Tell me about blood pressure

On 8/5/2021 at 2:21 PM, 0xdeadbeef said:

A brain dump on what I know of BP Meds:

• lisinopril- Works well for BP, but causes a dry cough in a lot of people. And by a lot of people, they seems to mean everyone

I do 10 mg of Lisinopril a day. Yes at first it caused a slight dry cough for maybe 2 weeks. Then it went away, and once it does, it never comes back, and that pretty much seems to mean everyone.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

This topic came up when I searched giving blood.  Have always been interested if there is a correlation between giving blood and keeping pressure under control.  Been out of state for a long time, so today when I gave in Bedford at Carter Blood care two things happened:

1. my blood pressure was nice and low, for me...127 or so over about 80ish.  

I asked how many gallons I've given and I am in the 7 gallon club.  

Another issue people don't forget that can influence blood pressure is body inflammation from allergies. 
I went in last spring for my annual, BP was 140-95, doc wanted to discuss BP meds.  I declined-(might adversely affect my aviation medical). 

I also had sleep apnea concerns (had sleep study done-no apnea) and allergy problems causing respiratory symptoms and even caused  eosinophilic esophagitis (diagnosed with upper GI - presumably a different scope than what they used for my lower GI scope). 

After a year of allergy treatment, sleep apnea concerns gone (less loud, abrupt snoring), esophagitis symptoms gone.  Blood pressure at last allergist appointment was 110/75.