help in the end though.

I enjoy CFB too much to gamble during it.

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/1/2021 at 7:13 PM, Elmer_Fudd said:

If theyre still of the age where you can comfortably carry them, my advice to you is this:

As the game’s final seconds tick away, get into a track stance as close to the sideline as you can. Once you hear the echo of the final whistle, sprint to your kid, pick them up (one arm is ideal as you need the other to assist in running speed), run your ass to the car (speak to no one) and get the fuck home. 

My dad literally did this with me on my very first Texas-OU game as an 8 year old. Great day. We won our soccer game and Texas beat those jackoffs.

• Like 2

On 8/1/2021 at 4:58 PM, SimonBolivar said:

It's here again bitches. This month there is mother fucking college football and while this is normally slow season we at least have some entertainment in realignment to keep us occupied until the season begins. My favorite thread every year is time to go...

All times Central and the bold are my scheduled viewing...

Week 0-

Saturday August 28:

Nebraska at Illinois    12:00 pm    FOX (cable) / FOX Video
Hawaii at UCLA    2:30 pm    ESPN / ESPN Video

Eastern Illinois at Indiana State    5:00 pm    TBA
Alcorn vs. NC Central    6:00 pm    ESPN / ESPN Video
UConn at Fresno State    TBA    CBSSN / CBS Video
UTEP at New Mexico State    8:30 pm    Bally Spots / $Flo Video
Southern Utah at San Jose State    9:00 pm    CBSSN / CBS Video

It'll be weird to see Nebby start the season @ Illinois for college football. Both teams are expected to be fairly bad, so this might be the only time I watch either team other than that glorious 11AM matchup for NU/OU. Hawaii will score 35 on UCLA but UCLA will score 52 and that should be fun. UConn @ Fresno should be an interesting matchup that you don't see too often. UTEP @ New Mexico State are both terrible but it's a rivalry even if it's a bigger basketball rivalry. We've had worse 0 weeks.

Week 1-

Wednesday September 1:

UAB vs. Jacksonville State (Montgomery, AL)6:30pm ESPN / ESPN Video

Better than nothing and a regional rivalry where both schools have had great success at their level. I really enjoy watching Bill Clark at UAB so I'm interested to see what level they're at this year. It's college football on tv.

Thursday September 2:

Temple at Rutgers    5:30 pm    BTN / FOX Video
Boise State at UCF    6:00 pm    ESPN / ESPN Video
Appalachian State vs. East Carolina (Charlotte, NC)    6:30 pm    ESPNU / ESPN Video
South Florida at NC State    6:30 pm    ACC Network / / ESPN Video
Bowling Green at Tennessee    7:00 pm    SEC Network / ESPN Video
Ohio State at Minnesota    7:00 pm    FOX (cable) / FOX Video
Eastern Washington at UNLV    9:00 pm    FSN / Stadium (affiliates) / FSGo Video
Southern Utah at Arizona State    9:30 pm    Pac-12 / Pac-12 Video
Weber State at Utah    TBA    Pac-12 / Pac-12 Video

Great set for the first Thursday with a rivalry in Temple @ Rutgers and then a future Big 12 battle between Boise @ UCF looks to be a blast and game of the night. I'm interesting in seeing how ECU is progressing and Appalachian State @ ECU will be a great uniform game with some good scoring. The BigTen game will probably be a blow out, but row the boat is always a wildcard. I guess y'all can watch Tennessee against one of the worst FBS teams there is to scout your future UT nemesis.

Friday September 3-

North Carolina at Virginia Tech    5:00 pm    ESPN / ESPN Video
Duke at Charlotte    6:00 pm    CBSSN / CBS Video
Old Dominion at Wake Forest    6:00 pm    ACC Network / ESPN Video
Michigan State at Northwestern    8:00 pm    ESPN / ESPN Video
Northern Colorado at Colorado    8:00 pm    Pac-12 / Pac-12 Video
South Dakota State at Colorado State    8:00 pm    FS1 / FSGo
Games online only or not scheduled for nationally available networks.
South Dakota at Kansas    7:00 pm    $espn+ Video

Fun little Friday with two good games and then a Big 12 showing where KU will probably lose to South Dakota. UNC @ VaTech is going to be a great one and I know Northwestern wants revenge on Michigan State for their upset over them last year. Damn good opening Friday, but I have to admit if they could have Colorado vs Colorado State instead of those FCS games it would be a bit better.

