• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Nuge said:

I am now a fan of Simona Tabasco.

64030107-11373621-image-a-9_166722506962

her friend was hotter, though i guess technically not a working girl.

looks like both of them will be catalysts for much of what goes on this season.  in the "this season on" trailer, you see them partying with imperioli, and then also with the two husbands i believe.  i wasn't paying that much attention.

i thought the start was ok.  something is off with the two couples.  i find it hard to believe they'd go on this trip together (and spend every moment together) if they weren't already "couple friends".  i'm sure we'll learn more.  this is probably the most intriguing storyline so far.

the jennifer coolidge/uncle rico plotline, while probably realistic, is not very fun to watch.  and after seeming pretty easy-going in s1, he's a pain in the ass in s2.  also dude, when you marry a 60 year old wealthy overweight woman, she's probably not gonna just start losing weight, even for you.  she is what she is.

the three generation family could be fun, abraham is always a delight.  figure imperioli was involved in some sort of hollywood #metoo scandal, though seems to have kept his job, so who knows.

season one worked largely because of the hotel manager and his relationships with the guests and his staff.  not sure i see that happening this season, with the language barrier and the actress involved.  he was a tough act to follow.

• Hook 'Em 2

Stiffler's mom and her hippy/dippy bullshit and Uncle Rico were the worst part of season 1 so it's a bummer that they're the only ones back.  I really wish they hadn't killed off Armond and had him relocate to the new resort if they wanted a recurring character.  But other than that I thought it was pretty good.

The prostitute and her friend seem fun.  Any bets on whether she hooks up with the son or the grandson next?

The new Shane isn't quite as smary as the old Shane yet but he could get there.  Obviously they're setting up something with him stripping in front of Aubrey Plaza but I also got a vibe that his wife was down for a swap too.

Edited by WBT

On 10/31/2022 at 1:17 PM, henrygandorf said:

her friend was hotter, though i guess technically not a working girl.

looks like both of them will be catalysts for much of what goes on this season.  in the "this season on" trailer, you see them partying with imperioli, and then also with the two husbands i believe.  i wasn't paying that much attention.

i thought the start was ok.  something is off with the two couples.  i find it hard to believe they'd go on this trip together (and spend every moment together) if they weren't already "couple friends".  i'm sure we'll learn more.  this is probably the most intriguing storyline so far.

the jennifer coolidge/uncle rico plotline, while probably realistic, is not very fun to watch.  and after seeming pretty easy-going in s1, he's a pain in the ass in s2.  also dude, when you marry a 60 year old wealthy overweight woman, she's probably not gonna just start losing weight, even for you.  she is what she is.

the three generation family could be fun, abraham is always a delight.  figure imperioli was involved in some sort of hollywood #metoo scandal, though seems to have kept his job, so who knows.

season one worked largely because of the hotel manager and his relationships with the guests and his staff.  not sure i see that happening this season, with the language barrier and the actress involved.  he was a tough act to follow.

Yup to all. We watched ep1 because we need something new on Sundays. It didn't hook us in like Season 1. 

As you said, the hotel manager in season 1 was the key.  I don't know if this girl will be the same but she is a lil snarky. 

Hope they balance it out with lots of topless boobs after they flashed that fake dick lol

On 10/31/2022 at 1:17 PM, henrygandorf said:

He was great.  Won an Emmy for that role I believe.

47 minutes ago, Native Horn said:
  Hide contents

My thought with Uncle Rico is that he isn't cheating on Mrs. Stiffler, but rather he was talking to his mom/sister/whatever telling them that Mrs. Stiffler doesn't know how sick he is and has to return to Denver for some tests or treatment.

This is my belief too. 

18 hours ago, Native Horn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

My thought with Uncle Rico is that he isn't cheating on Mrs. Stiffler, but rather he was talking to his mom/sister/whatever telling them that Mrs. Stiffler doesn't know how sick he is and has to return to Denver for some tests or treatment.

Maybe.  But he sounded pretty snarky about her being clueless as usual or whatever he said.  He did kind of pop up out of nowhere in season 1...conveniently. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Maybe.  But he sounded pretty snarky about her being clueless as usual or whatever he said.  He did kind of pop up out of nowhere in season 1...conveniently. 

And he did mention the prenup in a way that makes it sound like he wants to try and get her to reverse it or whatever since he has to work so much and can’t afford to just quit and be with her 100%

• Hook 'Em 1

We finished S1. I wanted Paula to have some repercussions for setting up the crimes. Like getting arrested.

My biggest issue with Rachael is that she seems totally surprised by her husband’s personality, his disdain for her shitty job as a social media “journalist”, and the intrusiveness of his mother. There’s no way to hide that kind of behavior before the wedding and honeymoon.

Also, how much of S2 is in Italian with subtitles? Does it subside a bit after E1?