Saturday September 4-

Army at Georgia State    11:00 am    ESPNU / ESPN Video
Colgate at Boston College    11:00 am    ACC Network / / ESPN Video
Fordham at Nebraska    11:00 am    BTN / FOX Video
Holy Cross at UConn    11:00 am    CBSSN / CBS Video
Kansas State vs. Stanford (in Arlington)    11:00 am    FS1 / FSGo
Louisiana Monroe at Kentucky    11:00 am    SEC Network / ESPN Video
Oklahoma at Tulane    11:00 am    ABC (cable) / espn3 Video
Penn State at Wisconsin    11:00 am    FOX (cable) / FOX Video
Western Michigan at Michigan    11:00 am    ESPN / ESPN Video
Fresno State at Oregon    1:00 pm    Pac-12 / Pac-12 Video
Lafayette at Air Force    1:00 pm    FSN / Stadium (affiliates) / FSGo Video
Alabama vs. Miami (Atlanta)    2:30 pm    ABC (cable) / espn3 Video
Indiana at Iowa    2:30 pm    BTN / FOX Video
Marshall at Navy    2:30 pm    CBSSN / CBS Video
West Virginia at Maryland    2:30 pm    ESPN / ESPN Video
Central Michigan at Missouri    3:00 pm    SEC Network / ESPN Video
Louisiana Tech at Mississippi State    3:00 pm    ESPNU / ESPN Video
UMass at Pittsburgh    3:00 pm    ACC Network / / ESPN Video
Louisiana Lafayette at Texas    3:30 pm    FOX (cable) / FOX Video
San Jose State at USC    4:00 pm    Pac-12 / Pac-12 Video
Oregon State at Purdue    6:00 pm    FS1 / FSGo
Syracuse at Ohio    6:00 pm    CBSSN / CBS Video
Texas Tech at Houston    6:00 pm    ESPN / ESPN Video
Clemson vs. Georgia (Charlotte, NC)    6:30 pm    ABC (cable) / espn3 Video

Florida Atlantic at Florida    6:30 pm    SEC Network / ESPN Video
Northern Illinois at Georgia Tech    6:30 pm    ACC Network / / ESPN Video
UTSA at Illinois    6:30 pm    BTN / FOX Video
Kent State at Texas A&M    7:00 pm    ESPNU / ESPN Video
Montana at Washington    7:00 pm    Pac-12 / Pac-12 Video
LSU at UCLA    7:30 pm    FOX (cable) / FOX Video
Arizona vs. BYU (Las Vegas)    9:30 pm    ESPN / ESPN Video
Nevada at California    9:30 pm    FS1 / FSGo

New Mexico State at San Diego State    9:30 pm    CBSSN / CBS Video
Utah State at Washington State    10:00 pm    Pac-12 / Pac-12 Video

I'll be at the Baylor @ Texas State game so I'll miss most of what looks to be one of the best opening Saturdays we've seen in a long time outside of what I can watch at the tailgate. There are just a plethora of great games. We're going to need about 5 screens at any given time with this schedule. Usually on the opening Saturday you're struggling at the 2:30 mark to find a decent game, but every time slot is full of fantastic games.

Sunday, September 5th-

Florida A&M vs. Jackson State    2:00 pm    ESPN2 / ESPN Video
Grambling vs. Tennessee State    3:00 pm    TBA
Cramton Bowl: Fort Valley State vs. Tuskegee    6:00 pm    ESPNU / ESPN Video
Notre Dame at Florida State    6:30 pm    ABC (cable) / espn3 Video

Early game is Prime Time coaching against FAMU so we have to see how that is going and Notre Dame @ FSU needs no introduction.

Monday, September 6th-

Louisville vs. Ole Miss (Atlanta)7:00 pmESPN / ESPN Video

Hell yeah why the fuck not

TL;DR- It's fucking football time

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

Bump thread... CFB 2021 !!!

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47jgsm8l5avmmjajvrih 

🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/3/2021 at 3:16 PM, SimonBolivar said:

I enjoy CFB too much to gamble during it.

Lisa: What could be more exciting than the savage ballet that is pro football?
Homer: Well...you know...you like ice cream, don't you?
Lisa: Uh-huh.
Homer: And don't you like ice cream better when it's covered with hot fudge and mounds of whipped cream and chopped nuts and, oh, those crumbled-up cookie things they mash up. Mmm...crumbled-up cookie things.
Lisa: So gambling makes a good thing even better.

College football is BACK! All the Week 0 games going down this weekend

FBS

• Nebraska at Illinois -- 1 p.m. ET, Fox. Bret Bielema's debut at Illinois, but the focus is on Scott Frost and Nebraska. If it's possible for a Week 0 game to be a must-win, this is it.
  • UConn at Fresno State -- 2 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network. UConn's first game since Nov. 30, 2019.
  • Hawai'i at UCLA -- 3:30 p.m. ET, ESPN. An important tuneup game for Chip Kelly's Bruins before the Tigahs of LSU visit the Rose Bowl next week.
  • UTEP at New Mexico State -- 9:30 p.m. ET. New Mexico State has won three straight in this I-10 rivalry.
  • Southern Utah at San Jose State -- 10 p.m. ET, CBS Sports Network. Brent Brennan's crew begins its defense of the program's first Mountain West title.

FCS

• Eastern Illinois at Indiana State -- 6 p.m. ET, ESPN+
  • Alcorn State vs. North Carolina Central (at Atlanta) -- 7 p.m. ET, ESPN. GameDay will be on hand at Center Parc Stadium to ring in the new season.

Division II

Kentucky State at Central State (Ohio) -- 3 p.m. ET. The Classic for Columbus kicks off the 2021 D2 season begins at the Horseshoe after neither program competed in 2020.

Division III

No games. The division that played the fewest games in 2020 will be the last to join the party in 2021.

NAIA

A nearly full schedule for Week 0, so full we might have to call it Week 1. Let's split the difference and consider this Week 0.5.

Arkansas Baptist at Tabor (Kan.)
Central Methodist (Mo.) at Grand View (Iowa)
Mayville State (N.D.) at Roosevelt (Ill.)
Iowa Wesleyan at St. Ambrose (Iowa)
Evangel (Mo.) at Clarke (Iowa)
Sterling (Kan.) at Midland (Neb.)
College of Idaho at Montana State-Northern
Carroll (Mont.) at Montana Western
Florida Memorial at Edward Waters (Fla.)
Lyon (Ark.) at Missouri Baptist
North American (Texas) at Louisiana College
Missouri Valley at Peru State (Neb.)
Briar Cliff (Iowa) at Waldorf (Iowa)
Madonna (Mich.) at Lawrence Tech (Mich.)
Northwestern (Iowa) at Presentation (S.D.)
MidAmerica Nazarene (Kan.) at Graceland (Iowa)
Benedictine (Kan.) at William Penn (Iowa)
Baker (Kan.) at Culver-Stockton (Mo.)
Eastern Oregon at Montana Tech
Dakota State (S.D.) at Dakota Wesleyan (S.D.) 

https://footballscoop.com/news/college-football-is-back-full-week-zero-0-schedule

• Like 1

On 8/23/2021 at 8:57 AM, hpslugga said:

If theyre still of the age where you can comfortably carry them, my advice to you is this:

As the game’s final seconds tick away, get into a track stance as close to the sideline as you can. Once you hear the echo of the final whistle, sprint to your kid, pick them up (one arm is ideal as you need the other to assist in running speed), run your ass to the car (speak to no one) and get the fuck home. 

A32D71B1-A880-432D-96DB-B344F8B5FBF1.gif

6 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Damn they are still propping Corso up out there on gameday!

It’s beyond sad at this point.  When he talks, you can see everyone just waiting to help him through. I rarely watch this show anymore, and this morning reminds me why.